2 Year Ban Rule and On arrival visa

Hi all

I have 1 query.if a person has worked in oman and completed the contract and he had to leave that company after getting notice from that company due to cost cutting measures, can he renter Oman by on arrival visa as a GCC resident of another country before completing 2 years after that exit?

I am not clear if 2 year ban is only for employment visa or any kind visa as I know people who left after July 2014 and coming Oman on such visas.

Hello Jdsoni,

Welcome to https://www.expat.com. :)

You can go through the Information on visas in Muscat section and have a look at the different discussions available on the particular subject.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Hi Jdsoni,

You can come back to the Sultanate if you carry a valid GCC Resident Card.

If you do not have one, you would need your last employer's NOC, without which you cannot come on any other type of visa, including an Investor Visa. Well, that's what the rule says. But there are many instances where this rule has either been bent or in some cases even broken.

You can enter Oman on any GCC visa. The NOC rule is applicable to employment visas only.

But embassy refused to give tourist visa saying ROP immigration rejected the application.

Jdsoni wrote:

But embassy refused to give tourist visa saying ROP immigration rejected the application.

Hi Jdsoni,

Upon cancelling an employment visa and to be able to return to Oman within the completion of 2 years from the date of exit - without an NOC - the person must have a valid residence status from any of the other GCC countries.

Ok..I will try using on arrival visa option.I hope I can get visa before 6 months of getting new gcc resident visa

I also came in oman as short work visa (4months) and i am going to leave. Anyone knows about visa banned information about short work.

Further to above, I travelled to Oman on various occasions either through on arrival visa or also through evisa on certain recent trips. However recently when I applied evisa they are asking for NOC from previous employer. Interestingly I am completing 2 year of period since I exited Oman after cancelling my employment visa and same I mentioned in the reply to evisa team on their NOC request but surprisingly they just replied' they need NOC'. Please share your views on this.Should I try going just like that and get on arrival visa without worrying on online visa application? Why they must be asking for NOC when 2 years are about to be complete(in 6 days)?

Hi Jdsoni,

The Ministry of Manpower (MoM) law states that the two years is calculated from the date of departure. And the expatriate is good to return, if there is an employment visa ready from a new sponsor / employer. Am not quite sure what is the take on that person's 'visa-on-arrival' option, though.

Trying to argue your case with the MoM officials would not be a very wise thing to do. Unfortunately, you have to see how best you can get your job done without creating any issues. By demanding that your case is considered would not result in anything positive for you.

So, if you are planning to return to Oman, do you have a job in hand ? Are you going back on an employment visa ? If you are an Indian, holding an Indian passport, you would not be eligible for getting a 'visa-on-arrival'. However, since you are saying that you have got one prior, then you must be carrying a passport which will fetch you a visa-on-arrival.

If your evisa application papers have been submitted online for evisa, then your details would already be in the immigration systems. So even if you were to land in Muscat, your records would show up. Be aware of that.