Marital Status Certificate

Hi,

I wish to know how to get the marital status certificate from ROM online? Need it in preparation for my marriage next year.

Thank you.

I don't think you can get a marital status certificate from ROM as a foreigner - unless you married in Singapore (so they have the record).
I suggest you contact the relevant authorities in your home country and request the certificate from there.

Firstly, I am not a foreigner.
And by marital status certificate is a proof to show that I've no marriage records in my country (not marriage certificate...) my bf and I plan to get married in other country and we need to get proofs of our status before we can officially get married.

You are not a foreigner, which means you are a Singaporean! If yes, then are you getting married in your bf's country or another country? Where you may get marry, you should visit below website:

www.rom.gov.sg or you my use eKisok service at ROM. Check their website or contact the officer on how to get a letter that you are single. If they ask visit office and meet the officer personally, then do so. Good luck and happy married life in advance.

One more potentially useful hint:
If a foreign authority demands a document from you that Singapore does not officially issue, write it yourself and get a Justice of Peace (JoP) to stamp and sign it!
JoP are basically volunteer marriage solemnizers, but the title implies far more and such documents are usually accepted abroad (in my experience). Some JoP are more open for this than others, so ask around - and a small gift for their voluntary work is certainly appreciated.

surya2k wrote:

You are not a foreigner, which means you are a Singaporean! If yes, then are you getting married in your bf's country or another country? Where you may get marry, you should visit below website:

www.rom.gov.sg or you my use eKisok service at ROM. Check their website or contact the officer on how to get a letter that you are single. If they ask visit office and meet the officer personally, then do so. Good luck and happy married life in advance.

Yes I am Singaporean. Well, it's much more complicated in both our countries so yeah.

And yeah I was wondering if the marital status certificate is the one under 'Search for Marriage Records' and then request for the cert.. hmm..

beppi wrote:

One more potentially useful hint:
If a foreign authority demands a document from you that Singapore does not officially issue, write it yourself and get a Justice of Peace (JoP) to stamp and sign it!
JoP are basically volunteer marriage solemnizers, but the title implies far more and such documents are usually accepted abroad (in my experience). Some JoP are more open for this than others, so ask around - and a small gift for their voluntary work is certainly appreciated.

And thanks that's useful, will keep it in mind.

So far we were only asked for marital status certificate :)