Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H)

Yes this is normal.

zamiruddin - the processing time is 4-5 months. The committee meets to consider applications twice  a month and the outcome is published on the website within about 7 working days. Next the conditional approval letter is mailed out (takes another 2-4 weeks depending on location).

Hi Gravitas

This is Dawn from HK.  Could you pls. advise about the LHDN.  As I should get the stamp from this office for the security bond.

1. Can I just visit any branch of LHDN to get this stamp? If so, planning to go LHDN Kuala Lumpur Bandar Branch.

2. What is the procedure and its will takes long?

Thank you
Dawn

Gosh, I did my own application and seem to recall you just go to any post office (POS counter) and buy the LHDN stamp there....... It's just a tax payment by purchasing the stamp.

Just show them the form or some sort of information to clarify what you need.

You need to go to LHDN to do the stamping for security bond. Make sure all signatures are original. The process is very fast.

Thank you

I've never been to a LHDN office - so sure the post office visit is sufficient. The same system is used to stamp lease agreements..... Just purchase the tax stamps over the counter (that's all that will happen at the LHDN office and less hassle at the POS - apart from potential Qs at the latter if you go at the "wrong" time).

quote:
Revenue Stamps (Setem Hasil) can be purchased at all Post Offices in Malaysia. Revenue stamps are available in the following denominations:
- RM 1.00
- RM 5.00
- RM10.00
- RM50.00
- RM100.00
- RM250.00

http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php? … p;bt_lgv=2

Mr .Dawan can you help me
Regarding about second home process here ?

All info is available on the government website -  qualifying is based on financial standing and income. Applications can be processed oneself or there are SOME reliable Agents who charge about RM7k to do everything for you and advise.

http://mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/home/pr … conditions

Only rely on personal introductions to any Agent and not on any advertising or internet search. Their fee is worthwhile if documents are not in English and qualifying is marginal.

One thing to note is that now it is mandatory on approval to place the Fixed Deposit in a bank within Malaysia. The amount depends on the age of the applicant. There are limited circumstances where the deposit can be reduced after one year (see below)

Thanks for reply

Re Fixed Deposit

UPON APPROVAL

(A) Aged Below 50 years old

Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.00

After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM150,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

Must maintain a minimum balance of RM150,000.00 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement of RM300,000 to RM150,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.

(B) Aged 50 years and above

Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000.00

After a period of one year, participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criterion can withdraw up to RM50,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.

Participant must maintain a minimum balance of RM100,000.00 from the second year onwards and throughout his/her stay in Malaysia under this programme.
Approved participant who has purchased and own property which was bought at RM1 million and above in Malaysia may state his/her intention in letter of application during submission to lower down basic fixed deposit requirement of RM150,000 to RM 100,000 on condition that the property has been fully paid and ownership documents such as grant and land title have already been issued. This amount may not be withdrawn until the participant decides to terminate his participation in MM2H programme.

It is a social visit pass valid for 10 years and not an employment pass. It is possible to invest in a business alongside the MM2H but not to work in it. There are no "small businesses" available for foreigners.

Thank you! 😊

Thank you so much!  If Post office can solve this issue, saving lot of time.  As Dr Goh and post office just next to each others at the Sungai Wang plaza.  Cheers!

Do take your provisional acceptance letter with you when you go and see Dr Goh.

well noted.  Thanks  :D

dbdawnbobo - If you enter Sugai Wang Plaza by the main entrance on Jalan Sultan Ismail (near monorail station) there is the information desk in front. Go to the right and then immediately left past the jewelery shops. When standing in front of shoe shop, turn right and then immediately left past the clothing shop. Dr Goh is on the left hand side. It's  a very insignificant entrance. He takes lunch hour.

The PO is on the 3rd floor. From the information desk, turn left and go as far as possible in that direction. Probably through some swing doors. There are lifts there. Take one to the 3rd floor. Once outside of the lift lobby, turn immediately left and walk along that channel. The POS office is about half way along that corridor.

Hi Gravitas

It very useful!  Thank you for your kind assistance again!  Cheers :top:

You can purchase the stamps at post office but still the only authority that can stamp the security bond is LHDN so it is best you go to the LHDN office.

For a securitu bond you need LHDN to finalize it so it is best you save your time instead of going to the post office directly go to the LHDN office. The process takes 15mins tops.

Shehajaz - not true - buying the revenue stamp is mentioned on the LHDN website, which says to get them from the Post Office (link provided earlier). The Bond is paid at the MM2H immigration cashier counter, together with the visa charge per year, etc.

I have applied for MM2H.you dont even need to pay a bond. Just submit the securitu bond that has been stamped by LHDN. Maybe we can get dbdawnbobo's feedback. Just stamping by ourselves is not sufficient..it has to be finalized by LHDN

Hey - you said it yourself - "has been stamped by LHDN" - that means you BUY the stamp at POS....

