Job in Ireland

Hi all.

My name is Marc and I am South African. I am wanting to relocate and work in Ireland. I have a BSc degree and a teaching qualification. Any prospects on jobs. I am willing to start off on a basic salary in order to immigrate. Thanks

Hi Marc,

Welcome on board :)

I will invite you to please check out those articles here :

- Work in Dublin
- Find a job in Ireland
- The labor market in Ireland

Also I will invite you to please drop resume in the Jobs in Dublin section as it might help :)

Best of luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi,

I worked in Ireland for 7 years...the best way to start is to register with FAS (www.fas.ie) which is the irish unemployment authority. They would have loads of offers on daily basis. You need to register there to get the PPS number (which is the social insurance number) allowing you to work without paying so called emergency tax (which is 40percent). However you can start working without having PPS and once you get PPS you can claim the tax back. Staff in FAS will inform you and guide you what you need to know. For applying for PPS you need to have an address of stay (usually hostel is fine) and you need to provide them with the bill (again...bill from hostel accommodation should be enough). Once you get PPS and are registered, it is easier to get job. Study FAS webpage for further info re work permits etc. and they will help you with possible queries.

Martin

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information!

I visited Dublin in 2012 & fell in love with this country. Since then, I'm looking for information on how to migrate. I also planned for higher studies with Dublin Business School, but then due to some circumstances, couldn't apply.

I'm currently working in Digital marketing field with almost 6 years of work experience & I'm looking for jobs in this sector.

I understand that the best way is to find a job which would then make things little easy, but I'm quite keen to know, are there any recruitment agencies/clients that can provide work visa sponsorship as that is the most difficult part.

If a person is already in Ireland, its easy for him/her to find a job, but if someone wants to migrate then one wants to get work visa sponsorship & after which he/she can apply for PR, etc.

Your valuable feedback would be appreciated! :)

Thanks
Madhur