Need Urgent Help Regarding My Job offer

hi all first of all thanks for such a great blog. Here I would like to ask my question

myself nidhin working as a system administrator having 3 year experience from India. I attended an interview conducted by one of the Riyadh company and got selected as IT Technican.Initially they offered me 2200 SAR with out accommodation and food.SO I rejected the offer, now they are offering me 2800 SAR without food and accommodation.SO my doubt is that as a single guy with this salary whether I can survive and can able to save anything for my family?
Also the job contract is for 1 year they said me after one year, once you got experienced here we will offer you better package.is it genuine. Whether I can trust them?
what about scope of IT jobs in Riyadh?
I will really appreciate sincere suggestions from you guys :cheers:

Probably 2,200 with food and accommodation is better than 2,800 without food and accommodation. However I'm not sure about that, you should wait for others. As a bachelor, your major expenses will be on accommodation, meals and transportation.

I can say it will not help you to save anything try to ask for more ot at least take the 2200 with food

thanks for your answers also please answer my other questions also? and both cases company is not giving me accomodation and food.please more guys share ur opinions since its about my career

In any case it is a bad offer . even some drivers get more than that

Fidgety Soul wrote:

In any case it is a bad offer . even some drivers get more than that

Agreed. Very bad offer

okey..I want to know even if I suffer 1 year with this salary,can I expect good hike in salary and position depends on my experience and qualification?what about IT jobs scope in riyadh?

nidhin143 wrote:

okey..I want to know even if I suffer 1 year with this salary,can I expect good hike in salary and position depends on my experience and qualification?what about IT jobs scope in riyadh?

Based on my long experience in the Kingdom, the only time you are in a position to negotiate anything with your employer is before you get hired. After that you've to get accustomed to promises and hopes.

There is good scope but no guarantees. There are a lot of legal formalities /issues...

If it's not in writing, then it means nothing.

Dear, If your expr and designation is for 3+ then you must get at least 6+ SAR\Month minimum, well where I work desktop engineers get 6+ then I am sure you are more valued. so be careful of cheaters. I am sure about the provided info as I am an IT manager and staying in KSA since past 4+ years.

No My friend the package is vry vry less i honestly request u to work in india only if you get a package more than 6k or atleast 6k than think of cmng to riyadh otherwise it is difficult to survive and more over u cant save any thing with this package

Dear friend

salary package very less according to your Experience. it will be minimum 4 to 5 k. Don't accept this offer and wait for good opportunity.

Dear friend

The package s vry vry vry less dont accept the offer until n unless u get 6k package
U ll not be able to save any thing with this sal

Trust is not something you use except for your best friends and family.

Here you're only a unit/value/price.

'' it is not who tells you the truth but who lies to you the least''.

Don't accept anything less than 5,000

Don't come for below SAR 4000-5000 package. The present offer is sufficient for your own living with meager chance for savings.

Dear sir,thanks for your valuable reply.Due to my poor financial condition my family is forcing me to go and work there.Can I ask you,if I struggle even in one year with this salary.whether I can switch to another company from there?also do GCC Experience have good value when I search for another job in gulf country?
awaiting reply from you.

Dear sir,thanks for your valuable reply.Due to my
poor financial condition my family is forcing me to
go and work there.Can I ask you,if I struggle even
in one year with this salary.whether I can switch
to another company from there?
whether company give me hike after one year?
also do GCC Experience have good value when I search for
another job in gulf country?
awaiting reply from you.

you trying to understand your family and tell that is less salary for survive in Saudi Arab and after all of that your family forcing you then try to understand your family financial problem accept offer for 1 years only then move to good opportunity.

best of Luck

Friends

Dear Nidhin,
If your family conditions are such then you can accept the offer.

Your monthly expenditures will be in the minimum range of:

1. Room rent & related expenditure (in cheap to moderate locality)             600- 800
2. Transportation to Office & return                                                               300-500
3. Food & other necessities                                                                           500-800
4. Washing, small purchases etc                                                                   100-200
                   Total ( Basic minimum)                                                             1500-2300
With this you may get an idea what you are going to spend and save? Since you are a family person, having much love & affection for their well being so with little sacrifice you may save and serve your family well or say better than the present situation.
Having said this considering your financial condition and family pressure, I advise you to accept it. Saudi Arabia is a good and cheap(cost of living wise) country. You won't face much problem if you abide by local law.
Advantages:
The experience you gain in KSA or Gulf Countries will be a boon for your future search or job hunting, because almost all companies ask for Gluf work-experience.
Since i am from Finance sector I can not advise you about the potentiality or requirements, absorption of your IT sector but often I find such requirements in job portals.
As you have not given the Company name so this aspect can not be commented.
Have faith in Allah ( or Bhagwan/God) and accept the offer ( If further negotiated more better-or else at present level). The Almighty will look after you & your family better. I trust.

Plz help..!!!!
Sir i got selected in  unimac company,saudi arabia about 10 days back and till now i havnt  got a call for medical test since the agnecy told that medical will be done only after we receive  visa from the company ..sir i am very confused ..plz tell me if its normal or not? And how long will i have to wait for medical test?

rehan9032 wrote:

Plz help..!!!!
Sir i got selected in  unimac company,saudi arabia about 10 days back and till now i havnt  got a call for medical test since the agnecy told that medical will be done only after we receive  visa from the company ..sir i am very confused ..plz tell me if its normal or not? And how long will i have to wait for medical test?

Welcome to the KSA...

it may take up to 3 months....Don't resign till your visa is stamped...

Thank you sir for ur valuable suggestion ..i want to know sir whether visa from employer is required for conducting medical test or else job letter will be sufficient? And how much time wiill it take for medical test?