A Pathetic Experience of being "SICK". Idiot Doctors.

Helow Fellas,

I Just intend to share a pathetic experience i had (From 26 June till 2nd July).
Yes, i got a minor fever on wednesday and went to see a doctor. The wrong medicines were given and from the first doze, my situation became worst and i was admitted in the hospital. I actually had a throat infection, while the doctor diagnosed a minor malayria. When they actually realized, it was late and Mr. Schaz was on the hospital room in a critical condition. Both of my hands were punctured with the canula / drips etc. I had the worst 6 days of my life being in an extreme body pain and finally yesterday, i was able to respond to life. I just prayed to God that may there will be noone feeling the same what i suffered, especially in Oman.

Secondly, a thought just came into my mind that are the people sitting in Ministry of health, approving third class doctors are idiots ? or they have no control over the man power recruitment (Specially from South India). I seriously doubt about the degrees and the certificates of these doctors who don't know properly how to communicate in english either. They have no command over the patient and they just know which is the medicine to be given (on which they'll get their commission).

Ministry of health must have to look over again the recruitment policies for the doctors or else, im sure like others, this will become only a business and nothing else.

All of you! Be safe and avoid being sick!

God bless us all!!!

that's really sad to know but good to know that you now doing fine. I had experience with my wife as doctor gave her wrong medicine but she was honest enough to call and admit after 5 days. I totally agree that most of the doctors are not competent to come n work here as its serious issue

I really doubt about the selection procedure of the medical personnel out here. I've heared that they have to undergo a MOH written and verbal tests. I don't know on what basis these sort of so called doctors clear those tests and get hired. It might be the influence of the several man power agencies who just have thousands and thousands of people (Specially south indians) in que in the waiting list. And once they're in, they're free to play with us.

I am also equally appalled at the shockingly pathetic quality of these numerous polyclinics in Muscat.

I've been to a few and I know how terrible they (all) are. No clinic is really dependable and no doctor can be trusted.

I feel most of them are total failures in their professions back home and to avoid being unemployed, they manage to find themselves some job, at bargain prices for the clinics who hire them, and land up here. Unfortunately, it is the common man who has to pay the price.

I particularly hate Badr Al Samaa in Ruwi. They're the worst of the lot.

P.S. schaz, you owe your God special thanks for pulling you through :-) !

Dearest Mr. Sumitran!
Thanks for the wishes. I was literally thanking God while being discharged healthy. Just imagine when you realize that you had a medicine of malayria while the infection is of throat. My fever went to 105 degrees and i was out of my mind for many hours.

This is a serious matter and the recruiters of the doctors have to be matured and professional enough. Its all about people's lives and noone can play with it. When they have a very strong recruitment system from Shell and PDO to appoint engineers, why don't they have the same for Doctors ??

You've mentioned Badar Sama (Which is the worst among all). The one which i experienced is Muscat Private Hospital (Considered to be on a higher rating).

schaz wrote:

Dearest Mr. Sumitran!
Thanks for the wishes. I was literally thanking God while being discharged healthy. Just imagine when you realize that you had a medicine of malayria while the infection is of throat. My fever went to 105 degrees and i was out of my mind for many hours.

This is a serious matter and the recruiters of the doctors have to be matured and professional enough. Its all about people's lives and noone can play with it. When they have a very strong recruitment system from Shell and PDO to appoint engineers, why don't they have the same for Doctors ??

You've mentioned Badar Sama (Which is the worst among all). The one which i experienced is Muscat Private Hospital (Considered to be on a higher rating).

Hi schaz,

Shocking to know you had to endure the trauma at Muscat Private Hospital (MCH) ! Yes, indeed it is supposed to be one of Muscat's best hospitals ! Sarah White (of Zubair Museum) died during an operation there, because of post surgery compilations just a few months back.

The problem is polyclinics and hospitals invest a lot on their equipments and so they do all they can to recover their costs – through hook, or by crook. So, medical services have become pure businesses. Money making ventures. Add to that incompetent and cheapy doctors and the common man suffers.

I have no absolutely problem in mentioning ‘Badr Al Samaa' by name, as the worst of the lot. Yes, they indeed are undoubtedly.

Agree with you Mr. Sumitran.
I would also like to specifically alert all the new comers to Oman to please stay safe and select the right doctor as your health is even more important than anything else.

Specifically mentioning "Badar Al Sama" as the worst among all.

God bless all!