Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H)

Just a normal medical check up in any licensed clinic will do.

linda_a wrote:

Hello Everybody

I have some questions about the Medical Report.
Are all doctors authorized to conduct the Medical Examination or do they have selected few clinics?
(If so, what clinic did you go to?)
What is the routine procedure done for Medical Examination?
Is it just physical checkup? or does it involve blood test, urine test and also X-Ray?
How much time does it take ?
How much does it cost?

Please tell me about your experience.

Any reply is greatly appreciated.

Medical Report for MM2H application is just a very basic check up which not required X-ray.
Any clinic can do the report for you.

Re: the MM2H-Visa" "It is open to citizens of all countries recognized by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age.

If you were a financially "well-strapped" African-American, fully-vetted, retired married couple, seeking that same Malaysian Visa status, then you'd have a totally different perspective, regarding the social "ease" of purchasing an environmentally street-safe, racially-unbiased, non-complicated expat life in "Friendly" Malaysia.  :whistle:

Is that your personal experience of MM2H and living in Malaysia?

Absolutely. Two years of alternating between KL, Johor, Seremban, Sabah, Brunei, Sarawak and Penang.

Our primarily opinion is based upon objective observations of how Malaysian society (the Tamils, in particular) collectively mistreats African students. My secondary opinion is based upon my observations of how Malaysian (multi-ethnic) nationals interact w/ each other. 

And, that previous "One_Malaysia" social theme, starting back in 2008, has been a dismal failure, and that's the opinion of many Malaysians, themselves.:whistle: 

Now, is that enough "Friendly Malaysia" exposure to qualify our considered opinions, to not "invest" in that misnomer called the MM2H program? Thank you, for the opportunity, Malaysia, but no thanks. We've met friendlier people in religiously rigid Saudi Arabia.

Any westerner, taking time for due diligence research, yet fails to see beyond the "Smoke_&_Mirrors" facade, is clearly living an expat_life, akin to the "1950s_American_Dream_World" notion of colonial Malaya. 

Malaysia is not a "happy_camper" of a country. Thus, we chose to maintain considerable distance from it, :cheers:

Yes I think you are right in most of what you say.

However, Malaysia is an easy place to live, not too expensive, English speaking, most things are available to buy, great food and good infrastructure.

MM2H is definitely suitable to many people, perhaps not to Africans, but definitely to many. It just depends on what you want to get out of living in Malaysia. Personally I have many "good and genuine" friends there. But I think they are the exception.

I no longer live in Malaysia, because there are many other nicer and more exciting places to live in Asia. I was very glad to leave and cancelled my own MM2H because no matter what happens in the future I would not want to live there again.

kRUBEN wrote:

Any westerner, taking time for due diligence research, yet fails to see beyond the "Smoke_&_Mirrors" facade, is clearly living an expat_life, akin to the "1950s_American_Dream_World" notion of colonial Malaya. 

Malaysia is not a "happy_camper" of a country. Thus, we chose to maintain considerable distance from it, :cheers:

I have to totally disagree with your post, but mostly the bits I quote.
I've spent some while in Malaysia, finding a lot more than smoke and mirrors. The vast majority of people there were very friendly (some because they wanted to get into your wallet), but mostly because the 'national attitude' is a nice one, meaning people tend to offer a genuine welcome to strangers. I did have some issues with the various Indian communities, but that was some of the people, not all of them. The vast majority were nice.

I spent time with all three major ethnic groups and that experience tells me Malaysia is a fine country ideal for any backpacker's first trip into Asia, but also for a westerner's long term expat life either as a worker or a retiree.
I can't comment on life for non westerner expats as I have no experience.

That's an interesting veiwpoint Fred.

But what type of Visa and Work Permit were you holding and how many years were you living in Malaysia? I only ask because many long time permanent residents of Malaysia rarely share your opinion. Did you stay in Malaysia for for one or two months under a tourist visa? You wouldn't be able to really understand a country unless you lived here long term.

