Criminal record check

Hi,

As i know that if i want to apply for residency card in Morocco, it requires a cert of Criminal Record from my home country.

I have check with my home country's police dept and they can issue it , as long as I can provide a letter of request from the relevant department in Morocco.

Does anyone know that if the police of Morocco can issue such letter to proof that they require my criminal record check for applying residency card?

thanks~
Alyson

Go to the ministry of justice in Rabat. Take your passport and then file for a criminal background check. You will go back the next day and get it. Ok?  I brought mine from the US but it was past the 90 day requirement so had to get one in Morocco

oo thanks!

so actually they can issue the Criminal Check record proof for me to apply for residency card? and which mean that I don't have to apply it from my home country?

Hi best to go to main police station and ask for the list of documents required for Carte Se Jour residence visa as they do change often and there is no way u can get ur police certificate from morocco you 100% need it from ur country of origin and no embassy or consulate will or can give you that. Save urself time and hassel and get it from ur country they are only one can issue it. Morocco or any other country will not give you a letter asking for it from ur country. Good luck.

No you don't. You can get it in Morocco. Be sure to take your passport with you when you apply for it.

Ok please let us know if it is possible as i have had long and heated debate with police as i was in a same situation. As far as i was told if u applying for it second time u need police check from Rabat not first time as they dont know ur police record in ur home country and unless it is a very serious issue they wont ask ur country to provide onr Thanks

yes as this is the first time i apply ..probably i have to get it from my home country.

but the point is that my home country need a letter from Morocco to support it ~
so i may be stuck in this part....

As i said no govt will request criminal check from another govt unless it is serious issue but your country must hve a way for you to obtain your own personal back ground check. If you can share where you from you may have ur countryman/woman can advise you better. Good luck

unfortunately ..  my local police department (in Hong Kong) requested a formal letter from formal authorities in Morocco in order to issue the criminal check record for me...

I would go to ur consulate in casa or rabat and speak to someone there regarding the issue as they can look into it and may know the way coz they will know more hongkong national who are in morocco and how have they obtained the criminal report which is necessary for the resident visa application. Try searching different blogs on net too i am sure there will be a way. Sorry cant help anymore but wish u good luck.

Here are few  websites might be of help.

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_use … crime.htmlhttps://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_use … ction.htmlhttps://www.criminal-records-search.com … ngkong.asphttps://www.lexology.com/library/detail … 022095c620

I obtained mine the first time in Rabat at the Ministry of Justice.

As I stated earlier. My US one was 2 week expired as you have a 3 month window.
Just go there and take your passport and fill out the form

Cathy i think you dont understand the question been asked ur case i wud say is exceptional not normal routine. Plus u had ur police certificate and it was out couple of weeks may be they said never mind its not too long out fine but what alyson is asking how to get the first one mean she hasnt even got the one in the first place let alone been out dated or whatever, you cant obtain the police record from moroccan police as they dont have your history from hongkong or where ever so how can they give you certificate?  U not making sense at all i am afraid. Please dont give someone wrong advise if you dont know say i dont know but dont waste someone's time and make them run around for no reason its not nice. I hope you undestand the position she is in now.

I am giving legitimate advise obtained frim a Moroccan attorney.

I would never give false information.

The Ministry of Justice in Rabat handles these all the time

Well let see what alyson finds out. What you saying makes no sense what so ever. Rabat ministry wouldnt know if you were a criminal or not outside Morocco would they? If they wont then how can they issue a certificate on behalf of another country??
Does it make sense to anyone on forum at all i be glad to be corrected.

No but with your passport information they can find out . That is why you need your passport. That is how they cleared me. They never daw my USA one

They do not issue it on behalf of another country. They issue it for Morocco after clearing you through your passport

I am honestly lost but as i said lets see what she finds out as it cud have saved me few trips and i am sure if she share her experience that will save lots of people time and hassle.

Thst is why I shared my experience.

Thanks a lot.

wow ~ thats the department I have checked and contacted with ~ and

as stated in pt C:

c) The original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of a letter from the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority, which contains his or her name and clearly indicates that the production of the Certificate is required;

I need to have a letter from relevant authority in order to apply for the certifciate from the police departmetn in hk~

one of my friends from hkg also has the same problem before~  (i think that's becoz our police department in HK won't issue any certificate without letter from Morocco)

so she has been in and out Morocco for every 3 months. And after staying in Morocco for 1 year, then she went to ask for the Criminal Check record from Morocco Police office (not sure if its rabat), and Rabat seems issued this for her becoz in the past year, she didn't has any bad record on it..

i dont have full details on it. but also not sure if it's an exceptional case.
or does it mean that if i stay in Morocco for 1 year , and as long as i don't mind going in and out every 3 months, then after 1 year, i can get the certificate and apply for the residency card...

but of course i can settle it with my home police department at the beginning. .that must be much better than waiting for 1 year..

Hi Alyson thanks for the updates please keep us posted as i know few people who has been here a while and i am sure they can get the certificate from Rabat Police Headquarters if its possible and Acceptable. Once again Thanks

You can access the court records in your state by net. You can annex the criminal index. By putting in your name and all other particulars. Then print out the results.

Hi,

Anyone, does your certificate has documentary stamp on it? Mine only had a red ink stamp and a signature.

For the first UK, Criminal Record Check: with all first time applications, regardless of which category, you are now required to provide proof from your Country of origin, that you have no criminal record or convictions. This document used to be known as CRB check or police certificate. It has now been renamed and you apply for this information under a Subject Access Application which can be made at your local police station. We recommend you contact your local police authority which can be done by using the website. There is a fee for each search and your reply can take up to 40 days which you should factor into any application you make.

For renewals, you can apply for a Casier Judiciaire or Fiche Antropométrique which can be obtained from the Ministry of Justice, Place Mamounia, Rabat. You will need a copy of your birth certificate which shows details of both parents names and a copy of your passport

Hello
And  from UK which criminal record for marriage in Morocco ,basic DBS or what? Please help