Does PTB history can affect IPA approval even with no scars?

So me and my friend applied as a preschool teacher in Singapore through an agency here in the Philippines. My friend's IPA got approved while mine wasn't 😭.

I applied before, year 2016 but i failed because i got diagnosed with PTB in Tan Tock Seng (inactive). I actually finished the treatment and my xrays are all good here in the Philippines. No scars. The thing is I exceeded more than 30 days because I need to do lab tests and xrays in Tan Tock Seng which I see as a valid reason why i overstayed. I don't see this as an offence though. My agency fixed my papers for overstaying and the immigration officer did not question me that much. The IO just asked me the reason for overstaying and I presented the printed document of my extension.

After 8 years of waiting i also applied and this year 2024 was my 3rd attempt. Everything is okay, from my interview, ielts, medical but now, i am having problems with my IPA. The reason i received is Applicant not eligible for work pass. Please look for other candidate.

I just feel like people with history of PTB are discriminated a lot because of this disease. I feel like we are limited by this disease even if cured already 😭. Please enlighten me. I feel so depressed

The reason for this, based on your description, is NOT the illness you had - but the fact that you overstayed, which is a big No-No in Singapore!

If this "agency" had handled the case correctly and gotten an extension based on meducal grounds (instead of letting you overstay and then just paying a fine), you would probably have no issues now.

Applicant not eligible for work pass. Please look for other candidate.

This is as clear a statement as you will get from MoM. It means: You will not get a work pass, no matter what. So you better look for work elsewhere!

@beppi sir i already know the reason why my IPA got rejected and it's all about my medical not the overstay since MOM is completely aware that i stayed longer due to medical reasons. And i paid the extension there. I just used the term overstay.

I can still fix my record there

@stephaniecoralde1994 The processing officer at MoM only checks your records and sees an overstay, which is a clear rejection reason. He/she does not investigate further.

You can of course contact ICA and try to clear up your record there. Good luck (you will need it)!

The MOM told us the reason of rejection is about my medical because it was not yet cleared there.

@stephaniecoralde1994 Your story changes with every post you make. So I cannot advise you further.

Nope it did not change. I said i overstayed INITIALLY bec. that's how i understood it. And i am clarifying it to this post that MOM JUST SAID IT'S about my medical history in 2016. I am asking for some opinion here if what could be the reason of rejection of IPA and now i finally HAVE THE ANSWERS. Have a nice day!