Anti spam system & new rules

Hi,

in order to ensure quality to our users, and to considerably reduce the number of spam sent by private messages, we decided to set up a few new rules.

But we'll start with a few explanations.

Our definition of spam ?
Unsolicited emails or private messages.

How we detect spam ?
90% of spam is sent by new users
90% of spam are "copy and paste messages"

Please, please...
Don't send the same message to several users without taking the time to explain us how we could help you on the forum.

If you are a new user and if you post more than 5 copy and paste messages, your private message system gets blocked.

Stop asking us to unlock your PM system
You can unblock your private message system by yourself. How can you do that ?

Please take the time to present yourself on the forum, to participate to a few discussions (with real answers), and your private message system will be unlocked. That's it !

thank you

HI im very sorry that my fault

I try to do everything but still not send the mess

jamescraig07 wrote:

hi not sending messages makes expat boring

Because you are unable to spam people makes the site boring? I suggest that this site is NOT for you then. You can always leave and find an alternative site to abuse.

I am sorry I was pasting messages

When you arrive, being new, to a city like Nottingham, where it looks that everything is so boring, and you find a way to meet people from where you come from... the message is the same to all of them. Do you think blocking is really good for all of us that are new? Really? Oh, now I need to write on the forums... I had never used things like this website... Now I know why, thanks.

It's not a copy and paste

How can I unblock messaging?

yunezz wrote:

How can I unblock messaging?

You can activate your message system by simply reading and understanding post #1

If you cannot then your message system will not be activated.

This forum is not a message board or blog site that you just join and then start sending out unwanted messages.

I will try to participate in discussion session regularly.
This is necessary to participate

Kalasha wrote:

I will try to participate in discussion session regularly.
This is necessary to participate

Please post in the appropriate section of the forum not here.

Kalasha wrote:

Anyone can tell me ?
How it will take much time ?

Forever if you keep posting total rubbish on old threads in an attempt to get your PM system working.

usmanpasha wrote:

Please activate my account. Thanks

READ AND UNDERSTAND post #1.

Then you may just find out how to activate your account.

This forum is not a message board or a blog site that you just join up and then expect to send out unwanted messages.

Here you have to earn the right to have your system activated. Only you can do this by following the advice given in post #1

If you cannot understand that then you are wasting your time here.

If you wish to leave the forum then click on 'contact us' at the bottom of this page.

It is not about SPAM all the time, to ask for Acquaintances is another thing we have to look into.

Regards,

ok

unicom wrote:

It is not about SPAM all the time, to ask for Acquaintances is another thing we have to look into.

Regards,

Unwanted unsolicited messages are classed as spam on this forum. To introduce yourself on the forum you need to open new posts, introduce yourself.

unblock

Okay am sorry, I really understood your rules now. please kindly unblock my message.

thank you so much
sorry for violating rules

Feminizm wrote:

Okay am sorry, I really understood your rules now. please kindly unblock my message.

Take the time to read post #1. You are the only one who can activate your message system.

hello. its not any spam or something like that... i am iranian boy want to come to ecuador and want to have information... so i send the question from the people in the area in the respect way. please unblock me to ask and follow my responds .... plz.... thanks a lot

any one here to help ? aloooooo....

i want to emigrate to ecuador... from iran... is there anyone in the area to reply my questions ? 39 years old single

Hi Shahin1978,

Please avoid sending copy paste via your private message system.

There is Ecuador forum on the website, where you can ask your questions, members will try to help you.

Thank you for your understanding.
Christine
Expat.com team

Sorry, did not realise that.

yeah , just do this way , no other choice

me too , just sent several message to the people who I want to know

Good discrition

I am new to the site and i definitely didn't know of this rule, so, where is this forum and what shall I write??

thank you

I am not sending spam, My Name is phigar brown  from benin Republic.. I'm just 2 days here in istanbul and i need friend to talk with..

phigarbrown wrote:

I am not sending spam, My Name is phigar brown  from benin Republic.. I'm just 2 days here in istanbul and i need friend to talk with..

Well you need to go to the correct section of the forum and post there.
Just remember that sending out unwanted or unsolicited messages is considered spam on this forum.

SHAHIN1978 wrote:

thanks for reminding... by the way ... plz say how could i approach to the guys who are in ecuador??????? merc

Open a new thread on the Ecuador forum and introduce yourself.

Kyle Logan wrote:

I am new to the site and i definitely didn't know of this rule, so, where is this forum and what shall I write??

Read post #1 on this thread.

oh ok, I am sorry for mistakes made up. I didn't mean to. I just want to join the community where people from any countries san gathering together as I used to before.  How to do it? I don't know how to meet people around the city, in Medan.
Any body can help? Let's  gathering.
Emma Matondang

I was just looking for guidance from people you are living in HCM city. I was not aware about this policy.
Please unblock my message option so that if I get any trouble there I can ask someone from my contact list.

Thanks
Zeeshan

Hi Everyone,

You should please go to the correct forum destination and ask your questions there, instead of contacting every member via your private message. And please read the code of conduct on the forum !

Thank you.

Thank you, Cristina.

changwong16 wrote:

please unblock my private message

Your adverts are welcome in the Housing section at the top of this page but are not allowed on the open forums or the PM system.
Housing adverts in the correct section are free of charge.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR