Looking for French lessons in exchange for German or English lessons

Hi there

I will be moving to Mauritius on 15 September - North of island - and would really like to improve my French skills a.s.a.p.

I did French at school for 3 years and have started brushing up on my skills through an online course - I think skills wise I am probably at advanced beginners' level.

What I am looking for is a patient native French speaker who would be happy to converse in French with me - maybe once a week over a cup of coffee? - to give me an opportunity to practise what I learn online, informally and without pressure. In exchange I can offer German or English language tuition. Either informally or I could work through any course materials with you that you'd like to bring?

I'm a German national but have lived in English speaking countries for the past 15 years.

I thought this might be an nice idea to exchange our skills without exchange of money, and an opportunity to meet new people?

Hoping to hear from some interested people..

Cheers
Monika

Hi Monika and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll get a lot of new contacts here.;)

Do not forget that we have a francophone forum, where you'll be able to interact in french.:)

You may also post an advert in the Community section of Mauritius classifieds, it may help.

Harmonie.

hello Harmonie

thank you for your message and for the links that's great - will try both as suggested :)

cheers

Monika