Getting married in Egypt

Hi.
In a British living in Cairo, will be marrying soon. But have a problem and wanted to know if there is a way around it...
I was married before. Many moons ago. But ive lost my divorce documents. I want to know if there is a way that i don't have to declare that i was married before? What if i do not tell them at the embassy when applying for no- impediments... could this be a problem for me later on when applyong for his visa?

In a word - yes!!!!! That would be fraud my dear. Go to your Embassy and explain the situation and they will be able to advise on best course of action. It should be possible to obtain a copy of decree absolute from the court which issued it. Remember everything is recorded somewhere and it better being upfront than branded a liar later......it may nulify your marriage....tread carefully.

I hope you have a long and happy marriage.

Hi ...i need answer URGENTLY :)

I am Chinese , living in China. I will go to Egypt to marry my egyptian fiance in October. so I need to finish collecting the documents this month before leaving China.

There are some questions I have ,hope anybody how know the answer can help me :
1. I got tourist visa to Egypt before but i didn't go , so this time when i apply tourist visa( i dont have time to apply marriage visa), agency told me i might get reject ,so the agency helped me to apply a business visa(i only provided passport and photo, i think they make a third company to get the visa for me ). Will i get problem if i obtain a business visa to egypt to register marriage?

2. The certificate of non-impedient(approval to marry). I called the Egypt embassy in China, they said they dind't know this kind of documents. Where can i get this documents, what should i write on this certificate, will the right office have the template for it?

4. I'm a new muslim reverter, can I get muslim certificate from my city's mosque? should it be in Arabic ?or it's better to get it in Egyptian mosque?

URGENT URGENT URGENT!!!!!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Hi

You can come to Egypt with tourist visa & after you can change it for mogmma el tahrir for marriage propose that very easy process .

The certificate of non-impedient you should get it from your country or from your embassy  here in Egypt with some others required documents to marrying here in Egypt

God bless you … I recommend that you better get Muslim certificate from el Azhar mosque here in egypt , it will be in Arabic but you can ask for English copies too .

Good luck

Congrats

p.s

you can check this post for more information about marriage process in Egypt

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 05#2525428

thank you for your quick help

1. Mine is Business visa ....as i mentioned the visa agency told me i would have high chance to get reject is i apply   
    tourist visa again after i got it but didnt' use it last year
2.Do i need to translate non-impediment certificate to Arabic or only english is enough?
3.Still for non-impedimetn certificate,do you know which office in China is for that certificate
   or if i go to China embassy in egypt , what documents do i need to submmit , and how many days is the process? i     
  only stay in Egypt for 15 days...
4.If i get muslim certificate in egyptian mosque , will they inform Chinese government or my information is only in the mosque?

!

Chezza2uk wrote:

Was your husband able to join you in the UK?

Things don't happen that quickly Chezza! It's not that you get married one day and then the next day your husband is allowed to come to the UK, there is a small matter of a visa to be applied for first...
Which we will do in due course.

Everything went well we met the Lawyer at the Ministry of Justice and 2 days later we collected our certificate not only did he have the certificate also a certified translated copy which we will need for the visa application.

Hi
I have a couple of questions.

1) I'm British can I marry my Egyptian Fiancé on a tourist visa?

2) How easy is it to get residency once we are married and can I work or do I need a visa (Our Brother in law has a company I might work for)?

3) In UK we take our husbands surname during marriage, is this possible in Egypt or I need to do it in England legally before we marry? My husband has 4 names following his name and I wish to take the 1st one.

Thanks
Raven

Raven3121 wrote:

My husband has 4 names following his name and I wish to take the 1st one.

Thanks
Raven

I bet the entire world he has more than 4 names.........believe me.

meme1 wrote:
Raven3121 wrote:

My husband has 4 names following his name and I wish to take the 1st one.

Thanks
Raven

I bet the entire world he has more than 4 names.........believe me.

And your point being what exactly?

Since I was married to foreigner in Egypt I can answer questions number 2 and 3 only as follows:

2. The certificate of non-impedient(approval to marry). I called the Egypt embassy in China, they said they dind't know this kind of documents. Where can i get this documents, what should i write on this certificate, will the right office have the template for it?

Answer 2: The certificate of non-impedient(approval to marry) you need to get it from your country or embassy in Cairo, this certificate will indicate that you are not married in your country.

4. I'm a new muslim reverter, can I get muslim certificate from my city's mosque? should it be in Arabic ?or it's better to get it in Egyptian mosque?

answer 2: Better get your muslim certificate in Arabic or much better to do in Cairo at Al Azhar.

Hi all

I have read many of the posts on this topic and I think.think I'm aware now of what is required in tterms.of documents..

Cert of non impediment
Residency visa
Family stamp
Medical cert

I just noticed a couple of posts mentioning that you have to take your own marriage contract and the registry office just stamps it ... but other posts make no mention of this ...plus there are some.some posts that mention documents needing to be translated ?? Such as ?

