Convert from student pass to valid working pass

Hi all,

My situation:

I am from Indonesia. Currently, I am holding student pass and studying as a full time student for a master degee at a local university in Singapore. My school offers student to change from full time study to part time study. If I receive a job offer from the company, can I convert from student pass to some valid working pass providing that I will then study part time and working full time.

Thank you.

Once you find a job, the employer will apply for your work visa (EP or S-Pass). Once that is approved, the student pass will be automatically cancelled. You can then continue your studies part-time besides working full time.

@beppi

Hi, i am kumar jitender. Cruntrly i am on student pass and i got 1 best job opportunity. Do i need to cancel my student  pass or live the country before applying  EP.

I am so confused. Because  if EP didn't approved, i dont want to lose my student pass. So do i need to cancel  before or can apply now.

Thank u

@Jituk6162 You resurrected a thread that was dormant for seven years!

If I understand you corectly, you want to abandon your studies in order to start a job. That is generally not a good idea and both employer and MoM will rate it negatively. Better wait until you have completed your studies and then start work! (In that case, the student pass ends automatically.)