Regarding Employment Pass transfer

Hi

I want to seek your guidance regarding a particular situation wherein a person has entered Singapore with a valid In-Principle Approval to join a company A (lets say).
After coming to Singapore, even before he applied for the Employment Pass to the MOM, he receives another employment offer from another company B (lets say) in Singapore.

Now, as the person is interested to accept the 2nd offer which appears to be better than the offer from A.

Is it possible to transfer the employment pass to employer B or any other possible solution to counter this situation ?

Looking for your kind guidance.

With thanks.
Worldtourer

Hello Worldtourer.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can read this article on Work Visas in Singapore. It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

No, not possible.
An EP is tied to one company.
Thus, to change employer, you would have to cancel the first and apply for a new EP.
There is no guarantee that the second one will be granted - in which case you have no job.

Thanks Beppi for your reply.

But I came across the piece of information below at MOM website which may be a possible solution.

Please rectify me if required.

Transfer of employees

An employer has the right to transfer his employees to another employer. He may do so if there is a restructuring of the organisation. This may involve another company and can be a merger, take-over, sale of parts of the employer's operation or setting up a subsidiary company. The employees can therefore be transferred to a related company such as a subsidiary or associated company, or to a totally unrelated company.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practi … ation.aspx

You did not mention that company B is taking part in a merger, take-over, sale of parts of the company with company A, or is a newly set-up subsidiary of company A.
If that is the case, then they (company A) can of course apply to transfer you to company B, by sending the relevant legal documents (e.g. contracts between the companies) to MoM.

Well, I always believe that Human Resources are all about common sense. With this in mind, that person should:

(1) Inform Company A that he is not taking up the offer
(2) Company A has to cancel the AIP
(3) The person accepts offer from Company B;
(4) Company B has to apply EP with MOM

Company A will not transfer the AIP from MOM to Company B. AIP is not formal EP.

That should be the way. Hope it helps.