Entering Singapore as Tourist after IPA is approved

Hi,

I am a Malaysian passport holder where Malaysians can travel to Singapore up to 30 days (as a tourist) without any visa.

I will start work in Singapore in early June and I have received my IPA. However, I am required to travel into Singapore next week (mid May) for a day trip for some business. I plan to travel into Singapore with just the typical entry for Malaysian passport holders (without the IPA).

My question is, can i still travel into Singapore with a Tourist visa and not with the IPA, this way my IPA will not be activated and I can use my IPA once I plan for the official move to Singapore in early June.

Appreciate your advice on your previous encounters.

Thank you

We always advise kindly go through open threads to see if you get answer of your queries. I think you didn't go through. We had similar case recently and we had discussed extensively on that. See below link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=778567

Note: in short, answer is Yes but immigration officer can see that you have already hired and MoM issued IPA.

Thanks a lot. Seems like the IPA sort of independent from any existing Visa. i.e. if you already have a valid existing visa, you may still travel into Singapore without activating your IPA.

Hi.... Just wanted to check if your tourist visa got approved with a existing IPA

ramyavinodh wrote:

Hi.... Just wanted to check if your tourist visa got approved with a existing IPA

He doesn't need a separate tourist visa. All ASEAN countries citizens can travel other ASEAN countries without obtaining a prior visa. On arrival, immigration officer will stamp the embarkation card for 30 days (in most cases) on arrival visa.

Hi! What is the meaning of MOM's regulation that an employee with approved IPA cannot enter Singapore before obtaining security bond? What security bond stands for?

Haven't heard about a security bond is required to travel Singapore.

Rox_anne wrote:

Hi! What is the meaning of MOM's regulation that an employee with approved IPA cannot enter Singapore before obtaining security bond? What security bond stands for?

I don't think such a regulation exists. Where did you find or hear about it?

I got my work permit approved last March 15 and my employer just informed me last March 20 and sent the copy of IPA letter the next day. But I already booked a flight as tourist Visa in Singapore before they updated me regarding my IPA letter. I asked my employer if I can use my IPA letter to enter Singapore instead of visit pass. She said cannot use and can't enter Singapore without obtaining security bond first and my work permit might cancel if the immigration have scan my IPA. I as check to MOM'S website just now, security bond is a form of insurance from a bank which will be process by the employer and every foreign work permit holder must have before entering Singapore.

So I am confused, I asked my employer again if that so, can I just use my visit pass to enter Singapore? She just said she will confirm it to MOM.

It was also disappointing because I waited for my IPA  for 4 weeks already and now was approved but can't use because my employer haven't process the security bond yet.

Thanks for the reply @beppi @skykes

I believe your employer is wrong:
With an IPA in hand, you can certainly enter the country for the purpose of starting to work here. No bond or other things required.
If you just want to enter for a visit (not work), use the tourist visa instead.