Visa Cancellation

Sir/Madam,
I am a Indian citizen. While coming back from oman i did not cancel my employment visa. Now i got a new job to work in oman, due to my previous employment visa i could not able to get the current employer visa. Please advise

Dear Indiancitizen,
You cant get a fresh employment visa unless you cancel your previous employment visa. After your exit date from Oman at least six months lapse period is mandatory for your visa to get automatically cancelled. You can discuss with your current employer who has offered you the job.

Indiancitizen,
I personally assume you tried to play safe by not resigning the previous employer and accepted the offer from the new one. The rules in Middle East donot support this.

You must have to resign and cancel the visa in order to obtain the new visa. You'll then only be eligible for a new employement visa. So come back, resign safely and exit peacefully!

Dear Guys

Kindly advice me on this..

I returned back from oman before 8 months . My visa is valid upto this Nov.
Is it possible for me to enter oman with new sponsor..

As long as you are holding a valid visa, you cannot have a second one on the same passport.

Since you have left Oman 8 months back and as your visa has not been cancelled while you exited, in all probability, your employer would have got your visa cancelled (when you didn't return) and would have also filed a case of 'Absconding', since obviously you have not officially exited Oman. So when you reapply for a new visa, your past transgressions will clearly show up.

I don't know the background of your going back / not getting your visa cancelled, but from what little you have mentioned, it doesn't bode too well.

Hii,,  Frnds.       Need  advice   if  i m  from oman on emergency  and not come back oman . Then how many days i cant came back in oman if my visa not cancle or valid . Can I cancle my visa from  India . And  I can't go any other gulf country if my visa valid or not cancle. Pleas plz plz. Giv me reply frnds.

please advice ---------

some dispute was going on with my wife  she left the oman 3 months before and yesterday suddenly she came back and went with some one else, neighter she contacted nor informed me about her arrival, she is on my family visa can she do something wrong ?  as in india she tried a lot to send me prison, please advice how can I cancel her visa ?? or if she got any job will she be on my family visa, some body told me that she is trying to remove my name from the spouse column ( she already made the fake divorce papers and attested by notary )

ansari88 wrote:

Hii,,  Frnds.       Need  advice   if  i m  from oman on emergency  and not come back oman . Then how many days i cant came back in oman if my visa not cancle or valid . Can I cancle my visa from  India . And  I can't go any other gulf country if my visa valid or not cancle. Pleas plz plz. Giv me reply frnds.

Hi ansari88,

If you have left Oman without formally cancelling your employment via, then your visa would be kept active for a period of 6-months from the date of your departure.

No, you cannot cancel your employment visa from India.

You may / may not travel to any other GCC country if you have a valid Omani employment visa.

wasimtcl wrote:

please advice ---------

some dispute was going on with my wife  she left the oman 3 months before and yesterday suddenly she came back and went with some one else, neighter she contacted nor informed me about her arrival, she is on my family visa can she do something wrong ?  as in india she tried a lot to send me prison, please advice how can I cancel her visa ?? or if she got any job will she be on my family visa, some body told me that she is trying to remove my name from the spouse column ( she already made the fake divorce papers and attested by notary )

Hi wasimtcl,

First speak to your employer and get your wife's name removed from your family joining visa.

Then for all practical purposes, she would become an unofficial resident.

In Oman, your wife has little or no power when she is on your dependent visa.

