Getting married in Egypt

I am getting married in Egypt in July. I am from the United States.  I was wondering  if I was able to get my proof of religion notarized by someone other that the US embassy or is it only valid if done by the consulate in the states? I don't  gave a consulate near my state.

Thanks for your words
#Support Egypt

You're the best ! Amazing reply.
May Allah bless you both :)
I hope you can still see my reply . I am Egyptian and he is swedish.
He must have a resident card to be able to marry me.. how is that possible? he's just a student.

I am returning to Australia. Can any one recommend a honest,reliable shipping company I actually do not have a lot of furniture so I am hoping to share a container.
My second  alternative was moving my furniture to Dubai as I have friends there who will be returning to Australia in a year
Any help would be appreciated

Hello,

I am both Swiss and Egyptian and i would like to know if anybody is in same situation. I don t know if i should marry as a Swiss or as an Egyptian.

Thanks in adva ce

First your proof needs to have an apostille stamp ... Google it and you will see what how and where ... this will evidence it as genuine ..  I dont believe your embassy or consulate will stamp this ... also check the American embassy website ... they have a very good document for down load on getting married in Egypt...

Thank you everyone for all of this helpful and wonderful information 😊

@moazoly As far as I know you can get this done at the US embassy in Cairo or any one within Egypt aswell.
If not, can you repost that info here and your solution because I am In a similar situation :) good luck and thank you :)

Anyone does need to help, i am married to an American woman in Cairo 7 months ago.

Hi,
As our experience, you should get marry like an Egyptian if you decide to stay in Egypt. If not, marry like an a Swiss.
We are American ( my husband original is Egyptian) , he decided to marry as an Egyptian with an American . So things went out more difficult than he thought. Also they added my father name on my name which was terrible to proof that my name was the same on my passport.
Most of my friends that married Egyptians outside the country, they could not use their married contract in egypt. Coz the law does not except or recognize them all. So they have to remarry again in Cairo.
Good luck
Regards,
Thuy

Good luck in your new life.

Re. Number 12 and reference to age difference, do you any idea how to get the approval required from the office of ministry of justice. Is it difficult to obtain?
Ty

Hi
I am Australian married to an Egyptian man. We married in Cairo at the The Ministry of Justice
All we had to do was fill in the appropriate paperwork (Arabic) submit it with passport photos medical certificate and a residency stamp in my passport from immigration
Most of this all happened within the Justice building except for the medical certificate
No problems at all
In saying that first thing to do is make sure yours and you future husbands paper work are all authentic and stamped by your country of origin. This is the first and most important step.
Good Luck

Hi
I am Irish and my wife is Egyptian
We were married in 2014
My wife was 25 and I was 56 an age difference of 31 years
There is a law in Egypt that if the age difference is more than .. 20 or 25 years .. can't exactly remember which ... then there is a special permission must be sought ... we got a lawyer to do this .. can't remember exact details of where from and who as the lawyer handled it ..
Part of it involved me having to put 40,000 LE in a bank of Egypt account for my wife in her name as surety.
This law was enacted in response to rich Arabs from Saudi and the gulf states coming to Egypt and exploiting young vulnerable girls, by marring them, taking them home for 3 months and divorcing them.... this was highlighed on an Egyptian tv documentary some years back ... if I was from one of these countries I am not sure I would have got permission.
I am not sure if the law applies if the woman is older than the man ...

Hi!
I just want to know the correct procedure to get married in Cairo.
In shaa Allah, will meet my love in this December.
I knew him from website called Interpals Penpals since last February, and fallen in love after one month.
He told his mom and his family about us, and they gave us support to end this relationship with marriage.

Any Egyptian who can help me about this?
Thanks a lot.  :)

Which kind of help would you like to get ? :)

What documents i should get ready and how is the procedures there for Egyptian and Malaysian to get married, both of us are Muslim.

Thanks  :)

i need all kind of help actually

what in the end did you do. I am getting married next week and wanted to know what others' experience was with the religion confirmation document.  Did you find an alternative source in Cairo to confirm Christianity?

Thanks!

