Kuwait's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in Kuwait? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of Kuwait's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in Kuwait would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Well the area here are divided into three parts, respectively Citizen residential, expatriate residential and industrial. An expatriate can not live in the Citizen area, unless he is working as house job. there are some Expatriate area where people are living as nationality wise, although they are bit mix but yet majority of people like to live with the area where they find their own locality. for example Salmiya is one of the famous area for Indians, where you can Get Indian schooling, food and activities very often. there are so many areas where Indians live, it also depends where a person is doing job he needs to accommodate himself to the near destination.
the cost of living here  is very expensive single BHK cost from 200 KD to 230 KD while as double bedroom from 300 to 350 KD, rest it goes as per the space is allocated. For a bachelor it is very easy to live he can survive at the salary of 300 KD but for family member he need to have more than 500 KD and if he has one or two child which are going school then he need to have salary more than 650 KD.

shopping in Malls are expensive while as local market have reasonable prices, there are some hypermarkets where you can get daily house hold items in a great price, government has also made some supermarkets in each residential area where prices are also genuine . Friday market is also one of the famous market where used and clean variety of items are available, Cars are cheap new and used are available every where, there are variety of online portal for this kind of job. online shopping are also very interesting here you get delivery free of charge. if some one have a very high profile job then I can say Kuwait is the best place to live, no taxes are there and one can live a fantastic life. there are furnished flats available for such kind of category.

well
thanks for your request
first of all
the living in Kuwait depend on your income
so better first live in salmiyah city  its public area for all people
rent = 75 kd if you share with peoples
other things may be = 60 kd per month

Hi. Actually most of places for expatriates are more or less are the same with little variations in house rent value. For example khitan are the most cheapest place to live followed by farwanya and Hawally

Salmya is the most reasonable place regarding the rent fees , location , services and peoole social standard

The one bed room flat average rent is from 250 to 300 KD which means 850 $ to 1000 $ per month while the two bed room with average rent of 350 KD which means almost 1300 $

For food I think it's normal price compared to international standard. While the technical service are higher than the average and school fees are the most highest one in the international schools

For health and treatment. Starting from next month they will stop giving the medical care for free and the patient has to pay for all services including medicine in the state hospital which is more or less became the same like private hospital.

This actually very high cost especially if you have kids or r chronic disease.

The only way is to be medically insured by private company.

Hello,
The Most Expensive City in Kuwait is Mushrif, but depends on your job you may live in many area almost close to your work place or some people prefer location near to their childern's School.
I am living in Khaitan as my childern School is just in front of my home.

if you let me know your job prfile and salary rang, I may guide you fruther.
Feel Free to contact me **

Regards
Syed

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please send your contact details via the private message system

kuwait itself is a city and smaller nation , as expensive as European countries and  west , accommodation and food is expensive too. only petrol is cheapest here in the world but to obtain a drivers license is a difficult task until now.

Kuwait itself is very small country. Cost of living is reasonable as compared to UAE.

Thanks

Kuwait city is the most expensive place to stay in, even if it is the 'not so nice looking' places, traffic is a horror if you don't work in the city of Kuwait, much better off staying in Salwa or the Salmiya sea side areas, but still very expensive

I live in a small 2 bedroom, 1 full bathroom apartment in Mahboula sea side and pay KWD 380 ($1300 give or take) apartment on the 11th floor, this is still cheap compared to the places in Salmiya, Salwa or in the city

I use to live in a place in Salwa which was KWD 650 per month ($2150 give or take) but was provided by my company for a few months during my move to Kuwait, Kuwait city area will probably more expensive

Keep in mind Kuwait is very small, you can drive from one boarder to the next boarder probably in 3 - 4 hours time, it is not big at all

Hey!!  I have been crushing on you for long. Please can you be my friend? Give me your Facebook name so we can chat. Thanks