Good morning. Because of very personal reason, I resigned from my job and left Oman last February, 2017. I waited for my employer at the airport from 9pm to 10:50pm. I was the last passenger to check-in after a 3 calls made by the personnel of Qatar Airways to my employer. That was 10minutes when my principal arrived. I was surprised when she told me that they will just cancel me once I arrived to my country since the sponsor wasn't around. Although, I have sensed something was wrong since on the night before I left I knew that the papers for my cancellation  were already ready and that they repeatedly called me that night to send my passport copy where my visa was indicated which I did.I was susurprised that on the night that I left my principal told me that I could not be cancelled due to my sponsor's absence yet I and my sponsor had communicated on a broad day on that day that I was about to leave. My principal is one of the owners of the school and my sponsor too. Nevertheless, because I trusted the words of my principal that she will just cancel me even if I will be outside Oman and because of my excitement to go home plus the waiting of the QA personnel for me to be on board I agreed.Since I left Oman I never stop communicating to my principal and to my sponsor. I resent again all my passport copies which indicated my departure and arrival. I did this for so many times but my principal neither my sponsor has given me a clear answer when I asked about the status of my cancellation.  Since I got worried, my sister who is working in Oman now tried to get an access in the immigration in order to check my status and there she found out that for 2 months now since I left Oman my working visa is not yet cancelled. I immediately messaged my principal about this and she told me in a message that for now she cannot me and that I have to wait 6 months because it was what the Ministry told her. 
I just would like to ask the following questions;
1. Is this what the law really says in Oman that I could only be cancelled after 6 months? Is there an automatic cancellation?
2. My working visa will expire on December, 2018 and my resident card as well. What will happen to my resident card. If I will be  cancelled after 6 months just like what my principal told me will it be true also to my resident card?
3 Since I am not yet cancelled, can I still travel to Oman using my working visa?
4. If in case my principal will wait for re 6 months period what will possibly happen to me?
5. Is there any government agency who can look into my concern where my sister can seek help on my behalf for the cancellation of my visa?
I know I've got a lot of questions. Although, I have read some similar posts but most of those posts are old ones. Probably, anyone of the members here has a new experience and a new law might have been taken.
I really need your responses. Please help me on this. Thank you in advance and God bless.

Hi ImeeEstellePawee,

Having gone through your anxious post in detail (here, and prior in your private messages), I will jump straight to the queries which you have posed.

1. Is this what the law really says in Oman that I could only be cancelled after 6 months? Is there an automatic cancellation? – If an employee leaves the country without cancelling the employment visa, the law would grant the benefit of the doubt to the employee. The employer is not allowed to cancel the employee's visa, without the employee being present. So the law states that the employer would have to wait for a maximum period of 6-months from the date of the employee‘s departure. If the employee does not return by this period, then it is safe to assume that the employee is not planning on returning to take up the employment. Then the employer is free to cancel that employee's employment visa. And, there is no such thing as an ‘automatic cancellation' of an employment visa.

2. My working visa will expire on December, 2018 and my resident card as well. What will happen to my resident card. If I will be  cancelled after 6 months just like what my principal told me will it be true also to my resident card? – Upon the completion of the 6-month waiting period, if you do not return, your employment visa would be cancelled upon request of your sponsor / employer. Once your employment visa gets cancelled, then automatically, your Resident Card's validity becomes void.

3. Since I am not yet cancelled, can I still travel to Oman using my working visa? – Yes you can, as you are still officially a registered resident of the Sultanate.

4. If in case my principal will wait for re 6 months period what will possibly happen to me? – After 6-months, your employer is free to cancel your employment visa. Some employers do not choose to do so which means the employee who has exited cannot even think of taking up any other employment since the employment visa is still valid. This used to be a rampant practice prior to the NOC days when the employer chooses to be spiteful toward the employee who has ‘absconded'. Now, since the employment visa is valid, then taking up employment elsewhere within the GCC would also not be possible, since your passport cannot bear two valid employment visas during the same validity period – for obvious reasons !

5. Is there any government agency who can look into my concern where my sister can seek help on my behalf for the cancellation of my visa? – Since your sister is here, you could try to lodge a formal complaint with the Ministry of Manpower through her. They can look into the issue and bring it to an amicable closure. Similarly, you can also route your complaint through your country's embassy here in Muscat.

And lastly, since the rules are pretty much the same there would be no significant change to what has been discussed in the forum prior, to now.

Thank you very much Mr. Sumitran. I would like to know if my employer can include me to those black listed individuals. I am worried because of what she did to me prior to my flight then maybe she will do something to me in case my sister will insist. And since you told me that my employer cannot cancel me without my presence  then would it be appropriate that she might as well possibly do harm on me? My colleague told me that our principal told her that she didn't cancel me yet so that I can still go back to Oman to teach to other schools in case I want to but why she said this way where in fact I resigned and had a graceful exit and told her that I don't have any intention of coming back to Oman neither to other GCC country since I returned to my job in the government.
When you said that my sister can go to the Philippine Embassy in Oman or to the Ministry of Manpower will it be anytime from now without waiting the 6 months period?
Thank you very much for your response. It helped me a lot. God bless.

Hi ImeeEstellePawee,

Unfair as it might be, the labour laws are skewed to favour the employer more than the employee. That is the hard truth here in the Sultanate.

In your case, if your employer chooses to make things difficult for you, they can do so very easily - more so since you are no more in the country and your employment visa is still valid.

