Questions about some aspects in Mauritius (costs of insurance etc?)

Jeepers, it is nearly June and I am still in negotiations with company to move to Mauritius!

Looks like we only expect to relocate in 2-3 months time... what a long drawn out process!

Expecting a letter of employment this week to finalise the negotiations.

Some small items I wanted to enquire about:

1. Motor vehicle insurance, how much does it cost a month and through which insurance company? I am a 36 year old male.
2. If your partner is not married to you, how does she apply for a work permit in Mu, or how does she apply for self employed permit in Mu.
3. Can she apply for a self employed permit once on the island?
4. Bringing family pets with, is it worth it, any recommendations on who they travelled with when relocating and how long did the process take?

Look forward answers?

Hi Wendill,

I can only help you on 2 and 3...

Your partner can apply once you are in Mauritius. It is not very complicated to apply for an occupation permit as self employed, but you must earn min 60,000 rs per month. Not very easy if you're working with the local market.

About pets, can you read a little bit french? other members posted about pets here https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11174

All the best,

Julien

Hey Julien,

Thanks for feedback on questions!

You are in IT, can you assist with setting up IT at home? Network, wireless, ADSL?

Cheers,

Dylan

Hi Dylan,

it shouldn't be a problem. Call Orange, get a wireless My-T box and you'll be able to connect several computers to the internet

Julien

Easy stuff hey!

Thanks!