Work in KSA, wife work in Dubai

Hello. Let's start I've been in KSA on 3 month contract so I am familiar with Saudi culture and lifestyle. Now I am back in my country but I got offer to work for one of goverment department (my profession: enginner). I have wife, we are a young couple, both have careers so we were thinking about moving her with me to KSA but she want to work in Dubai and we both agreed to meet together during weekends which is better than leaving her in our country. 

I am thinking how to do that. I've read here about IQAMA and family visas. I think my profession should qualify for family visa. I am thinking which path will be the fastest and the easiest for us:

1. First I will move to KSA , after I get IQAMA , I will apply for family visa for her, when she get the visa , she will apply for a job in Dubai and we will meet during weekends in Dubai or KSA.

2. I will move to KSA for a contract and she will move to Dubai for a contract same time. I will get IQAMA and apply for family visa for her. In that path I am wondering if there will be a problem getting for her visa for KSA if she will be working in Dubai and having UAE visa.

3. Or just move to KSA and move her to Dubai for a contract same time without getting her family visa and meet only in Dubai during weekends. In that version I am wondering if I will be able to travel such often to Dubai ? I will be needing some special long term visa to UAE or what ? It is possible to travel such frequently to UAE from KSA in my circumstances ?

Or maybe there is another path/way to do that ? I will be glad for any advices from expats because it seems to be complicated and I don't know how to start. Thanks a lot.

Hi @kevoch,

In all cases, one of you has to travel to the other country every weekend.

The simplest catch is option 3:
You come to KSA and move her to Dubai. Get a 'multiple' exit re-entry for yourself. It's valid for 6 months & you can travel out unlimited number of times.

Option 1 is the best as it will help you keep some balance... I mean not always YOU have to travel, sometimes she'll.

I doubt option 2 will work. Though her UAE visa will be a work visa and KSA one will be a family; but I'm not sure if KSA authorities will stamp that. Again: if she gets one, you'll need to have multiple exit re-entry visa for her every 6 months.

@TheLegendLeads probably the guy has not read your reply yet, but I must thank you on his behalf :)

Sorry I was offline for last days. It is nice to hear that such plan could work so I will be considering it. Thanks for your response.

One small problem with your plan;
Weekends in KSA are Thurs & Fri but Dubai is Fri & Sat. This cuts down your time together somewhat.

Hope it works out.

hamlay wrote:

One small problem with your plan;
Weekends in KSA are Thurs & Fri but Dubai is Fri & Sat. This cuts down your time together somewhat.

Hope it works out.

Oh, I didn't know, you are right that is a problem. Thanks for your advice.