Visa block

Hello there!
This is Manoj from Muscat
Recently I heard a news that if we abscond from the job without any prior information to the company our passport will be blocked and we cannot go further to any of the GCCs for job, is that true? I read it in a malayalam magazine.
Please anyone clarify.

I believe (from many threads here) that's the case.
If you think about it, you're running away from a legally binding contract that might very well have cost your employer a lot of money so it seems reasonable.

Hai Mr.fred so it that true or a fake news?

Hi Manojprabakar24,

There are umpteen posts on the same subject in the forum. Kindly do a simple site search with some relevant keywords and you will get more than enough information on the said topic.

Actually, the repercussions can be much worse than not just being allowed entry. There have been cases where an expatriate employee has got arrested upon arrival in another country's airport as there was a 'look-out' notice issued on the person's name.

If an expatriate 'absconds' the penalties can vary between mild to severe, depending on how annoyed / kind the sponsor / employer is / was.

So, if you are planning to 'abscond' better to drop that idea. If you have any plans, even remote of returning to any of the countries in and around the region.

Thanks a lot Mr. Sumitran, I'm not in a plan to abscond I've got a good job and I'm satisfied, this post is just to clarify my doubt, anyways thanks for your reply

Hello there, Sir/Madam

I came to Bangladesh 3 years ago with a fine of 900 riyals. Can I enter now?
And how can I check if my name is on the block list. Please let me know how to open the block.

Thanks Everyone

Hi dohamasum4,

Until your papers are sent for visa processing, it is next to impossible for an expat to know whether his / her name is on the 'red' list.

And, in the case of a ban or block to enter the Sultanate, there is nothing an expat can do to bypass the system and enter the country again - legally.

Hello sir
Iam working oman 2 years.my visa expired already.Now I wanna go back my country.But my sponser wanna block and put in redlist.Is that possible?Until now I didn't make any problem?pls help me.How can I solve the issues?If I file case in Cort there is any benefits?

Hello there!
This is Manoj from Muscat
Recently I heard a news that if we abscond from the job without any prior information to the company our passport will be blocked and we cannot go further to any of the GCCs for job, is that true ... - @Manojprabakar24

How can I remove my blocked passport 

@mdshowkot355 what do you mean? Even passport? Can they do blocked also???

If my visa is blocked can I travel to other countries that are not part of the GCC like America, Canada, China Etc. Kindly assist. I am in that situation now

@dohamasum4

Hi

There is way to check if any block is imposed on your passport or any ban on your re-entry to Oman.

You don't have to wait to apply for visa application to know that info either. The way is legal and formal ROP documentation can be provided as well.

Hope the above answers your question.

@Manojprabakar24

If you abscond from work, your employer MAY report you to MOL/ROP as absconding. There are some procedures to follow for the employer to even initiate the reporting. There may be other bars for your employer that are likely to deter him to report. For example his CR itself is blocked or he is in violation regarding other employee matters in which cases he may not go to report you or even if he tries, MOL/ROP will not entertain him.

However, if you abscond and your visa expires, you will have to return to your employer for renewal unless you go on tanajul or visa transfer. If you overstays your visa, you won't be allowed to leave Oman without OUTPASS or payment of fine by your employer. That is a big hassle, hope you would be reasonably deciding before you even think of absconding.

Coming to your question whether you will be barred from entering other GCC countries due to your bloc in Oman, it depends on the reason why you are blocked and what action has been taken so far against you resulting in that bloc.

Hope the above clarifies the matter.

My Friend asking he was living earlier in other gcc  country and has little credit card payment pending.

he applied oman visit and he got it.  if he come to oman do he have to face any issue or ban while come to oman ,

Your problem in one GCC country isnt relevant to other GCC countries so dont worry. many people have employment issue or debt in one GCC country but are working in another GCC country.