Hello Dear ,
As far as i know , marriage with a US citizen should be documented in the US Embassy , you can check the site eg.usembassy.gov , you can contact the embassy for further info ,
i just don't understand what do you mean to ask about in your last reply when you wrote "Did you find an alternative source in Cairo to confirm Christianity? " , wish you all luck .
Regards

Hi Solyman,
One of the documents that need to be brought to the Ministry of Justice is a verification of religion. I am Christian and my fiance is Muslim. In the case that my embassy does not provide me with a document that states my religion, what other options do I have to get a document to take to the Ministry of Justice to verify my religion?

Best,
Riri

Hello Riri ,
don't worry about the Embassy , these rules is well known in the embassy , you have to go with your fiance there and ask for a document which the Embassy approves their acceptance for your marriage , i think it cost around 30 $  , and then you can continue the process after getting this document done , you can go to the ministry of Justice to where the ask you about that certificate from the Embassy , and then i guess everything gets easier ,
Best of luck ,
Soliman

Please can you help with some advice I married Egyptian man 4years ago from west bank luxor I am British born from Scotland I've kept him for 4years I paid for flats cars wedding his clothes foot ware everything I even naught his mum a new washing machine becouse hers was not working right he has never giving me a home never he lived in hurgada I paid for our flat there I bought him a new car he was picking up lady's having sex in the car I gave him £6000 to build a caffee he told me he gave it to his father for a piece of land I have since discovered he has been having sex with a lady in hurgada who also has a partner and a 9 year old son he has been having sex with her for over a year please help all I want is my money back your an older lady would his father have taken my money for his land please advice please

Please can you help with some advice I married Egyptian man 4years ago from west bank luxor I am British born from Scotland I've kept him for 4years I paid for flats cars wedding his clothes foot ware everything I even naught his mum a new washing machine becouse hers was not working right he has never giving me a home never he lived in hurgada I paid for our flat there I bought him a new car he was picking up lady's having sex in the car I gave him £6000 to build a caffee he told me he gave it to his father for a piece of land I have since discovered he has been having sex with a lady in hurgada who also has a partner and a 9 year old son he has been having sex with her for over a year please help all I want is my money back your an older lady would his father have taken my money for his land please advice please

Bettybooboo
From what u saying this not a marriage it's a business for him.
My advice for u is to leave him and forget those bad days

I'm so sorry to hear about that, forgive me for what I'm about to say, but you wasn't blind , it wouldn't be so easy to restore your money without having contracts or Official papers proving that the money is yours and you gave it to him, I haven't dealt before with the British embassy but you can talk to them as well, I'm not blaming you at all,  you were honest, faithful and loyal for someone who doesn't deserve, it's a shame that he is Egyptian, i hope you stay strong my friend .

Thank you so much !! i am getting married to my Egyptian fiancee and I needed to know such information!!

Please send me your contact number, we have some urgent questions..

thanks  a lot in advance.

I got married in Cairo 3 years ago I'm British he is Egyptian from luxor wish I'd never met him he turned out to be a con man so be careful I knew him two years before we married in embassy he was all sweet and light he has committed adultery sold my car gave my money to his family and he told me to fuck off I was getting nothing I'm now filling for divorce can't wait to get him out of my life the lier the cheat the adultery makes me angry as the women is converted Islam with a child how could she do such a thing shameful but Allah has seen with his own eyes

this is so helpful!

So do you only need a registration stamp and not a residence? I'm British so will already have my visa which I will buy at the airport upon arrival to Egypt

You need what is called temporary residence stamp
Available in mogama

Hi All

I came from Poland but I live in the UK and I'm British citizen. I'm divorced with two kids. I'm Christian.

I need a bit of legal advice

Me and my Egyptian man (Muslim) would love to get married but....he is already married to Muslim woman and they have two kids, Muslim wife and his family know about me and they agree for us to be together, for him to live with me in England etc but they don't agree for his divorce (I can't understand this!)

We have Urfi contract but I don't know how to go about getting married that uk would recognise it as in the future we would like to live here in the uk
(I won't move to Egypt due to kids education)

He is currently waiting for decision about his visitors visa (he's got long employment, house and land in his name, and business in his and his brother name) and build up case for EEA family permit (partnership) but if visitors visa will be refused then I don't really know what can we do to marry so uk (or Poland) can recognise it :-(

Thank you

hello,

Is this mandatory to have in order to get married?

