Chances of getting employment pass for research scientist?

Hello, my company filed for my EP application last week and the status is pending at the moment.

I understand the waiting period varies greatly from days to months but I wonder what are my chances of getting EP?

Background:
1. Nationality: Malaysian
2. Race: Chinese
3. Position: Research Scientist
4. Working Experience: <1 year (fresh grad) but completed industrial training in SG previously (under TEP)

I've read somewhere that Malaysians do have better chances of securing EP but I'm not sure how true is it. Also, I wonder if research scientist is considered a highly skilled job/in demand in SG? Besides, is my industrial training in SG previously considered an added advantage to my EP application?

Thank you in advance!

You are exactly the type of foreigner Singapore wants to attract.
What you lack in work experience (<3years) is made up by your being Malaysian Chinese and having an in-demand profession (scientist).
If the employer is allowed to hire foreigners and if the salary is within market norms, you should be fine!

Thank you beppi for your quick response!

Your answer really increases my confidence!  :)

Hi All,

My company filed my Ep renewal on 5th Sep and it was rejected on 19th Sep. Appeal was submitted on 21st Sep and waiting time is about 3 weeks (status still show rejected).

I am Malaysian Chinese with 10 years working experience in similar marine field. Current company established 2 years ago with only 1 staff working with Ep so far. Basic pay above the min. requirement @ S$4.8k per month. I am quite worry about the result as my advantage was merely years of experience in sales & diploma holder.
Any clues about the chances of approval?

Thanks!