Finding work in the DR

Hello!

I am planning on moving to the Dominican Republic from the U.S. in a month or so.  I am trying to find out more information on working in the country as a foreigner.  I know in other countries you have to have been a resident for a certain amount of time.  Is it like that in the DR?  Does an expat need a work permit to legally get a job?  I would appreciate any information anyone has.  I will probably be living in or around the Santo Domingo area. 

Any other tips on finding places to live would be very helpful as well!  Thanks!!

Rebecca

If you decide to build a home there, please consider Kingway Custom Homes.

912-832-4001

We live on the norht coast so I cannot help with a place to live.
However I can tell you that to work here legally you need to have your "cedula".  This is your "identification card" at the same time you would apply for your residency card.  This is a 4-6 month process and unless  you are fluent in Spanish you will need a lawyer to get this done (we have an excellent one that can help you do this).  Haveing said that many work here with out it but many companies will not hire you with out it. You do know that wages here are VERY low and probably much lower then what you are used to.
Have you visited here before?

Bob K

Hello bob. I see that in this post you say you have a great attorney for residencia! May I ask you to be so kind to give us the the attorney contact info please? That would help us out tremendously

I can also recommend Wilson Rood  [email protected]  He is in Santo Domingo.

We, our clients and friends all use
Dolly Cabrera
809-226-8550
809-307-3337 cell
[email protected]
She is in Santiago and will hold your hand for the whole process.

Bob K

Thanks Bob.  U guys are the most helpful folks on the planet lol. Have a great day

Wow the whole planet!!! Now that is cool. Thanks. 

Hey Bob, the whole planet!!!

Lol. The whole planet

Wow I am shooting for the Universe next :)
Bob K

Do you have a web page or email address. I would like to discuss certain plans I have in order to determine general costs

I will message you.