Changing jobs + Travelling on IPA

Hi!

Backstory:
I'm an Indian passport holder (sigh) and I've been working in Singapore for the last two years.
I came here on an EP in 2016. Got downgraded to s-pass when I was up for renewal in 2018.
I'm in the process of changing jobs and today my new EP got approved (yay!).

I've noticed loads of people wondering about the processing time in 2018 so for whomever it might help:
Applied: 12th Nov 2018
Approved: 21st Nov 2018
Old salary: 5000k
New salary: 6500k
Experience: 10 years
Industry: Advertising

Since I don't have any Indian friends who have changed jobs on an EP, I had a few questions:

1. My last day of employment will be on a Friday (21 Dec 2018) and I plan to fly back to India for the holidays the next day i.e Saturday (22 Dec 2018).
Is this a bad idea? Do I need to stay in Singapore to apply for the new card or return my old one?

2. Assuming I leave the country the day after my EP is cancelled, can I come back using the single entry visa granted by my IPA? This seems like an obvious yes, but I'd like to make sure. #paranoid

Any advice regarding changing jobs, cancelled EP formalities, travelling in-and-out of Singapore during the transition would be much appreciated. Thank you!

PS: I'm sorry if I've missed a thread that already answered these questions.

Congrats for your new job and EP renewal. Thanks for sharing your pass approval details which will help other expats in future.

Both questions are discussed and answered many times in recent times.

In short, see the response:
1. It's upto you to stay here to collect EP card before you visit India or before that you too can visit. It is your personal choice.
2. You can enter Singapore with your IPA letter, should not be an issued.

Thanks for your response.
I'm in an interesting predicament.

I was checking the details on my declaration form and noticed an error. The name of my 'main campus or affiliated college attended' is wrong. I flagged it to my new employer. I'm desperately hoping we can resolve it without having to resubmit. :(

What do you think?

Should be fine as MoM can take this change before approving your EP. Good luck

My EP is already approved. I have the IPA. Spotted the error in the declaration I have to sign for card issuance.

Still waiting to hear back from my HR!

You may call them up to speedy up the process.