USA Diploma attested ....can I do it in UK

Hi, i am considering to aacept a position in Saudi. The troulle comes with the attestation of my educational document. I live in UK and havea diplom from USA University. AS i understand UK will not attest it and everything has to be done in USA. Does anyone know agencies which could help me or I will need to go personaly to USA to sort it out? Thanks

Pls be clear, Do you mean the attestation from the University or from the Embassy/consulate ??

If it is from the university, then I fear you will have to go there personally or some of your close aide can do it on your behalf.

And if it is to be done from an embassy - the company where you are going to accept the offer will be having a local agent in that respective country, USA in your case and You can ask for the address, talk to them and send your certificate to them for attestaion. (This is the process which I did, from India - I assume it would be the same in your case too) :)

lampa wrote:

Hi, i am considering to aacept a position in Saudi. The troulle comes with the attestation of my educational document. I live in UK and havea diplom from USA University. AS i understand UK will not attest it and everything has to be done in USA. Does anyone know agencies which could help me or I will need to go personaly to USA to sort it out? Thanks

When I got my visa, all I had to do to have my diploma verified was go to either www.degreeverify.org or, www.degreechk.com. (as I recall, it cost $5).

I had to  print-out the verification and attach it to a copy of my diploma.

But I also had to include an official transcript in a sealed envelope and this is the part that will take some time if it's coming to you from the USA.

saimans wrote:

Pls be clear, Do you mean the attestation from the University or from the Embassy/consulate ??

If it is from the university, then I fear you will have to go there personally or some of your close aide can do it on your behalf.

And if it is to be done from an embassy - the company where you are going to accept the offer will be having a local agent in that respective country, USA in your case and You can ask for the address, talk to them and send your certificate to them for attestaion. (This is the process which I did, from India - I assume it would be the same in your case too) :)

saimans, I didn't have to do anything in person.  See above.

Thank you so much.
Alliecat, did you need to put a stamp in Saudi Cultural Bureau in USA? Thanks

I'll just cut/paste the directions from the Visa Agent in the US.  I hope you get the info you need.

The following is required of each candidate:

1.Passport (valid for more than six months) having two empty, side-by-side visa pages with no markings at all on those pages.
2. One Saudi visa application form (you can download from our website: www.diranvisa.com)
3. Four passport-size photos on a white background
4. Police clearance report from the US
5. Copy of college/university degree *
    You must your diploma verified from either www.degreeverify.org or, www.degreechk.com.
Make sure you print-out the verification and attach it to your diploma.
6. Updated official transcript in sealed envelope*
7. Medical Report -- three copies (you can download from our website). Make sure the employee has complete physical and lab tests as indicated on the front sheet of the Medical Report. Original lab results (and two copies) MUST accompany the medical report form. The original x-ray is not to be sent – only the radiologist's reading of the x-ray. Doctor must sign in the original on each of the three copies, making note of his/her license number, address, phone number and fax number. The Medical report must be done in the U.S., unless the candidate has privileges at the U.S. Military Base abroad. The medical report and lab work are good for only 90 days.

Notes:
You must provide a copy of your letter of offer or contract with your visa application material.

If you have worked in Saudi Arabia at any point within the last three years, you must provide a Letter of No Objection from your previous employer.

If you have an Israeli entry/exit visa stamp in your passport, we suggest you obtain a new passport.

* See Below for Application for Authentication of Documents
The following sample is the to be used by those employees who have graduated from US colleges/universities only.  Each candidate must write a letter to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Education Section requesting authentication of their diploma.

Application For Authentication of Document (copy of diploma)

Name of Employee: [candidate's name]
Name of the Employer:
Name of the Courier Agency: Diran Visa Service

The following documents are needed:

1. A letter from the individual, stating the reason for authentication, with a contact number (e.g., "I have accepted a position with _________ as [job title] and I would like to legalize my degree so that I may apply for a work visa.)
2. Copy of your passport
3. Authorization letter from the applicant to allow Saudi Mission to obtain information about his academic record.
4. Name of the college/university and telephone # of the registrar or the records office.
5. Verification letter from the registrar's office at the college/university including your SS# (school ID#) and the telephone # of the contact person at the registrar's/record's office. This letter must be in a sealed envelope.

When I had to do this for Emirates, I had to certify my diploma by notary , than by California Secretary of State, after that by Federal secretary of State…and at the end by UAE embassy in USA.
I can not see that I have to do the same procedure for Saudi. In the list you posted I need to  verify diplom on the internet site suggested and  have  “Updated official transcript in sealed envelope”. Does this mean that I have to do the procedure with notaries? Sorry, I just don't get the procedure.

lampa wrote:

When I had to do this for Emirates, I had to certify my diploma by notary , than by California Secretary of State, after that by Federal secretary of State…and at the end by UAE embassy in USA.
I can not see that I have to do the same procedure for Saudi. In the list you posted I need to  verify diplom on the internet site suggested and  have  “Updated official transcript in sealed envelope”. Does this mean that I have to do the procedure with notaries? Sorry, I just don't get the procedure.

For the official transcript, you have to send a request to the registrar at your college asking for it.  When it arrives to you, DON'T OPEN IT!  What makes it 'official' is the seal on the envelope.

Now, the infor I posted for you was for an American.  Maybe it's different for you, I don't know.  Why don't you call a visa agent where you are and see if he'll give you the infor on what exactly you need to do?

I dont think it makes a difference where I am (in UK). It is where you get your diploma (in USA). And if the diploma is from USA Uni, I have to do it in USA.

smh. she laid out exactly what you needed

Alliecat wrote:

saimans, I didn't have to do anything in person.  See above.

Thats the really best part when you come from a developed nation and also where the systems are in place and such trivial things can be done in a jiffy !! I had to do the University attestaion by myself and believe me it was a big Pain !!

And by the time I got one thing attested, the rules used to get changed and then something else needed the attestation .... huh

After work visa stamped on passport for how long its valid. How many days available to travel to Saudia.

RehabDoctor wrote:

After work visa stamped on passport for how long its valid. How many days available to travel to Saudia.

Its Valid for 90 Days !

saimans wrote:
RehabDoctor wrote:

Its Valid for 90 Days !

Thanks @saimans