"I can't comment on life for non westerner expats as I have no experience." Indeed, :top:

However, there is a specific group of West Africans, of whom have definitely contributed greatly (via their uncouth behavior) to fueling the general "Niger_river_Phobia" prevailing in Malaysia. And, we, ourselves,  have both observed, and experienced that behavior pattern, first-hand. So, the prevailing "African_attitude" is not without some measure of merit, to support it.

However, again, what we question is the true "intent" of the Malaysian Immigration authorities, by allowing such "publicly_considered_undesirable" aliens to remain in their country (for many years), yet they (the Black Africans) cannot even remotely qualify, as acceptable MM2H candidates, to begin with? 

Obviously, there is an under-handed political agenda, at play, within the Malaysian government. In addition to the symbolic similarities of national flag (for some unfathomable Malay Muslim reason), with the U.S. flag, there also seems to be sharp tactical similarities, in maintaining the colonially established social structures of Malaya, by whatever means required.

The over-all Malaysian (Muslim dominated) social environment, (e.g., on the streets of KL) is simply a much less expensive (daily_living_costs) alternative, to those costs of living under the exact same, subtly repressive governmental regimes, now akin to both the UK and the US.

The governmental "dirt" is deftly swept under the rugs, and the (monthly_salary_guaranteed) to the (predominately indigenous Malay populated) bureaucracy, is paid to protect that system of "things".

"What A Wonderful World" song, from 1984. Sigh! Again, re: the arbitrarily administrated MM2H program, no thank you! Done! :whistle:

So you are saying that black Africans have a hard time living in Malaysia?

It seems this isn't really about the MM2H program, but more about your own ethnicity which made your time in Malaysia unpleasant. And I think you are right that some Nigerians and their scams do you no favours.

Mr. Khalil, sir!

My last post stated that I was "done" with the topic. Curiously, you have chosen to "milk" the issue, with me, for all you can get, eh. Ok! I'm game. I'll play. Here goes.***

Abram Lincoln, 16th. President of The United States of America, coined the adage ~ "You can fool some of the people, ALL of the time; you can even fool ALL of the people, some of the time; but you can never fool ALL of the people, ALL of the time".

My previous reply comments were very much "on topic", and definitely relevant to the topic issue thread. ***

FYI ~I am not African-American, but just a real U.S. citizen, with a keen sense of American solidarity. It is your mistaken assumption, that only a black-skinned "human_being" can empathize with a deplorable social condition, that victimizes black people. Indeed, it is a severe social "condition" within a so-called civilized, First World infrastructured society, known to the world as The Federated Monarchy of Malaya (a.k.a. - Malaysia).

FACT: The Malaysian government specifically targets, then institutionally persecutes, innocent, naive, and defenseless black African "children", whom are far away from their native homelands. Video recorded "real-time" incidents, taken and anonymously posted by "human-being" member representatives of all three Malaysian ethnicities, do not tell lies.

We really feel sorry for those poor African kids. Most of whom were smoothly duped by Malaysian "con artists", into believing they'd have a chance to build a new life for themselves, and subsequently for their families, in Malaysia. We have personally seen several of those Malaysian "solicitation" pamphlets, distributed throughout the Central, and West African regions, inviting naive African kids to Malaysia.

Those poor kids, and their parents were led to believe that they'd have the opportunities for gainful employment, and to get a University level education, in "Friendly_Malaysia". 

Indeed, those phoney, bogus office building located, (unlicensed) "University Colleges", that proliferate the KL, Seremban & Johol vicinities, are a sham, and a  the shame of Malaysian educational system.

The "Malaysia, My Second Home" scheme, is directly related to the foregoing. However, it is a total misnomer of a program. The Malaysian government should spend more time developing a sense of dignified responsibility, accountability and shame, for some of the despicable "fishnet" money-grabbing_scams, perpetrated by Malaysian citizens, in other countries. The Nigerian "Black_Money" scams of 15-years ago pale, by comparison to what many Malaysians, from all three ethnic groups, have done to dishonor, and tarnish the image of Malaysia.