Yes, if you file a formal complaint it would be taken up even before the 6-month waiting period since yo have clearly declared your interest in not returning to continue on with the job here.

However, in your own interest, you should try to get your visa cancelled without any incident. Taking an aggressive approach against your employer may not be a very good idea given your circumstances.

Hello! Can you please give me some advice. I will now oman for cancelation going back to Philippines but i will come again after 2weeks to other company. It's possible to go out in oman even if i will not settle my credit card or other bills? Thank you so much

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, i have a working visa here in oman as a barber, im aleeady here in oman fo almost 3 months, but i applied to a retail company as a sales associate. Now my employer in my company as a barber is willing to give me a NOC.is there any problem regarding my visa?do you think the ministry of oman will allow me to change my visa from barber to sales associate?thank u..

Jaoserizal wrote:

Hi, i have a working visa here in oman as a barber, im aleeady here in oman fo almost 3 months, but i applied to a retail company as a sales associate. Now my employer in my company as a barber is willing to give me a NOC.is there any problem regarding my visa?do you think the ministry of oman will allow me to change my visa from barber to sales associate?thank u..

If your new employer has proper justification that can be given to the ministry of manpower that they are hiring a barber as a sales associate, your case may proceed. Do you have any relevant qualification, pertaining to business or sales ? That could be an added advantage in your profile. But as they say, anything can be possible in Oman. Wish you best of luck brother.

Actually most of my work experience is in sales i have 7 yrs experince as a sales associate..thank u brother.

Actually most of my work experience is in sales i have 7 yrs experince as a sales associate..thank u brother.

Hi mr schaz,what if the ministry will allow to change my visa,.can i start right away in my new work or i need to wait for a few months? And do i need to exit first and then go back again with a new visa?thank u again brother for helping us..

As always... Sumitran rocks... Nice way of answering  :cool:

Well i have one question, I am working in Oman now and my visa will get over in Nov 2018 and i have received job offer from Kuwait. Can i go ahead with the new offer in kuwait without cancelling ny Oman visa? Consultancy guy told me that If you will not cancel your current visa then your PCCP will be on hold and they will not clear your PCCP test.

Please guide me...

Hi shariq07,

It is never a good idea to leave a foreign country with any unfinished business- however small it may be. Else, you never know when something could come back to haunt you.

Since you are anyway going to relocate to a different country, you do not need your last employer's NOC. So it would be immensely advisable for you to get all the issues formally cleared - like closing your bank accounts, settling all loan dues if any, closing your credit cards after clearing all outstanding amounts, paying your phone bills and closing your phone accounts, and lastly getting your employment visa cancelled through proper means.

If you do these, you will be glad to leave with a heart free of any worries or fears.

Hello ma'am and sir
I need some info
I'm working here in oman for 1 year and half and I want to resign for how long I can't comeback here in oman

for how long I can't comeback here in oman

Without NOC, 2 years and with NOC, no restriction.

Hi friends,I am working in Oman since January 2018 and my visa is valid till November 2019..!! I am planning to go back to India without informing my Employer as he has not paid me from 3 months...!! Will my visa get cancelled or will I get banned to oman if I go without informing my employer or can I come back again and cancel my visa !!! Please help me with answers !!

Regards

Hi Ahmedian

Its frustrating if you dont get paid after your hard work. Please remember its not good idea leaving Oman without proper steps being taken for your departure.

First, if you dont get paid, you can always  get help from your embassy and you can also report the matter to  the Ministry of Manpower to resolve the matter amicably. Even if you decide to return to India, still you have to cancel the visa before you depart and for this you will need your company PRO at the airport. If you leave Oman without cancellation of visa, your employer may vindictively report you to be absconding and file a criminal case against you; which may badly affect your future visa application for other GCC conutries as well.

The good thing about getting the Minsitry of Manpower involved is that there is high chance to get your payment and if you decide to go back, you may get the ticket to India from the Ministry of Manpower if the employer does not provide you with one.  Moreover, you may also seek protection from undue adversaries from th employer.

Further, if you leave Oman without NOC, you will be banned from re-entry to Oman for a period of 2 years from the date of your departure.

Finally, my advice to you is to fight for your money at least before you leave Oman.

@Misyal dear misyal i exit muscat 7months already finished... But my visa is valid for june 25. After this date can i re enter to oman. Without cancel satmp on my passport of prevoius visa