ADVETI Dec 2015 London interviews

Hi ,

Anyone going to the ADVETI interviews for training teachers post???

Hi Habiba, yes I'm going for the teacher trainer interview, post thing.

Is that the one on the 21st December? Near kings cross?

Zain

Yh that's the one. I'm going on the 22nd though.
Which agency are you with?

Oh okay. Erm a company based in Ireland I think. They're called chase resourcing. And you?

World teachers..is the post for single visa or can is there a family one available? I wasn't too clear about it

I was told its for family status visa. Have they told you anything about the interview? We've been told it will be 2 parts, A 40 min test/questionnaire and then the face to face interview.

Yh they did tell me that. I saw a post of someone who wrote the questions that were on the written test during the interview. Have you seen it? There were 5 questions

Hi Guys,

am glad i found someone talking about the same interview am attending on the 21st in London :top:

Slightly nervous here.

Do any of you guys know what the interview and test will be based on, apart from the typical class management, teaching methods/approach, how technology benefits the classroom etc. anything else they could ask?

Also what experiences and qualifications do you guys have?

As for family, am sure this will be fine as am brining family too and no one said anything.

Hi
When is the job expected to start? Do you have a date in mind?
Thanks

no idea about the start dates? although i was told by my agency worldteachers its most likely January start however judging by everything i read in these forums, Adveti seem to be very slow with the final contract and the whole process generally taking many months.

In one of the forums I read this regarding the written test:
There were 5 questions asked: rank in importance : methods, discipline, evaluation and planning and explain your reasons. Q2) describe the most effective approach used in your classroom (bit vague - didnt really understand what they meant by approach) but try to include words like student centered, less teacher talking time, activities, kinesthetic etc...q3) describe a time when tou have helped or supported tour colleagues with the following: lesson planning, peer observation, the use of technology. Q4) what is your knowledge on the different types of assessment used in the classroom...inclue formative, summative and esl specific techniques and give examples of how youve used them. And q5 asks: what benefits, if any, does technology have in an english language classroom?

Hope it helps

Yeah i saw that. It was very helpful.

As for Q5, I suspect they're exploring your ability to move with the times.
Will they reject stone age candidates?

Good luck to everyone who has the interview tomorrow..hope it goes all well. 😊😊👍👍

Hello everyone, any feedback on how it went for you guys today?

Hi,

Mine was really quick. I got asked like 3 questions then about my cv and experience. That was it really, I was in there for 5 mins. I don't know if it's a bad sign or what?  How about you.

Im sure its a good sign!  Ur lucky they normally say it involves a lot of hanging around. When will u know the outcome?.
My one is tomorrow, did u do the written test? If so hw was it, any grammar questions?.

No I waiting around all day we all did. However I was in the interview room for 5 mins.

We did the written test first and waited till we were seen.  The test was very similar to the questions posted here.

They said we will know the outcome in 5 days also the post is no longer a teacher trainer position it's for a classroom teacher.

Something about the roles for teacher trainers already been filled.

Hw strange for the position to be filled when they just started interviewing. But in shaa Allah kheyr, wish u all the best. My turn tomorrow 😕😰.

Good luck tomorow insha allah. Don't stress it's not too hard at all. Let us know how it went.

Well its over. Quickest interview I have ever had

Was there alot of people? Also what did they ask you? Mine was 5 mins very short.

There were about 8-9 people. He asked me bout my cv and how I would manage mixed ability kids and why I wanna move to Middle East. Very very brief

That's exactly how mine happened same questions. They also said how soon i can be available.

Can I ask what is your qualifications and experience?

They didn't ask me when I'm available to start. I hav MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL, worked at a school n centre, that's about it.
How bout you?

I have an MA Education and TEFL and several years experience in a school.

I guess our chances might be good, if am not too hopeful! :)

In shaa Allah Kheyr, I hope they don't leave us lingering on for weeks to find out. I hate waiting although they said we should hear something after Christmas. keep us updated if you hear anything and good luck.

Hey everyone.
Have you guys received a reply? The agency emailed me for job recommendation. Any updates from you guys?

Hi,

Yeah I got reply today as well. I got recommended for the position and need to accept haven't done that yet also to send the form back signed.

Any tips on getting documents notirised is this done after the final contract or now.

Congratulations,I don't know about not notorising documents sorry, but I assume it's best to do that with final contract. I didn't even receive any contract at all just a former about my documents and work experience forms. Did you receive a contract?

No i havent received a contract.  Just been recommended thats all. However trying to find the ins and out of this process at the minute.

Have you sent your docs and the form back yet?

No I haven't yet..I'm still skeptical regarding the company ins and out like you to be honest.

Have you made a decision yet. I received the initial offer yesterday.

Yeah so did I. I accepted the initial offee although there wasn't much explanation. So I will see the final contract and what it entails. We are not binded by anything until the final contract.  What about you?

Yeah same here. Sent it off. Insha allah kheyr! They said it should all be quick and be out there for Feb.

In shaa Allah, I don't about you but I'm actually nervous.

Salam and hi guys

I also got recommended for the position but have no info on start dates or when I will get final offer

Do you know if I have to notarise documents and when

Anybody know about working hours or when we get final contract?

Sisters please pm me as It would be good to know people in the same boat as we may be in the same hotel and maybe work together on finding accommodate etc???

W/salarm
I honestly don't have a clue I'm in the same boat as you. I follow this ADVETI group on fb and the batch that got interviewsed in October 2015 just got their visas this Thursday.

Thanks for reply. What's the group called?

If I hear anything I will let you know

Hi umme when was your interview?  What position was it for?

As far as I know from the time you get your initial offer it takes another 3 weeks to recieve your final contract.

This is when you start the legalisation process of your docs.

Hi habiba, what's the name of that Facebook group? Any idea why they had to wait so long for visa's. Also do you know we're directly through the moe and not adveti as such.  Which can speed speed up things for us.