Visit visa Bahrain

Hi there,

My wife is going to fly to Bahrain on December 4th to join me. I don't have a CPR yet as I am in the process of getting my Iqama (i work in Saudi and live in Bahrain)
Upon arrival She should get a visit visa valid 15 days? I understand that it can be renewed once in Bahrain and then she will have to fly to Doha for renewal?
Is that correct?
Richard

Yes it is correct. But since she is your wife, you should be able to bring her here permanently after you get your CPR sorted.

brightonguy wrote:

Yes it is correct. But since she is your wife, you should be able to bring her here permanently after you get your CPR sorted.

Thanks.

Hi Khaima and welcome to the forum,

Actually, even though Brightonguy is usually a very reliable source of intel, I'm afraid that he might be wrong today.
Visa on arrival are available only for certain nationalities.
I you are Algerian, as suggested by the flag on your profile, your wife must apply for her visa before departure and furthermore, must provide a recommendation letter.
I strongly suggest you to have everything checked before jumping in the plane :D
I also know as a fact that visas are so easy to obtain for people coming from North Africa.

Hope everything will work smooth for you.
You'll find HERE a little information about visas in Bahrain.

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Kaima,

I agree Oliver,

only certain nationalities can get on arrival visa,
in your case I advise to bring her on permanent visa (RP).

regards,
Ali

Sincere apologies - I usually check the flag but I must have missed it this time. Really sorry and thanks to Olivier for clarification.

I just looked at that link you provided Olivier and it said that certain nationalities can get a tourist visit visa for 2 weeks. I thought that it was also possible to get a visa for 3 months on arrival ( am Irish) or have the rules changed ?

I think 3 months rule only applies to UK nationals.

Olivier-France wrote:

Hi Khaima and welcome to the forum,

Actually, even though Brightonguy is usually a very reliable source of intel, I'm afraid that he might be wrong today.
Visa on arrival are available only for certain nationalities.
I you are Algerian, as suggested by the flag on your profile, your wife must apply for her visa before departure and furthermore, must provide a recommendation letter.
I strongly suggest you to have everything checked before jumping in the plane :D
I also know as a fact that visas are so easy to obtain for people coming from North Africa.

Hope everything will work smooth for you.
You'll find HERE a little information about visas in Bahrain.

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Olivier,

I am not Algerian eventhough born in Algeria (ages ago!)
We both are French and we just entered Bahrain this evening. So my obtained a15 days visit visa and immigration told us that it can be renewed once for another 15 days and then she have to exit the country and re-enter? The question is is there any way to have a visit visa ith longer duration?
I work in Saudi and should have my Iquama next week. Then I was told that I would get a CPR in Bahrain and then my wife could alo get a CPR.... Very complex though!!

Yes, for French nationals, I can confidently say you will be issued a 15 day visa and then you can extend if for another 15 days. So once a month, your wife will need to fly to Doha or Dubai or anywhere nearby and fly back to have another visa issues for her. But this should not take months. As soon as you get your CPR, you can start her application process. Make sure you bring your marriage documents with you though, they will be necessary to speed up the process. They might ask for English translations of those documents so be prepared.

brightonguy wrote:

Yes, for French nationals, I can confidently say you will be issued a 15 day visa and then you can extend if for another 15 days. So once a month, your wife will need to fly to Doha or Dubai or anywhere nearby and fly back to have another visa issues for her. But this should not take months. As soon as you get your CPR, you can start her application process. Make sure you bring your marriage documents with you though, they will be necessary to speed up the process. They might ask for English translations of those documents so be prepared.

Thanks a lot. Wedding certificate has been translated in Arabic and attested by Saudi Embassy in Paris
Croos fingers
Cheers
Richard

That's good news. Then you are good to go.

Don't want to open a new topic since it's so similar. I'm working in Saudi and living in Bahrain as well, and would like to bring my fiancé here. I'm Croatian, so is she. I do have Saudi Iqama but not Bahraini CPR. Will getting a CPR help me, and if yes, what do I need to do to get that CPR. Also what else needs to be done to bring here over. Thank you.

hi Khaima,
as you already have noticed, you can get a 2 weeks visit visa upon arrival at the airport, you may however extend this visa to a total of 3 months in 2 and 4 weeks intervals though).

you can not get the 3 months visit visa upon arrivals.

in order to get a CRP you need to have a job contract or own a business here or even be a student at an approved university here.

as a rule of the thumb, all citizen belonging to the EU can apply for a visit visa at the airport but i remember i have asked about Croatia some time ago and the answer was a negative one.

you better call the immigration phone number at the bahrain international airport for updated info on this.

flying_circus wrote:

Don't want to open a new topic since it's so similar. I'm working in Saudi and living in Bahrain as well, and would like to bring my fiancé here. I'm Croatian, so is she. I do have Saudi Iqama but not Bahraini CPR. Will getting a CPR help me, and if yes, what do I need to do to get that CPR. Also what else needs to be done to bring here over. Thank you.

thanks tariqd, i checked online and you are spot on.

Another fact. She works for a Bahraini company (we were targeting only Bahraini company so she can come here and work), but they told here to work from home. Why would company do that? How much does it cost a company to issue a visa? If I pay for it would company be willing to sponsor her?
She doesn't want me to ask the company, as she just recently got that job and doesn't feel comfortable to approach about the issue.

Bahrini companies have restriction regarding how many visas they can apply for, this is to help local bahrini citizens find enough jobs.
therefore, for some companies, if you offer them to pay for the visa fees it will not be good enough for them, however, every company has its own individual scenario.
moreover, some companies will not be entitled to get visas for certain professions especially if the company's CR is nor matching to the candidate's education / profession.

your gf can still apply to study in an "approved" university while she is working from home, this way, the university will sponsor her visa.

flying_circus wrote:

thanks tariqd, i checked online and you are spot on.

Another fact. She works for a Bahraini company (we were targeting only Bahraini company so she can come here and work), but they told here to work from home. Why would company do that? How much does it cost a company to issue a visa? If I pay for it would company be willing to sponsor her?
She doesn't want me to ask the company, as she just recently got that job and doesn't feel comfortable to approach about the issue.