Visa cancellation

Hi

I resigned from a company in Bahrain who did not pay my salaries for more than 4 months and hence  I was looking for a change of Job.  I got an offer for less than half the salary in a small firm and they transferred my visa as well.  before joining the firm,  I  learnt from the industry that they are not so good don't pay salaries in time and forcing employees to work beyond the allowed working hours etc. Hence I decided not to take up this job and to leave the country instead of struggling again. I submitted my resignation through email and in hand in July 2018  and requested them to cancel my visa. They did not accept my resignation and also refused to cancel my visa. Later I sent my resignation through registered letter and got the pink copy of the acknowledgement and even after there was no any response from the firm to neither accept my resignation or cancel the visa. However i left the country in Mid July and went back to India. I see my visa still not cancelled and shows valid as of now in LMRA Portal. Maybe the employer purposely not cancelled my visa so that I cannot come back again.

Will I have any legal issue like absconding or run away case? I have all the correspondence of my resignation by email, regd post etc. Can anyone suggest If I can enter the country and take up another job or will there be any ban for me to travel to Bahrain?

I did advise you when you were going through this to approach LMRA.  That way you could have requested for cancellation of the visa or at the very least, documented with LMRA and MOL that you have left through proper resignation.

If your employer intentionally did not cancel the visa, they could be in a position to file a runaway case against you.  If that happens, then it is a problem.  The pink slip of resignation is primarily used to apply for a transfer without consent.  However, in other cases, where you are not transferring, it can be used as evidence to show LMRA that you have resigned on a specific date.  But you haven't done that.

While the visa is valid and there is no absconding case, you can enter Bahrain and look for another job.  But you cannot work until you transfer the visa to the new employer or the old employer cancels visa allowing new employer to sponsor you for one.  With the refusal of your old employer to do any such thing, you will have to follow the same path as I have listed above and told you before.   It would have been easier to do while you were in Bahrain.

Hi

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I did approach LMRA before I left Bahrain and they informed me that they cannot help in cancelling the visa but I have to sort out between the Employer. First I went to Labour ministry and they referred me to go to LMRA. But LMRA could not help me.

Secondly I may not return to Bahrain immediately and I will take up an assignment in other GCC countries. Will there be any issue because of my visa not cancelled as on date.

Would appreciate if you can give some advise on this.

As of today, no issue in other gcc countries. Some like uae or Saudi may make an issue about another valid work permit of a gcc country. Not always but sometime they do. In the future, they have plans to share data of labor bans like they do for criminal cases to prevent people from skipping between countries.

Hi

I had worked in Bahrain for about one and half years and resigned from that  company due to non payment of salaries in time . However I got an offer from another company and  visa was stamped and before I joined the company,  I realized that the company is not good in treating the people and don't pay salaries also in time. Hence I resigned even before joining the company and the owner did not accept my resignation through mails and personal meeting. I sent a resignation through Bahrain post and collected pink copy after sending three email reminders. Later I left the country in July 18. Until last week my visa was active and was not canceled. Recently I noticed that my visa got canceled because I am getting a message that "the record does not exist" when I checked  my visa status. Can I assume that my visa got canceled?
Now I am working in Dubai and would like to visit Bahrain for a weekend  and how can I check if can travel to Bahrain and return?

Kindly clarify.

No it should show employment visa not valid.  Before visiting Bahrain, make sure your employer hasn't reported you as absconding.  If you are working in Dubai and have a work permit there, you will get visa on arrival in Bahrain - you don't need Bahrain visa.

Hi

Thank you so much for your quick response. Until last week the LMRA site was showing my visa details but when I checked last week it says" The Record does not Exist". Can you please explain what is  the interpretation of these words. Moreover how can check if the employer has given any absconding case against me ?
And  if so how to fight for this? I have resigned and sent a mail and two  reminders, one personal visit and finally sent through Bahrain post my resignation letter and received back  the pink copy as a proof of my resignation. But absolutely there was no any response from the employer whatsoever and hence I left the country. Please advise.

Hi

Thank you so much for your quick response. Until last week the LMRA site was showing my visa details but when I checked last week it says" The Record does not Exist". Can you please explain what is  the interpretation of these words. Moreover how can check if the employer has given any absconding case against me ?
And  if so how to fight for this? I have resigned and sent a mail and two  reminders, one personal visit and finally sent through Bahrain post my resignation letter and received back  the pink copy as a proof of my resignation. But absolutely there was no any response from the employer whatsoever and hence I left the country. Please advise.

It means exactly what it says. But usually this soon, it should show employment visa not valid and not record not existing.

You need to check the case with lmra by calling them. To fight it, you have to provide proof to lmra of all you said.

My work permit has been expired, I told my sponsor not to apply for my visa. My sponsor has applied for my second visa without my permission, our visa is showing in progress. I have got a second job, can I cancel my visa?

Please give me tips brother..

You can't do anything.  Only sponsor or LMRA can.  You should have filed an intent to transfer if you didn't want them to renew your visa.

@XTang

Hi can i ask? Myvisa cancelled , can i have 1 month staying here in bahrain? If i go out, can i possibly caught by the authority?

If your caught after the 1 month grace date then yes there will be issues not before.

Hi

I am a doctor who resigned from a medical center in Bahrain  and joined another after enter  into contract 3 years back.As the center had cr issues and gosi issues in bahrain,they could  provide me work visa..I was working there for 5 months after which they got me visa after paying extension of visa cancellat  fee in LMRA.Am I liable in court

Is there a question here?

Yes

Your question was not clear, can you elaborate?

I  joined a medical center in bahrain after sign  contract.As the center had cr and gosi issues,they were not able to process my  work visa, but was giving salary.They could get me visa only after 5 months.The HR said that they had paid for extension of visa cancellation fee  for the interim period.I  i  resigned  from the center after 1 year as salary was pending.When I filed a case against the center for my pending salary,the court has asked for interrogation of the plaintiff for those 5 months if work permit was issued or not.Am I liable in court or the employer ?

Hello,

Me and my husband came to Bahrain on December by a sponcer visit visa for 3 months

He got a job on January,but I didn't get one.I found a sponcer who can give me a work visa.He applied me a work visa all these past 5 days it was processing I could check it because he gave me the application number.But yesterday it was titled expired employment visa.What is meaning of this ?

What can I do now?I don't have much time to find a job?

I wanted to stay with husband,he also couldn't get a dependent for me.What can I do now?

Keep coming back on visit visas is all you can do if you can't get dependent or work visas.