Family visa transfer to new company

Hi, as my oman work visa expired, i am changing my company and visa to new company. I have a family visa under my current employer. My question is, 1/ will there be any trouble to change my visa because of the dependent visa under me? 2/. can the dependent/family visa remain under current sponser/company even after i join/change to new company?

@Zakariya619 NO, you are sponsor of your family, if you resign from one company your family visa will automatically expires. You must change their status to new company. Same way if you require NOC from your previous employer you have to take NOC for your family as well.

Your visa will be with your new employer. But your family visa is valid till the end date of the Family visa validity. Next time, at the time of renewal with your family visa, you need to renew with your new employer and cannot be renewed with the old employer.

Answer to your question:

1. will there be any trouble to change my visa because of the dependent visa under me?

No trouble.  You can change your visa with your new employer and continue you dependent/Family visa with old employer.

2/. can the dependent/family visa remain under current sponser/company even after i join/change to new company?

Yes.  It can be remain with your current/old employer/sponsor even after you join to new company.

@aasishv Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I am impressed. I hope your answer has relevant references to similar situations, may be your friends or self. Good luck dear.

@Zakariya619 @Zakariya619 Thank you Zakariya for your kind response. This information is based on my case. I have confirmed with my PRO few weeks ago. According to PRO, family visa stay remains valid with old employer/sponsor till the end date of visa expiry eventhough we change the job to other employer/sponsor.   My case, I changed my sponsor and PRO said that they will change my family visa after visa expiry of old sponsor/employer.

The reply is as per the information and direct discussion with my current PRO.

@aasishv That's great. Good to hear from you again. Stay blessed!

@Zakariya619 hi zakariya, there will be no issue or trouble if you change the sponsor and your family will remain under the current sponsor. i am the example, i transferred my visa in march 2022 and my family visa was going to expire in december so i transferred them in december 2022. so no issues. 

@asimbahmed1 thanks for your reply, Asim bro.

Hi, I am assuming there will be no issue in travelling too. I plan to travel to Dubai by road. I will be on a new sponsor visa and my family on the older one. Getting into Dubai is not an issue as we hold US visa. My concern is Oman border. Will they make an issue both at the time of exit and entry ?

@aasishv

hi there. I just read your comments. Same question here.

currently I am live in salalah oman under a family visa. But my husband got a new job in Muscat oman and he is going to quite his current job.

So I am asking you is it ok with my family visa or my family visa get cancelled. 😭

@Zakariya619

hi I am also in the same problem right now. I just read your post and the replies that you got from others. Can I know what happened to your problem. How you got solved it ?

@shoaibahmed could you pls update the same

Have y sorted this out

Bcz i too want to travel out with my family this week

dependents are still in old sponsor but validi until next year and i still didntchange them to current sponsor as validity is there

My family has been in Oman for 12 years. I joined the new company now. When I checked the family visa from the old company, my current company has given me a project visa for 9 months, so the family visa is not valid. Is there any other option?

hello I am currently working and i am on my work visa here in Oman. My to be husband is also working in Oman, I want to know if I can switch my work visa to family visa through his company because I want to resign from my job. is that possible? if yes, how long will the process take because I am assuming once I resign before my contract ends I have to go back to my country?

Also if I find another job can I leave before my contract ends? can the new employer simply transfer my work visa under their name? without any trouble from my current employer?

If you have completed 2years visa with one company then you can switch in new job without noc and no need to exit from Oman.

If you will transfer in your husband visa so you can not change quickly again and before changing new job visa or husband visa must contact to husband company PRO.

Can you give me any updated ?

Hi, I am also these day suffering above pproblem.My husband's work visa already has been changed to new sponsor,but still my dependent visa is under his old sponsor, But next month I have to go my homecountry in temporary. I have more than 1 year time duration for cancel my residence card.my problems are,without changine my visa under his new sponsor

1)when I will travel to my homecountry ,will be problem in here airport ?

2)Can I comeback here without any problem with that residence card before expire date?

@Kalpaneegodakanda

My employee visa got changes to new company but my family visa is still valid with old employer.

they are in india right now so is there any problem at airport in muscat if they come with old employer visa.

Is there anyone who can advise us please.

My employee visa got changes to new company but my family visa is still valid with old employer.

they are in india right now so is there any problem at airport in muscat if they come with old employer visa.

Is there anyone who can advise please.