Govt Schools in Mauritius

Hi Friends,
I need your help on information regarding Govt schools...
I am coming to Island with family in Feb 2018 for Metro Express Project.
I have 2 kids in the age of 2 1/2 and 5 yrs. Need to transfer their school also.
Self gone through the Pvt school details...its too costly affair.
Can I get admission in govt primary schools in island? Any restriction for non citizens ?
What will be fee structure for primary schools?
What is the admission time for them?
Here in India schools academic close in March and Next starts in June...
Is it same there?

Govt ( Primary and secondary) schools are free.
School year starts in January and ends in November/December .
Nursery and Pre-Primary schools and Kindergarden ( for > 3 y.o)  are not free IIRC

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Mauritius

Have a look at the quality of education though.

There's a massive difference between 'free' & 'costly' - but this difference has an even more massive impact on the quality of education. With government doing reforms almost every year in Govt school curriculum, and not finding the right balance so far.... it might cost your child his stability (amplifiing the change to a new country / social environment)

Tnx for information... As I am looking for primary and  pre primary the environment is important. They need to like the school... If government primary schools gives such environment it is OK...

Dear Friends,

In which part of the island are you going to stay.  Am just asking so that we can propose you something for the school for both.

Rgds,
Shirley

Hi,
Regarding location in island still not decided. My office in port Louis. looking for stand which is residential, safe, economic livable area. Quatre Bornes, Curepipe,Vacoas may be suitable...Can we get  SVR Govt School? What the fee structure is there for primary school fee?
please suggest anything better then these also. Open to listen