Granted, there are a few bad apples in every bushel, from ever culture. However, the vast majority of those African students (many of whom are also Muslims), are just depressed, scared, and lonely kids, who are desperately attempting to survive, in a hostile country (Malaysia) that doesn't even have the human decency to simply deport them (as undesirable genetic-types), back to their native homelands.

Malaysia really needs to get itself "unconstipated", for a welcomed change. Malaysia, same as the U.S.A., has a considerable amount of "filthy-deeds" swept under the carpet. There are many "white-folks" who see Malaysia quite clearly, and chose not to perpetuate the sham, by financially participating in the MM2H scheme.

If anyone does not like the MM2H program or does not like the politics in Malaysia then I suggest they find some other place where they agree with that country's politics.

Other countries in Asia like the Philippines, Thailand, China, Singapore, Indonesia etc all have very controversial policies too, and some of them get accused of racism. Perhaps you are not meant to live in Asia.

Perhaps a few posts here are getting too hot for the norms of this forum.
That in mind, could posters cool a little please.

Great replies Hanson which really informative. Appreciate it. Thank you.

Ok, thanks Fred. :cheers:

Despite my U.S. citizenship, I am a Global citizen, first, last and always, with an abiding respect for all living creatures, including the Malaysians :)

Your typical penchant for deflective deference (again) is noted. However, The Philippines, Thailand, China, Singapore, Indonesia etc. are not relevant integers, to the MM2H topic thread equation. 

Regardless of skin-color, cultural roots, nationality, or religious beliefs, .........etc.; the universal standards of ethical behavior are globally well-known, even to remote, "uncivilized" Rain Forest people.

Thus, possessing the senses of "accountability, responsibility and remorseful shame" for one's past, present, and premeditated future misdeeds, are "thoughtful" virtues, incorporated into personal character traits by intelligent people, prior to reaching the adolescent stage of human development.

A Salam Alaikum :cheers:

The MM2H program (and Malaysia as a place to retire to or live in) is not suitable for all as you have indicated, and I respect your views, after all, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Post #47 proves that Malaysia is indeed a nice place. I too like this country and I am sure thousands more also like it. Malaysia has wonderful food, friendly people and some of the best shopping in the world. It is also a muslim majority country and easy to adapt to for people like myself.

May I ask in which country do you now live? Is it the perfect country where you have no complaints?

I always feel that no matter where we decide to live, we should accept the good with the bad, and not grumble and moan excessively, especially if we are visitors in that country. The alternative is to move back to the country where we are from. Many of us are not content to live back home and we seek other places where we can find happiness in our lives. Which country have you found your happiness?

What?

Abdul, when you left did u have any problems withdrawing your deposit?
And where did you choose "next" and I say that because a lot of us are similar and move regularly, I've lived in 7 countries so far, I get "itchy feet". So tell me where you chose and I'll take a short holiday there 😁

Nice balanced post Fred. I have to agree.

Fred, I whole-heartily accept your adverse position regarding my opinion. I am happy to read that your Malaysia experience has been mostly positive. Our over-all experience in Malaysia has been mostly the same, superficialities withstanding. Welcome to SE Asia, eh?

Indeed, there are many fine people in Malaysia, as with any other country. My seemingly passionate position re: the MM2H scheme, is based mostly upon our "objective" observations of events experienced by a (more that adequately qualified) African_American couple, that previously made application to the MM2H program, back in 2008.

We became totally turned-off about any retirement prospects in Malaysia, primarily due to the "observed"blatant institutional racism prevalent within the MM2H Center @ Putrajaya.

The veiled hostility of Muslim Malay government staff personnel, "knit-pickingly" displayed towards black-skinned applicants, was distinctly contrasted by the readily accommodating, warm and "Friendly_Malaysia" reception, accorded to white-skinned applicants, instead. The experience was akin to dealing with a person afflicted, with a multiple personality disorder. It was an absolute mind-boggling, wake-up-call, re: the flip-side of the Ringgit coin.