Indian nationals usually are hopeless at bureaucacy and organising their own lives.....!!!!!!!!

That is very racist of you to say that about Indians

One more time I would like to clarify not for you but for someone who really needs the information

A security bond requires to be duly stamped by the Inland Revenue Board (LHDN)

You can only purchase the stamps/chop at the post office but the document still has to be submitted to LHDN

Therefore why trouble yourself going to 2 places when everything can be settled by LHDN

Gravitas you have been advicing people but have you personally experienced it? I dont think.so because I have read your threads and sometimes you give the wrong information.

You have to personally liaise with the officers to know the real situation

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/pdf/SECURITY%20B … ELINES.pdf

Even the security bond form clearly states stamping rm10.00 at Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia

I guess no one has had the time to constantly reply it here other than you so when you're proven wrong you are threatened

Dear Shehajaz and Grativas

Thank you both of your kind assistance.

Post office cannot issue the LHDN stamp.  It should be done by the revenue stamp office with another form to fill, only takes 10 mins to get it.

Finally, within one day to get the pass!

Cheers
Dawn

I got my MM2H finalised in Putrajaya by purchasing the RM10 sticker at the POS. So interesting difference. I don't really have any explanation why there is a difference!

Or the policy changed as explained from the POS staff.

Thank you for the information, can you please advise where is the concerned office?

Thanks

You need a Tourist visa to Visit Singapore for Tourism purpose and you would need a work visa to enter and work in Singapore. Holding a MM2H in Malaysia will not entertain you to work in Singapore for a client or company.

Easy to locate the revenue stamp office in KL.  Just search them from the google map and look for the one you are nearby.  Cheers

1M MYR and two properties for Penang is the minimum amount to invest in MM2H program. The amount varies from state to state. In Sabah it is 300,000 MYR and one property.

Purchasing property is optional on the MM2H programme. In fact, renting is often preferable as it is certainly a renter's market in the current property price bubble.

There is no "investment" required under the MM2H programme whatsoever. Only the placing of a Fixed Deposit.

Anyone can buy property in Malaysia (permission is sought for each individual purchase). There are just some rules about property values and no ownership of land that does not have  property on it.

The government website for MM2H states the position clearly - http://mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/benefit … se-a-house

"Please be informed that property purchase is not a pre-requisite for participating in MM2H programme."

Is there any way anyone who is HIV positive can apply for the MM2H program,

thanks in advance

They will require you to do a medical check up..I am not sure if HIV test is included

Hi all..

Quick question on the mm2h fixed deposit.. I've been researching info in what qualify for withdrawal after the first year..  on a few sites I read that you can withdraw for a vehicle purchase.. is that true? So would anything vehicle related count (insurance,road tax, maintenance, licencing/driving class ECT ECT)?

Seems unlikely that withdrawal from the deposit can be made for a vehicle purchase, especially since you need to contact the Ministry of Tourism and get a letter authorizing the withdrawal, but then I am no longer up to date with the latest regulations. Also, since MM2H have said that they will be cancelling the tax free car purchase agreement it seems even less likely. However, someone with more knowledge than me might know more. I always thought withdrawals were just for education and medical.

As for insurance, road tax,car maintenance and driving license, that seems highly improbable. And anyway, if you are buying a new car you normally get 3 years free maintenance.

MM2H is already becoming less generous with their conditions than in the past.

Thanks abdulkhalil for the reply..

Yes it's a shame they are pulling the tax free car purchase benefit. I was looking into a cheap axia/bezza so not really a huge chunk of tax savings.. lol..

When I have time later (still at work) I will try to find the quote off of mm2h website (yea it does require approval from the ministry) and I believe it is after two years into the mm2h scheme..

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/app … quirements

MM2H participants are allowed to withdraw partial of the required Fixed Deposit from the second year onwards (RM50,000 for aged 50 years and above) / (RM150,000 for aged 50 years and below) for approved expenses related to house purchase, car purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes. They have to maintain the balanced RM100,000 (for aged 50 years and above) / RM150,000 (for aged 50 years and below) of Fixed Deposit until they terminate from MM2H Programme.

The documents required for Fixed Deposit Withdrawal are:

Letter of intention to withdraw Fixed Deposit accountCopy of MM2H visaCopy of front page passportCopy of Fixed Deposit certificateCopy proof of payment for Residential property purchase (to submit of all pages of Sales & Purchase Agreement & receipt), Car purchase (to submit car grant title & receipt), Children's education in Malaysia (to submit receipt), Medical expenses (to submit receipt)Copy of Conditional Approval Letter

Please be advised that the withdrawal is on a reimbursement basis and release of money will be made based on the amount paid.

Withdrawal can be made after the first year, effective from date of MM2H social visit pass endorsement in the passport.

If applicant wishes to withdraw the interest accrued on savings, please indicate in the letter of intention

** The processing and approval process will take three (3) working days from the date of
submission of the application (provided the documentation is complete )