Can I do freelance work in KSA on a dependent Iqama (residency visa)

Hey ,

We are moving to Riyadh soon. My wife has a position out there and a work Visa. I'm an illustrator and work from home  with client from the US and UK.

We are struggling to get clear information whether I can work out there as a freelancer with a dependent Iqama (residency visa).

I have been told I can but only in passing and I'm a little concerned I wont be able to.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks S

samrowan wrote:

Hey ,

We are moving to Riyadh soon. My wife has a position out there and a work Visa. I'm an illustrator and work from home  with client from the US and UK.

We are struggling to get clear information whether I can work out there as a freelancer with a dependent Iqama (residency visa).

I have been told I can but only in passing and I'm a little concerned I wont be able to.

Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks S

yes you can, let your wife sponsor your visa and that is all. You can stay home and be working, no questions asked. It's like you having the work and having your wife come to stay with you as a house wife. No questions asked so far as your wife keeps renewing your status legally.

Good luck.

Hi, i am a dependent iqama holder in saudi arabia, my husband is working on work visa, but can i work as a freelancer work from home in saudi under dependent visa?

will be there any concern getting salary in riyal to my KSA bank account?

Answered on your other post.

@XTang where is the response?

Go to the other thread where you asked the question.

@XTang your answer is not visible, thats why I put that question mark

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 87#5814762

In the future don't post on multiple threads just so you don't lose track of comments.

@Mya Brown Hi thanks for the response, freelancing is working from an international company outside saudi arabia on dependent visa. This is possible right?

@Mya Brown and also its like work from home job. No connection with local Saudi