Granted, I am not a qualified Psychologist, however my tertiary education in that regard, together with 40-years of International business Mgmt experience, while working with a multitude of colleagues, hailing from a host different cultural backgrounds, certainly qualifies me to recognize a "schizophenic" behavior pattern, whenever I (objectively) observe it.

There are no "Smoke_&_Mirrors" facades displayed to the black foreigners. Blacks get to see the real faces of Malaysian (Asian) society. And, indeed, it's the ethnic Chinese of Malaysia, who (actually) maintain the most positive social spirit toward Africans, as per our observations, there.

Indeed, were it not for our direct personal relationships, with several black people, who've actually experienced the flip-side "Friendly Malaysia" way of life, then we'd have been blindly trekking along that primrose path, of the Malaysia_My_Second_Home scheme.  We do thank God, for small favors. Halleluhah.

:whistle:

Pardon my mistake Kahlil. My English Composition writing skills are apparently flawed, especially when other NES posters haven't the remotest clue, of what I attempted to convey, in plain English. :whistle: 

I also apologize for not having clearly stately my own ethnicity in post #45, misleading you to believe that we are African_Americans, when not. However, I do maintain close ties with former colleagues, of the Afro-American ethnicity base,

I also, apparently misjudged you, for being a troll baiting reply poster. My apologies for that, as well.

However, my opinion stands firm, regarding my view of the MM2H scheme.

Anyway, Kahlil, enjoy your stay in Malaysia, and best regards. Again, A Salam Alaikum, Ciao!

So actually you are just talking because, " You have a friend who.." blah blah blah.
Well I can tell you first hand that it is not a breeze to get an MM2 visa. In fact as a European ex pat I can tell you it was easier for me to get a USA Green Card and I thought that was hard.
As I've said on here before, they kept changing the criteria. First I was told last 3 months bank account statements to show income was fine.  Then after that I was told, "getting tougher because a lot of scammers getting in on the MM2 with borrowed money or syndicated money, show 12 months."  I showed 5 years of statements!
Guess what? Hmm, getting tougher, we need to see leases covering your investment income".
Did that.
Next, hmm, how do we know you own all these properties? We need to see the deeds to the properties.." etc. etc. You just got to suck it up. This is how Asia works.
So don't come on here saying black people can't get to be President, women can't get to be Prime Ministers or disabled people can't be rocket scientists.  I'm glad you didn't stay in Malaysia but as you also slagged off the US and the UK I can't guess in which blessed haven you've settled in but I hope you're happy there. I'm just wondering why you're on this Malaysian forum at all.

I am always polite and respectful to any immigration officers. It would be bad if I were to talk down to them or speak arrogantly to them. So far I didn't have any problems.

MANXMONKEY wrote:

Abdul, when you left did u have any problems withdrawing your deposit?
And where did you choose "next" and I say that because a lot of us are similar and move regularly, I've lived in 7 countries so far, I get "itchy feet". So tell me where you chose and I'll take a short holiday there 😁

It was no problem. I gave a letter to immigration asked to cancel the MM2H and they gave me a letter confirming that it was cancelled which I showed to my bank and I was able to withdraw my deposit immediately. It was very simple.

That's reassuring. And where did you settle now. You mentioned you'd found somewhere better.

Perhaps it's time to calm down a little.
No more insults please.

Yes I moved away from Malaysia and now live in Yogyakarta Indonesia. Living in Indonesia is less expensive than in Malaysia, the people are relaxed and the food is very agreeable. It is also a muslim majority country so I feel very much at home.

abdulkhalil wrote:

Yes I moved away from Malaysia and now live in Yogyakarta Indonesia. Living in Indonesia is less expensive than in Malaysia, the people are relaxed and the food is very agreeable. It is also a muslim majority country so I feel very much at home.

