SPass Rejection

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I appreciate the help from this great community. I've read so many threads before but I would like to be given insight to the problem that I currently faced.

To start of I am 21 y.o male, Indonesian and studied in Singapore in Kaplan for Diploma in BA, Bachelors and Masters in Management. I have 1,5 years of experience in Indonesia but none in Singapore. Recently a company applied SPass for me with salary of $2,200 (meeting the minimum salary requirement). I provided all documents needed but not my Master's certificate because it is not out yet. Thus I provide my transcript of graduating and completing the whole Masters course.

My application was submitted on the 8th August 2018 in the morning, but got a reply in the afternoon saying that my passport photo was unclear, so I need to reapply on the 10th since 9th is public holiday. On the 10th my company applied with all corrected documents. Up till today morning, I received an email from HR saying that my application was rejected. "Candidate is not eligible to apply for a work pass, please look for another candidate." She tried to contact MoM and they said that the problem is not with the company, it is me who are not eligible for a work pass, and the reason was confidential. I am applying for Cust. Service Executive.

I have clean records in Singapore, never had problems with the ICA or MoM. As for now, for an appeal, I must wait till Monday so I could contact MoM to ask for clarification, but I bet it's going to be another confidential information as to why I am rejected. I have no other supporting and new documents for an appeal as all that was submitted was my education certs. 

What do you think is the problem and whether I should appeal or not?

I always say that read our various threads which will give enough information on what to do. We had recently discussed a similar case like yours. Good luck

See below link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=799449

Dear Surya,

Thanks for your response. The previous thread had the same problem, but different context. In this case I have work experience outside Singapore for a year plus. Do you think I should appeal and not give up on this job?

Thanks

That case had similar like yours, he too had 3 years of experiences in Indonesia. Studying Kaplan is not going to help much as it's not a recognised institution in MoM's list. Secondly, the employer has no answer to the MoM's question, in this case MoM didn't ask but instead clearly said look out other candidate as you are not eligible to work here. I have read in past (several times) that mostly Indonesians have received such rejections.

In this case, no appeal can be added any value as MoM already said that look for other candidate and you're NOT eligible to apply work pass here. I would suggest that you should try in your country or elsewhere. Good luck