How to write appeal letter?

My girlfriend from Thailand, 2014 and 2016 she used old passport go in, was deported until she renew her passport in 2018 and she managed to go in once which is early of November and stay for 4 days, the ED card choose “No” for the ever prohibited to enter singapore. 2nd time is end of Nov, choose “No” also, but they couldnt detect her finger print and ask her go inside the room, then when scan also cannot. They further check her passport and found out she was refused entry before with her old passport. So conclusion, they think my gf lie why on the ED card she choose “No” for prohibited to enter Singapore. They say lying its an offence even though is old passport. Ok, so i waited until January 2019, i ask her to put yes on the ED card for being refused entry and i was travelling with her, they also rejected her. The officer just told me she is ban from entering, they didnt tell me ban for how long, and didnt tell me nor her whats the reason. And he say ask me to write an email to ICA feedback to appeal for her entry.

May I know what is required in the appeal letter? And what reason is strong enough for them to approve it?

The reason why she is banned is obvious: She violated immigration rules several times and lied on her entry card!
How long she is banned is difficult to say - it could be several years.
To appeal, she would need reasons to visit that are stronger than Singapore's reasons not to want her to enter. It is difficult to imagine what such reasons could be.
Therefore, I recommend her to stay away from Singapore for at least 6 months (or better a year), then contact ICA, ask about the ban and what could be done to lift it (if anything).
Under no circumstances should she try to visit Singapore again without prior approval by ICA!

@beppi

But i dont understand is 2 times entered with the old passport rejected. Then when the passport has been renewed, then she can enter. After that the second and third, she rejected. Second time is due to lying in the ED card and third time is just ban for nothing.

Why is she allowed to enter after she renewed her passport?

May I know what kind of reason can be used? Can I use my birthday as my reason because its quite near already.

I did asked about ICA but they asked me to appeal by using the form 14 and get approval first. When i ask the reason behind of denied entry through the email, they say not allowed to reveal. Then few days ago, which is the third time she get rejected, the supervisor talk to me personally saying that should write appeal letter before coming to Singapore and based on the OA regulations, he said he is not allowed to disclose the reason she was denied entry.

Ask her to write mail to ICA (not you) and request officer how to lift the ban.

To your query, why she was not caught once or twice after renewal of passport, it was due to undetected at first or second instance because in white embarkation form she lied that she was never banned. I must say that she was lucky to enter once or twice without detection of her wrong declaration. This is a serious offence when someone lie in immigration declaration form, specially when someone is serving banned period.

Your birthday is not a reason for someone to visit here, who has bad record in ICA and currently serving ban period. The only valid reason is medical treatment she can show but she must have ICA approval prior to her visit.

Further, ICA doesn't recognise BF GF relationship, it only recognises marriage with valid marriage certificate. So, telling any reason related to you may not be a valid reason for her to visit here.

Looking at her offence, as Beppi said STAY AWAY from Singapore at least 1year. If she tries to enter again without prior approval, then there is a high possibility that the officer may ban her for several years with black stamp on her passport. Be careful

I agree to everything Surya said above.
There is very little chance for a successful appeal right now. So she should stay away from Singapore for a long time and then only visit after ICA gave their approval.

surya2k wrote:

Ask her to write mail to ICA (not you) and request officer how to lift the ban.

To your query, why she was not caught once or twice after renewal of passport, it was due to undetected at first or second instance because in white embarkation form she lied that she was never banned. I must say that she was lucky to enter once or twice without detection of her wrong declaration. This is a serious offence when someone lie in immigration declaration form, specially when someone is serving banned period.

Your birthday is not a reason for someone to visit here, who has bad record in ICA and currently serving ban period. The only valid reason is medical treatment she can show but she must have ICA approval prior to her visit.

Further, ICA doesn't recognise BF GF relationship, it only recognises marriage with valid marriage certificate. So, telling any reason related to you may not be a valid reason for her to visit here.

Looking at her offence, as Beppi said STAY AWAY from Singapore at least 1year. If she tries to enter again without prior approval, then there is a high possibility that the officer may ban her for several years with black stamp on her passport. Be careful

Really? The only reason is medical treatment? Any other reason pls? T_T

So even we get married, the chances of her getting will be increased or not?

Her english not that good when comes to typing an official letter, thats why I'm writing on behalf of her?

Just to clarify, even when she is ban, but there is no ban for writing an appeal letter right?

Medical reason is the only appropriate reason for a banned person can visit here, other than I don't see any other choice she has at present. She may try to get approval at ICA to visit her ailing close relative, if any.

Did I say that the mail has to be written by her? I told that she should communicate to ICA, which means you can prepare an email send to her (if she doesn't write properly) then she can copy the mail and send to ICA.

During ban, someone can request ICA to advise how to lift the ban. Then follow the advise from ICA.

You both can get married in her country and obtain marriage certificate then you can apply her LTVP (subject to approval). Or else you both can marry here but that need to check and register at ROM then request ICA to allow her to visit here. Below link for your reference:

https://www.rom.gov.sg/reg_info/rom_mar … rocess.asp

Can work be a good reason to write a letter of Appeal? Actually I already have my IPA but I'm worried that I will be send back home again once I entered Singapore  even if I will be presenting my IPA.

It is possible, but rare to be denied entry even with an IPA. To be certain, you could contact ICA and ask if there is a ban against you that would override your IPA.

_jelCM wrote:

Can work be a good reason to write a letter of Appeal? Actually I already have my IPA but I'm worried that I will be send back home again once I entered Singapore  even if I will be presenting my IPA.

So you managed to get a job in Singapore? Thats your reason in the letter hence they approved yours?

Yup I already have my job. However I am not yet entering SG for a reason that they may deny me again. I'll let you know again for the updates.

@_jelCM

Ok sure, thks

@surya2k Hi, my bf (foreigner) was prohibited in 2022 and we were told by an officer his ban will be for 2 years. We did not know the reason why he was banned and we tried to ask ICA and appeal as well but they did not reveal the reason. After some research, I think he was suspected for visa run? because I asked him to go to JB with me for a day trip nearing my birthday. Upon return, he could not enter and was issued a paper stating he was prohibited. We regret our decision and also blame ourselves for not doing research on immigration laws, because as a Singaporean i could easily enter JB and come back on the same day.

As we are planning to get married and register our marriage in 2025, which has passed the 2 years mark, can I get your advice on how I can request for entry (what is needed etc), and how do I contact ICA on this? Will the Application of Marriage/ROM notice be a valid reason for his entry?