Can I get married having just a tourist visa?

Thanks

Hi
I am an Irish man who married and Egyptian girl. We are married 3 years and together 2 years before that.

I have a fair understanding of Egyptian marriage law and European marriage law.

Your situation is to say the least difficult and complicated. Your man being married is the complication. His reason for not divorcing his wife could be many but at a guess and from my experience of Egyptian culture, it is family related and there is a fair chance she will be his cousin. Now the reason he wants to be with you and coupled with that he won't divorce his wife... and you may not want to hear this ... is he wants to get to the UK and earn better money to support his family in Egypt but this being said I will answer your questions as best I can.

First the Urfi marriage is only to allow you to get around staying together in a hotel or rented accommodation and was originally brought in to combat prostitution, believe it or not. The Urfi has little or no legal standing other than this.

The only way you can get officially married in Egypt as a foreigner is in the marriage court in the ministry of Justice in Cairo. Now you will need a letter of freedom from the UK or Polish embassy to do this, depending on which nationality you wish to use.

Now this marriage will be recognised in Egypt as he is Muslim and can marry up to 4 wives legally in Egypt.

However the catch is that polygamy or polygamous marriages are not recognised in the EU and in some cases you can be prosecuted for participating in such under the marriage act (in the UK) and under immigration law (in the EU) if you attempt to get him a visa on the precept of him being married to you. In my view, in the current political climate in respect to immigration in both the UK or Poland this would be very likely.

If he were divorced he could apply for a visa to get married in the UK / Poland or apply to get a visa once (EU) validly married in Egypt and I would recommend getting married in the UK / Poland rather than Egypt as you are more protected. This has a substantial non refundable fee (£3K I think for the UK, for the marriage Visa) even if you are refused, but there is no chance of getting this unless he can get proof of legal and registered and validated divorce.

In summary ... you can not legally marry him and have it recognised in the EU unless he is legally divorced and if you try you are opening yourself up to being prosecuted with a serious fine and possibly prison.

I would also say his chance of getting a visitors visa in the circumstance is slim enough and if he does,  getting work and staying in the UK, if that is the intention, in the current political climate with be difficult and don't forget there is a possibility of you getting prosecuted under illegal immigration trafficking law if it is seen that you are aiding and helping him with a resulting fine and a good prospect of a prison term. I am not trying to be over the top or alarmist and I would advise you to seek legal advise from a solicitor in the UK before you engage in anything and make sure you fully explain the situation to them.

If you have any other specific question send me a message

Best of luck

Regards

Ray

Yes it is mandatory

Thank you Ray

Re visitors visa - there is no intention for him to stay on it or work on it, it's purely for him to visit uk while he's got time off from work and to go back when his holidays are finishing. With him having house and business he has some chances to get visitors visa...but I am aware that this is more based on luck then on meeting all criteria's
We are not planning to do anything illegall

I know all prons and cons re Urfi contract and only done it so we can spend time together

And yes I know I can marry him in Egyptian eyes but legality in uk is important for me as not planning to move to Egypt until my kids are independent (they are 10&8 yo)

So yes it is difficult and complicated situation but I'm sure I'm not only one in this situation

Thank you again for your reply

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know how can I get the temporary residency?

I need information on how do I come to Egypt and get married to my Egyptian fiancé. We have been together in long distance for a long 5 years now, but constant skyping and talking on real phone and it is no longer that we can bear to wait. He could not for some reason get a visa to leave there so I am going to him and we want to marry in Egypt. I am an American Citizen. Please could someone explain what we must do and I  plan to book airline ticket in next 4 weeks if possible. He is the love of my life.
I hope you can give some real answers. I know this probably won't be easy. Money has been a very big issue for us as he is not wealthy, in fact is poor but I love him same as if he were a King.
If you can offer advice and help to me, he never seems to be able to explain to me anything about real paperwork and details.  He does speak English fluently an 3 other languages. I however speak only English.
Thanks and your help would be appreciated. I am hoping for a Christmas miracle as I am again an American.
Blessings  :heart: