Working as a doctor in DR

Hello, does anyone know the procedure for working as an anesthesiologist in a hospital or private clinic in santo Domingo! I just moved here with my husband and can't seem to find anything on the internet.

I am Australian-Lebanese, Graduated as anesthesiologist from Beirut, Lebanon & completed one year extra training in France.

I speak arabic, french & english! Although beginning for now in Spanish

Any help would be appreciated.

I know also pharmaceuticals & insurance companies hire medical doctors but can't find any job opportunities here

Hi - I had responded to your initial thread with the following:

First of all, you will need to have residency here to work legally in any capacity.

To work as a doctor, you will have to be certified here in DR. I'm not sure what all that involves, but I have a friend who is Dominican, went to medical school here in DR, then moved to the US for her residency. She wants to move back to DR, and the licensing process, even for her, is not easy!

You will also likely need to be fluent in Spanish. I'm sure any exams required for certification would be in Spanish.

Because I don't know of any doctors on this forum, you are not likely to find someone here who has gone through the experience. If you send me a PM with your contact info, I can ask my friend (mentioned above) to contact you about her experience.

Residency is your first step, then fluency in Spanish. Also, understand that the salaries here will be significantly lower than what you are used to elsewhere in the world. While waiting, you might want to contact some of the ministries and relief organizations to see if they could use your help as a volunteer.