Cost of living in Kuwait for two

Hi,

I am an Indian, a chartered accountant & a company secretary having from Mumbai 8+ years of experience with good MNCs. I am going to discuss about a job opening in Kuwait. I would like to know what is the minimum that I should keep in mind for cost of living for two(my wife & me). This should cover -
1.Fully furnished housing
2.Utilities
3.Hi-speed internet
4.Reasonable entertainment
5.Food
6.Transportation
7.Maid
8.Telephone

(higher middle class lifestyle by Mumbai standard).

What will be the addition if I decide to buy/maintain a car?

Grateful, if you can advise what else I can keep in mind while I discuss this offer in terms of Kuwait as a location.

Regards,
Ritesh J

Hello Ritesh,

I will try to give you rough info you can use.

You can find a furnished apartment starting in the 300 KWD range and from there the sky is the limit. Utilities are included in the rent. In most areas you can only get mobile internet (3G/4G), which is around 20KD/month. Some apartments come with cable internet but this is usually a shared line so donćt expect miracles. Entertainment in Kuwait boils down to restaurants, caffes and cinema. Hard to say how much this would cost as the prices range from affordable to very expensive, depending on your lifestyle. Satellite TV is 10-15 KWD per month unless you get it included with the apartment.
Monthly food expenses somewhere in the 150 KWD range. Public transportation is cheap but probably not something you would want to use. Taxis are unreliable and you need to negotiate the price.
The rest of the questions I will leave to someone else with more experience.

Hi,

thanks alot for your reply!!

Regards,
Ritesh J

No problem, search around the forum and check the sticky topics, there is a wealth of useful info there.