Indonesia is cheaper than Malaysia but Malaysia is more geared up to retirement visas. I really like Malaysia and fully intend to visit that fine country again when time allows, but I love Indonesia and have made my life here.
As for Yogyakarta - Great city. That is a place I'm seriously looking at for my retirement.

To remain on topic - Malaysia has done its homework and really set up shop as a retirement destination and they're good at it.
Saying that - Indonesia is getting much better and this country is trying to get a piece of the action - Watch out Malaysia, Indonesia is coming and it's starting to become a serious competitor in that market.

Indeed! We've also observed a more relaxed social environment in Indonesia, by comparison.

Regards, and enjoy :cheers:

I regret not having read your last reply to me, prior to Fred's <delete> of it. Anyway, best wishes for your continued success, with the folks @ Putrajaya, and Peace :cheers:

kRUBEN wrote:

Indeed! We've also observed a more relaxed social environment in Indonesia, by comparison.

Regards, and enjoy :cheers:

MM2H is an excellent policy, it works very well and Malaysia is a very easy country for an expat to live in as it has well developed cities with western facilities easily available and loads of English speaking people.
As far as Asia goes, Malaysia is way ahead of the game as far as retirement in the region is concerned.
However, it is more expensive than others including Indonesia and Indonesia does have a retirement system in place that's cheaper and the general cost of living is far lower.
Indonesia has the disadvantage of fewer English speakers but there are quite a few in places such as Bali and Jogja.

I wonder if other posters could compare Thailand, Vietnam and other regional  countries to the MM2H scheme.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts ( insults ) have been removed.

Please focus on the topic and lets avoid unnecessary arguments.

Regards,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi!
We are still in the process of applying for MM2H directly. I would like to inquire on the following:
1. There's a portion on the IM.12 form section C that requires details (Name, NIRC, Address) of Sponsor in Malaysia. Since we will be processing it directly, can we leave this blank?

2. Please also elaborate on "certified true copies of original documents by embassy/ high commission/ notary public... from origin country".

3. Do we need to send the soft copy of all the documents through email first? Or do we just send the hard copies directly to them thru mail?

Thanks for your help,
Bless

bless_is_cool wrote:

Hi!
We are still in the process of applying for MM2H directly. I would like to inquire on the following:
1. There's a portion on the IM.12 form section C that requires details (Name, NIRC, Address) of Sponsor in Malaysia. Since we will be processing it directly, can we leave this blank?

2. Please also elaborate on "certified true copies of original documents by embassy/ high commission/ notary public... from origin country".

3. Do we need to send the soft copy of all the documents through email first? Or do we just send the hard copies directly to them thru mail?

Thanks for your help,
Bless

Better if you hand in the application yourself and wait them issue the submission receipt to you. I saw an applicant only find out their application is missing after few months he submit. Sometime also will cause by some documents not fulfill the requirement, therefore they will put a side.

Hire an agent is cheap. Better don't make yourself headache.

Hello All.  I had applied for my MM2H last May and finally got my MM2H approval come couple of weeks ago. We are planning to visit kl in april to get the final paper work done. We are planning to stay for a week for the paperwork and also to check out apartments for rent. Do you think I have enough time for that? Also for the paperwork like getting medical checkup, security bond, deposit in the bank, should I get an agent or should do it myself as time is of essence. Please guide. If I should use an agent, anyone know of a good agent who can help.

Thanks a lot

BTW, regarding the agent, I used Joy-Stay  I highly recommend them. They were prompt, very knowledgeble and quite affordable.

Most importantly they have a tiered system of payment, you pay them for services rendered and not before. Check them out.

Shahnawaz

-moderated-

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : advertising your services is not allowed on the forums : please register in our business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am in Penang for the second week now.  Will only get my pp stamped net week. I think you can be safe to work on two weeks. Not all countries work in Ringgit. It took us 5 days for the transfer One more day to open bank account and one day to do medical . I am using an agent TG from Alter Dom us.  He will handle the stamp of pp at Home Affairs.