No record found via EPonline link - E0000236 : No record found

Hi All,

I am using below link(https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … tAction.do) to view the EP application status using FIN and application date or travel document, consultant email me that EP was applied today.
But I am getting this weird error,

ERROR
E0000236 : No record found.

Can anyone please highlight what could be the issue here ?

Thanks.

That's not your FIN, it might be a system auto generated reference number of your application. FIN should have 7 digits, and at the beginning a letter starts with S, T, F or G where 7 digits are nothing but your documents application number. Good luck

Hi,

ThankYou. I have been able to check the status now.
Can please guide how long on an average it takes to get new EP approval.Consultancy told me it may take 1 week.But if it takes more than 1 week I may have to leave SPR as I am on social visit pass.

I am not sure if I wait here for few more days, or just travel overseas.as I need to renew my passport which is now < 6 months validity.

Thanks.

Nobody knows how many days it will take as each application has its own merit. It may take a week to few months. Good luck

Hi,

update on my situation, need advice.

As my EP was on pending status and my social visit was expiring soon.I travelled overseas to renew my passport on Tatkal mode.It took a few rounds to office to get it done.Now they have issues me a new passport with Post Police Verification**

I have few questions to clarify,
1. MOM has advised to update passport details once EP is approved.So I am waiting for approval.Now If EP gets approved Can I send the scanned copy of this new passport to my company and then they will apply for new IPA ? Or this new passport is still not valid ? how does MOM verify/check.

2. As Police verification takes time,Is it possible to travel on this new passport after getting IPA(incase).can't I fly on this passport with IPA ?

3. Who should I email about these things MOM/IPA ?

Thanks.

1. No need to wait till your EP gets approved, you can send your passport photo copy to your employer who then submit to MoM. Always remember, once your new passport issued, your old passport is no longer valid.
2. Already answered in point 1.
3. Are you referring MoM/ICA? You no need to reach out MoM directly, your employer had applied your application so they should communicate with MoM.

Note: Avoid renewing your passport at the last moment, always renew near to 6months of expiry.

Good luck

Hi,

Below is the reply from MOM/ICA, When I had enquired about the situation to them 2 weeks back.

"If you receive your new passport when your application is pending, you may wait for the outcome of the EP application. If the EP application is approved, your employer will need to update your new passport details with us via EP Online (http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/ep-online) under the 'Change Particulars > Travel Document Details > Edit' function.
Once the update is complete, your employer may send the new IPA indicating your new passport details to you. You will need to use this new IPA to enter Singapore."

So that means it is ok to wait un till EP gets approved.

I have renewed my passport as it was left with 4 months validity,Yes right I did a mistake of waiting till this moment.I should have had done it prior.

Are you referring MoM/ICA? You no need to reach out MoM directly, your employer had applied your application so they should communicate with MoM.

So regarding this I will email to employer once EP is approved.

Also,One of my query is still unanswered.Is passport issues under Tatkal scheme with post police verification can be sent to employer ? the PV is initiated but not sure how long it takes to get clear, generally 3 weeks.I am not sure about this part.If anyone can clarify would be great.Thanks.

I have answered your query already that once your new passport is issued then old passport is no longer valid. Police verification and all these formalities are nothing to do with your employer, neither it has any value to them. Your new passport should be used going forward.
Correct, you may wait till your EP gets approved. Once it got approval, you may send scan copy of your Passport to your employer and they will do the needful. Don't worry about much, updating new passport into the system is not a big thing and can be done post approval. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

I have answered your query already that once your new passport is issued then old passport is no longer valid. Police verification and all these formalities are nothing to do with your employer, neither it has any value to them. Your new passport should be used going forward.
Correct, you may wait till your EP gets approved. Once it got approval, you may send scan copy of your Passport to your employer and they will do the needful. Don't worry about much, updating new passport into the system is not a big thing and can be done post approval. Good luck

ThankYou,I will wait and update it upon getting approval.Also,Going by normal trends how long it takes to update new passport details and get new IPA issues based on new passport, asking so as to plan itinerary just incase.

"Police verification and all these formalities are nothing to do with your employer" ,I understand that employer does not care about PV,But what about MOM/ICA.

Why MoM will bother about police verification pending in India? First of all how would they know what's pending after issued passport? It's local government responsibility to verify your details before issuing the passport (understand in emergency case, they issue passport early then verify later). Here, they don't know about the pending police verification and all.

Your employer should able to update on same day after receiving new passport copy from you. IPA letter should be issued in next 5 working days after updated online by your employer. Always wait till IPA letter (normally it has 1 month validity to use) in hand then you make your travelling plan (or else book tickets which can be changed without paying any penalty or fees except the price difference, if you are willing to pay difference amount).

surya2k wrote:

Why MoM will bother about police verification pending in India? First of all how would they know what's pending after issued passport? It's local government responsibility to verify your details before issuing the passport (understand in emergency case, they issue passport early then verify later). Here, they don't know about the pending police verification and all.

Your employer should able to update on same day after receiving new passport copy from you. IPA letter should be issued in next 5 working days after updated online by your employer. Always wait till IPA letter (normally it has 1 month validity to use) in hand then you make your travelling plan (or else book tickets which can be changed without paying any penalty or fees except the price difference, if you are willing to pay difference amount).

Thanks for clarification on this.
I believe verification is only required when I plan to leave from India to overseas.immigration may check if verification is clear or else, if I am not wrong.Noted the advice on booking.

Emergency passport only issues if you need to travel overseas due to an urgent requirement (job related, treatment or to attend an international conference, passport renewal etc). After passport issued, police immediate verify on the candidate's record. It doesn't take much time to verify them, by now they might have done your verification. Your case is the easiest one, as they have all your record including travelling overseas, if any (as you are holding an existing passport). Immigration officer must have your travel details and they only stop you to travel if there is an immediate police finding or court order against you. Or else you shouldn't be stopped. In similar way, Zakir Naik, Vijay Mallya and Lalit Modi left India cause there was no gags order against them at the time of leaving the country (neither from court nor from police).

surya2k wrote:

Emergency passport only issues if you need to travel overseas due to an urgent requirement (job related, treatment or to attend an international conference, passport renewal etc). After passport issued, police immediate verify on the candidate's record. It doesn't take much time to verify them, by now they might have done your verification. Your case is the easiest one, as they have all your record including travelling overseas, if any (as you are holidibg an existing passport). Immigration officer must have your travel details and they only stop you to travel if there is an immediate police finding or court order against you. Or else you shouldn't be stopped. In similar way, Zakir Naik, Vijay Mallya and Lalit Modi left India cause there was no gags order against them at the time of leaving the country (neither from court nor from police).

I have got sms that police verification officer will come at my place to verify within 10 days.PV is not as fast as it should be,Thanks.