Mature Englishman relocating to Krakow this summer

Hi all!
My name is Richard and I am going to be taking a TEFL Course here in London soon with a view of permanently moving to Krakow,Poland.I have a Polish fiance and we are so excited about moving and forging a new and challenging life for ourselves.I wish to teach English when I get there,at first on a Conversational level.However,I intend to further my knowledge and attain CELTA qualifications in due course.Therefore,I would be grateful for any advice,experiences etc from anyone who has followed the same path,or indeed wishes to like me!
Many thanks for taking the time to read this,I hope to be able to build new friendships here soon!

Richard Wright

Welcome on Expat.com Richard Wright ;)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Krakow forum for effective networking. This might help you in obtaining more responses/experiences/advices from members there!

Regards & wish you a nice day

Hi
I was informed by e-mail that I had a reply from a member but I cannot trace this post!!
Please help!!

Many thanks

Hi englishmaninkrakow, :)

Maybe the post has been deleted due to spam reason.

(Do you know the username of this member?)

ps: you can reply by sending me a private message. Thank you.

Hi Richard,
Good choice of City. I lived in Warsaw with my Polish wife for 10 years, teaching English before relocating to Cracow. My advice to you is to dedicate yourself to learning Polish as early as possible otherwise you can easily fall into a rut. It makes a great impression upon people. The other thing is to live centrally so you are in the thick of urban life and not stuck in a new development far away from the centre. If you need any help in this regard, please let me know. 

I know a lot of English teachers and the best strategy long term is to find some private one-on-one clients in firms and work towards establishing your own business. Working in a school is a very good start and a good way to make friends but your earning potential will peak quite quickly. Try advertising private lessons in the English-language Massolit bookshop and on some forums.

Good luck!
Graeme