Fine for overstaying

My  cousin' visa got expired  and he has got a new offer but previous company did not cancel his visa .Now its two months since hus visa got expired. Now he wants to go back to india.what will be the fine he has to pay in airport for overstaying???

from my experience of my friends you have to pay 50BD per month that you are overstayed.
This is based on the normal cost of 25BD per two weeks for extending your visa or a new arrival visa.

However I have read news recently that the Visa cost for Indian nationals will be decreasing, so not sure whether the fine will decrease or not also.

but to be safe expect a minimum of 50BD

Hi,

What steviehouse was referring to was about Visit visa, your case relates to Resident permit/work visa. LMRA allows you to overstay for a period of one month (grace period) anything more than that you may be subject paying a hefty fine and according to the law it is illegal. I would recommend you call LMRA, explain them the situation and get help from them even before booking the ticket to fly out.

T&R

Hi

I am currently living here in Bahrain for almost a year now and recently resigned from my work with 2years contract. My visa will expire this July 21, so I was wondering if I need to have an exit visa or something to exit Bahrain back to my home country.  Because my last day at work would be on July 21 also.  And I probably will have to buy a plane ticket dated a week after my visa expires. Help. I dont know if that will cost me or be considered as overstaying. Im so confused

After cancellation of visa, you have 30 days grace period to leave.

Yes.  But what if my employer doesnt cancel my visa before it expires?  Will it be automatically be cancelled if it expires?

Doesn't matter.  If it expires, you still have 30 days grace period to leave.

Really?  That's a relief.  Thank you for responding.  I was really worried because I cannot call lmra cause they are close.  And I just found out about this just today.

Yes really.

If you are worried, call them on Sunday. You still have time till 21st. They will tell you the same thing. Its on their site as well :)

Yes.  Thank you so much sir.

hello good day sir. my visa have been cancel an my one month is getting finish can I still stay after one month. an after one month if I have a job can my new employer apply for a new visa?

You should exit the country before your grace period expires, if your over stay you will be treated as an illegal and it may affect your future prospects in Bahrain

please admin help me with this. my first employer terminated my contract. so I use my grace period to have another job. the new employer applied an application was ready for payment for one month then cancelled bcus of no pay. I as my employer he told me cr has been block bcus of some issue by lmra an he is trying to solve this problem since 1 week. so my grace period is finish an new application canceled. he tells me to wait an he is with my passport since 1 week.

should I wait or any issue? admin help me out

should I wait or any issue? admin help me out

1) Do not do multiple posts.  We understand that you are anxious but every one who posts here to help people does so on his or her own times - we are not paid by the site.  We have full time jobs and lives
2) Yes, your employer is right.  If his CR is blocked, then that automatically puts a block on new visa issuance and transfers

The choice to wait is up to you.  If it resolves soon, then the employer can pay the overstay fines and get you the visa.  If it takes long, then more fines and other problems.

@XTang
Sir, if my 1 month grace period is going to over. how many days before i need to request lmra for another 1 month grace period, what are the procedure, is it easy or tough, please let me know, and do lmra charge any fees for the same?
Just contact LMRA before expiry and they will tell you.

Hi Good morning sir i wants to ask you that i am almost 6 years work in bahrain as work visa butt now almost my i dont have visa my company cancel my visa i waa wondering for job butt unfotunately i did not got butt now i wants to go back in urgent so i wants to know that for 8 montgs there will be overstaying fine ??and i have already grace period plz sir guide me plz

Hi Good morning sir i wants to ask you that i am almost 6 years work in bahrain as work visa butt now almost my i dont have visa my company cancel my visa i waa wondering for job butt unfotunately i did not got butt now i wants to go back in urgent so i wants to know that for 8 montgs there will be overstaying fine ??and i have already grace period plz sir guide me plz

- @Tahira Gulshan

Dear,

If you have the grace period, You can exit Bahrain without any fines or any other issues. Please make sure that the grace period is not expired.

@XTang @XTang bro i am on visit visa my visit visa date expire before 5days i want to go back to India.. How much fine i have to pay

Check with npra.