I.dont want to turn up with all the above yet find out i should have got a lawyer to prepare a contract.. the embassy sent me info but there was no mention of residency visas or stamps or anything so I am getting the impression there are more steps involved...

so my main question is do they issue a standard marriage certificate at the registry office or do you have to prepare one yourself beforehand ??

I'm female and English BTW

Thanks in advance for any help

Where did you end up getting religious certificate x

Hi I am planning on getting married in Egypt in February inshaAllah, I am from the UK do I need to apply for a residency visa? I am a bit confused by it all. I reverted to Islam earlier this year and know where I can get my certificate from here in the UK that isn't a problem. It's everything I find confusing please help thanks

Hey i am same as you i live in Darlington and recently reverted to Islam and don't know all the ins n ours. I don't even know where to get a religious certificate from. Can you get in touch plz sulo... thx Asiya

Hey sis send me a private message

carrol1975 wrote:

Hey i am same as you i live in Darlington and recently reverted to Islam and don't know all the ins n ours. I don't even know where to get a religious certificate from. Can you get in touch plz sulo... thx Asiya

From a mosque/Islamic centre. Usually there is a small fee to pay.

Thankyou so much x

Hello i am wanting some information please!!

I am hoping to visit my egyptian fiancé (of four years!!!) this december, we want to get legally married in mogamma. The only thing that is worrying me is that my fiance is coptic christian and my name is arabic and muslim sounding also my fathers name on my birth certificate is mohammed. Would this cause problems?

Are you Muslim? If you are then it will cause problems I think.

yes im muslim

no. but i dont want to get baptised in a coptic church to disprove this either... do they always ask for religion when a foreigner marries a egyptian? it doesnt state my religion on any documentation just my fathers name is muslim. this is what i was worried about :(

They asked for my religion when I married my husband I had to declare it.

I'm not sure how it works but I can get a certificate to say I am Muslim it won't be a problem for me

thank u so much for your replies. so you just had to declare it there and then. no need for any certificates?

I didn't have to have a certificate. But as you have a Muslim name and your father is Muslim I don't know how that will affect things.

Hello just wanting to know does anyone know what the family rights stamp is called in arabic? Thanks

Hi, the family rights stamp is called "tabe' usra" or طابع اسرى in arabic

thank u xx

Yes it will be a problem if you lie you have to be honest

Was it an orfi marriage? These are not recognised legally they are just a licence to live together in Egypt as it's illegal to live together unmarried or without this licence.
An orfi marriage is not a legal marriage.

who is lying?

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I am a Canadian engaged to an Egyptian man. We are currently deciding when and where we will have our legal paperwork done. In terms of protecting myself in the case of any future divorce, does anyone know if it will make a difference if we get married in Canada or in Egypt? Would I have different rights, or would it just depend on where we filed for divorce?
Thank you,

Katharine

Hi all,

I am planning to marry with an Egyptian as well. I have some questions, I hope someone can help me!

1) I can take 10 days permission from my work, if we prepare all of the documents, is it possible to finish all of the process in 10 days?

2)My embassy in Egypt told me that my fiancee has to prepare Birth Certificate and a certificate which tells that he is single. How long it takes to take these papers for Egyptian men?

3) After making marriage contract, I have to come back to my country till summer as I have working contract for one year and I cannot cancel it. We will make a kind of celebration in summer. But to be able to go to Egypt easily, I want to have my 5 years residence in Egypt after marriage directly;  so the question is; Can I get it in 10 days as well when I come? How long it takes to have 5 years residence?

4) And finally, do you think that it may be problem for us until summer because we make wedding contract and then I come back my country, they may think that it is not real marriage? I can show my working contract in the case they investigate, but they do that?

Thanks a lot!

which country are you from?

safia321 wrote:

which country are you from?

Turkey

exam

I have been with my egyptian partnerr for 4yrs now but we want to make it formal so he can join me in the UK.

However 10yrs ago he married an egyptian copt woman..their marriage broke down and they havent lived together for over 8years. However as far as im aware he cannot divorce her as

1) he is not willing to change his religion

2) if they visit the head of the church to ask for a divorce they both have to attend (and the divorce may not be accepted)- the copt woman wants to divorce him too but her family would kill her if she went through with this.

I just want to know what options do i have? i cant marry him as that would be unlawful in the eyes of the UK goverment? or would his first marriage not be recognised by the UK goverment?

Please if anybody could help me i would be soooo grateful, please no harsh answers as we all make mistakes and he is still stuck in his mistake, which is stopping us from living our life.

Thanks

Hi All,
I have a friend who married an Egyptian 5 years ago in Jordan. She has been living in Egypt for that long without visa because her husband has not made anything for her since they went back. And he may not do anything. Now she wants to go back to her country to visit her father. Should she just buy tickets and takes two kids with her,? She has her passport with the kids added in it. Would the police stop her at the airport because of their father name on the passport?
Thank you very much in advanced,
Thuy