Immigration concerns

Hi everyone!

Im back (!) now with another concern with whoch i need everyone's opinion!

As I'm (finally) scheduled to fly to Bahrain this end of Sept, I would just like ask everybody's advise in what I have to prepare for in facing the immigration officers. Kindly note that I will be having a business visa; with this, I would just like to know if I can bring lots and lots of clothes and other stuffs or will I end up being questioned if I do so?
Also, I'd like to know what is usually asked by the immigration officers??(please please advise me on this one!im palpitating just thinking of having to face the immigration.after all I dont wanna end up being deported!)

Please don't hesitate to add important pointers!!

All the best everyone!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

JIN

You will have the baggage allowance stated by your airline

You will need to show the following:

1. Address where you are staying
2. Letter of sponsorship from your employer
3. Contract of employment
4. Inside leg measurement
5. Waist size
6. Only kidding (obviously) just have copies of everything you have from the company and an address where you will be staying in Bahrain when you get there and you will be fine. Business visa's are easier than visit visa's.
You may have to sit around for a while but be calm and polite and you will be ok

hello josnuggles!thanks for the input!

i was just wondering if it wont be suspicious if i bring lots of clothes..i mean if its way too much for the length of my stay since i will be having a round way ticket..of course still within the required baggage allowance.
thanks much in advance!

The immigration officer will not see your luggage and the clothes (unless you are planning to carry everything in your hand luggage).

So just sit back, relax, enjoy the flight ... and calmly and confidently face the immigration officer. Once he has stamped you through, you pick up your luggage with all your clothes from the belt and walk calmy and confidently through the green channel in customs.

Its that simple ... Really! :)

Best wishes.

oh my geeeee!!!!you dont know how much that calmed my nerves, Farhaz!!

if I may say so though, i have an aunt who went to jeddah a few years ago and the immigration opened her suitcase....thats why i was just wondering..

i may be scaring myself here too much, am i not??because frankly, i really am!

Say you are aware of how many charities there are in Bahrain and you are donating to them. BSPCA and Tony the Dogfather both have charity shops to help animals.

Sorted. NOW RELAX :-)

... Or say you are donating it to the poor Sri Lankan resident of Bahrain, named Farhaz :D

The amount of clothes you bring in is not a problem to immigration officers. Maybe you just like to change clothing more often than others. Maybe you just sweat much more than others. Maybe you are carrying it to give to friends who live here. Maybe you are a clothes merchant. Maybe ... (type your favourite reason here - the list is endless) ...

See ... Just relax, jinion. See you soon in Bahrain! Best wishes.

hi again everyone!now im posting this message from bahrain!:)

as to  (phil.) immigration, jeez!!it was a rather terrifying experience.one i wish i would never experience again!

Welcome to Bahrain, jinion :)

Good to see you made it here safe and sound. Tell us all about your immigration experience in Phils. :)

And also let us know if you need any assistance settling down. Best wishes.

it was my first week yesterday so pretty much, ive "settled in" already...

re: phil.immigration, I have all the papers needed with me, yet they were looking for lots of other stuff thats not that necessary..i was held at the immigration for like an hour (which realld made me furious) and i was suppose to board at 11.thinking that i wont be able to catch my plane made me angry and so i sort of (not really) shout at them..because they seemed like they were asking for this and that just for the heck of it which isnt totally fair on my part thats why i had no other choice but to play the game they started...and voila!here i am now one week after that experience!

Looks like they just wanted to be sure you had the right papers to travel to Bahrain. But i can understand your anxiety and frustration. My strategy with immigration officers anywhere is to be calm and go with the flow. This usually works.

Best wishes in your new job and life.

thanks a lot Farhaz and everyone!