Cost of total living expense for a bachelor per month in Kuwait ?

Buddies,

A friend of mine just wanted to ask me this . He just wants to know total living cost for a bachelor to live in Kuwait say about food , transportation , living accomodation ( with faciltiies or without facilities ) , misc. i mean appx. in todays cost . He recently attended an job interview and he is thinking about the offer and he just wants to know what will be the living cost and other  expenses in kuwait per month . Please let me know in detail

Well roughly it cannot be calculated as the rent for different areas are different. Kuwait has the highest cost of living.
Kuwait has highest cost of living in Arab World Index ranks Kuwait 21st most expensive country globally It is more expensive to live in Kuwait than in France, Canada, the United Kingdom, the United Arab

It is also impossible to answer because everyone has a different lifestyle. Also, it has been discussed *a lot* on the forum and there is already a ton of information already available.

Hi Chander,

I can't give you the complete estimate as you have not mentioned the area where your friend would be staying, etc. However here is a rough estimate:

For a studio apartment unfurnished: around 150 KD/ Month
1BHK : 230 - 300 KD
2BHK: 280 - 380 KD
I he wants to live in a sharing accommodation then depends upon number of people sharing. You can divide the above rent by number of occupants.

Transport:
He can use shared transport which costs 15 - 30 KD per month. If he buys a car, then gas cost would be around 10 - 20 kd depending on how much he travels. Also you can get new as well as used cars here. Toyota used cars are expensive here. You can get Nissan and other cars for lot less compared to Toyota,

Groceries: If you cook at home, the 50 - 100 kd per month per person depending upon what you want to eat. It can be way more if you like to eat outside in a restaurant.

This shud give you an idea about cost of living in kuwait.

Make sure your friends salary is at least above 600 KD so that he can apply for the driving license easily. If it is less than that then getting a DL could be a problem. Also less salary means it would be harder to sponsor your direct relatives.

Hope that helped.