French tuition?

I've just moved to Mauritius, am living in the North, and looking for private French lessons, preferably with someone who can come to my house or meet me at a cafe etc around the Pereybere / Grand Baie area. Any suggestions or contacts would be most appreciated. I did post a classified ad - the only responses I got were ... quite unrelated to French tuition :)

Me too, I'm looking to learn French, and also live in the North at Calodyne, so would aslso be interested in good communicational French from someone qualified to teach.

Check out Alliance Francais, they may have a branch in the north.

Jacques de Robillard [moderated: post in the classifieds section]

Whose name and number is this ? Is he a qualified teacher ?

Hi
Did you find any good French classes/ tuition in the North ? I am in the UK at the moment but returning next Thursday and really should make a real effort to learn French....regards, Lynn

Hi all,

Please note that some posts have been moved for free advertising is not allowed on the forum.

Thanks
Armand
Expat.com Team

Well you can use this site for now to grasp the very basics (free) duolingo.com/ :P Good luck

Thanks for the responses and private messages. A slight change from my initial idea - myself and a colleague (both working in Port Louis) were thinking we could get private tuition together in Port Louis some time during the working week. If anyone knows of a private tutor who would be willing to do that, please let me know. Because of work commitments, it's not that easy for me to commit to group classes or Alliance Francaise, so I would be looking for someone who could be a bit flexible? Cheers

hello,
i am student and don't have much time too.
but since am really good in french i can help you.
well when are you free ? we can go for a trial and see if you like it.