Is 1350 Kuwait dinar enough money to live in Kuwait ?

I was offered a job in a school 1350 a  month kuwait dinar and free apartment is that enough to live ok in Kuwait ? Also I will be 20 min away from school will need public transportation or may have to hire a diver.

1350 is good since an apartment for two bed room costs around 350 to 400kd.
1350+400=1750 or 1800 .

1350=
1.30 or 50 kd for regular transport=50kd
2.100 to 150 KD food expenses=150kd
3.100 pocket cash=100kd
total=1350-300=1050 savings = around 4000 US tax free savings.

For a single person it's a very good deal. For a family it's OK but a bit tight. That's in general but there are many details to consider like schools for children, rent ... etc.

Good luck

I think transportation should be included for school staff.

I think its a very good deal and its enough for living and saving money too.

its good

I'm a teacher here and just wondering if I may ask what school that is?
You can private message me if you like.
I know many of the schools here and there are other questions besides salary you'd want to ask.
Take care,

Mark

Hi, if U're use to live on $4,000-5,000 pm then this is what it translates to.
Bye,

ezra.

Thank you so much. I have many bills in the US  and need to pay them. I dio not want to be in a situation that I can afford to live in Kuwait.

It is not .  I have bills back home to pay so I am trying to find out if the transportation is reliable or if a car rental would be best.

Thanks everyone !!!!

either rent a car after getting your Kuwaiti driving licence or ask the school if they can arrange any transport for you.driving here is insane in most areas so take care if you are driving.

The school will only drive me for 1 month. How much are hired drivers .

50kd transport is that taxi everyday to and from work?

I really need to know what schools and situations I should avoid . I am taking a lit coordinator  position. Would appreciate your advice.

I happen to find this website for taxi service,dont know if they are still in business but you may look into it.

http://www.kudstaxi.com/serv.html

i didnt understand what you meant by schools you should avoid,please add few more lines so i can understand what you are trying to know?

Thank you

I'd live next to a coworker and arrange a ride with him/her.

totally agree,
taxi is not a cheap option,

or live close to school, and walk

in the end, its how much can you live on, 1250 is decent , but you would live a standard life in kuw

How is bus transportation ?

How much is car rental?

Bus not a reliable transport,I have used it.Due to the traffic problems in the country they reduced the number of buses on the road. and the wait time is too long after missing a bus of one route.

Some times the bus drives purposely ignore a stop and wouldn't stop and if a person is waiting for long time for the bus it is annoying.

The Air conditioning is not appropriate,they keep it on low cooling and i get annoyed.also some foolish people like to keep the windows open when it is operating effectively.

Sometimes,there are these school boys or others who uneducated youth, they enter the bus not paying the fare,causing trouble to the passengers,yelling at them and are wild.

Buses have a stated route,and if your destination is a bit deviating from the route,walking is stressful and the number of stares from the passing cars is uncomfortable.

The temperature will rise till June and goes up to 45-50 degrees,and i wouldn't recommend walking in that weather with extremely dry air.chances of sunstroke are high if you are not used to the weather here.

Moreover,the bus passengers are viewed as the lower class and not treated good even though some new high income earners use it temporarily.(i happen to meet a Charted Accountant from India)

At the end of the trip even if you manage to reach your destination, the person dosent remain presentable and becomes tired.I am younger so i manage it,but for you it would be exhausting.

which area are you staying and where is you school located if you dont mind telling,i want to know so as to identify any possible solution to the problem.

i am not aware of the rental rates,it is varying with the type and model of the car,also the peroid you want it for and the location of the car rental office.

i will see if i can get you any info on that.

Taking a bus is an adventure to say the least. That's why I take it every once in a while (I'm a man and I stare back it adds to the excitement ;) ). In my opinion, when the weather is good (i.e. not in the summer) it is very enjoyable. But if it's too hot, I'd go with @ace117 on that.

Car rentals vary, but it will be in the range of 150 - 200 KD. If you plan on staying in Kuwait for 5+ years, don't rent a car just buy one on credit. Otherwise, if your plan is to stay here for couple of years only, then renting is a better option.

If you will be living in company provided housing you might be able to carpool with other teachers to cut costs or ask them about their experience with transportation. What else would you like to know, I'm a female so I can help you out with some of your questions about safety etc.

Thank you for your honesty . The school is The American Baccalaureate School in - Kuwait. I will be living 20 min away . How much are car rentals or taxi?

How much are the taxi?  Or car rental?

Is it 200 a month for car rental?

I am not sure where my living would be but I would like to be close to fresh food markets and a gym etc. what are go places / safe to live?

What about car insurence?

Thanks for your input . I grew up taking the bus in a big city so I totally get it when you say interesting. I rather not tackle the interesting unless I was on the bus with company .

Thanks I really appreciate it.

I believe ABS provide staff apartments somewhere near,the taxi driver usually bargain rather than charging what is on the Meter in the car they activate when a person takes a ride.they try to charge more than the fare they should be paid,but everyone does the same.

They will charge you around 2KD assuming you live approxiately 6 Km in hawalli or Jabriya which is recommended,not close to the school,but these are the areas i would like you to look into.

i would discourage you for using it,but if you really want to use it please take someone with you as you dont want to be lost.

Thanks not as bad as I thought . I feel much better now. Thank You

it is enough…but I think you should ask for more…western teachers here are paid more

It's a good opportunity only if u r getting an accommodation and if u r single. But if u have a family so it's just ok. And I think u might need a car but the drivers r expensive here to hire.

Yes very good.

take the offer without question

Yes sure
It will be your salary here in Kuwait??
If it yes so accept it immediately that's fine and enough to live here