Can EP holder return to Singapore with passport expiring in 6 months

Hi, I'm currently an EP holder in Singapore. I have made a travel plan to US in coming months and my passport has 7 months till expiry on my date of departure to US. So, it should be no problem at all for departure. But on my return date to Singapore , my passport has only 5 months and 2 weeks till expiry. I'm wondering if there will be any issue to return to Singapore with that passport.

On ICA website, for returning Singapore passport holders, it's ok to have passport validity of less than six months. I'm not sure about other passports with long term pass holders.

"Singapore passports with a validity of less than six months are acceptable for arrival clearance in Singapore."

Ref: https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-depart/for-singapore-citizens/advice-for-travelling-abroad

As far as I know (but please contact ICA to be sure!), this should not be an issue as long as your passport and visa are valid. You can get a new passport from your country's embassy in Singapore.

Does air carrier allows someone to travel a foreign country with a passport less than 6months to expiry? I don't know in my travel to more than 15 countries. They simply do not allow. Many air carrier at ticket counters or in their websites even ask to fill your travel document details including expiry date and if it's less than 6 months then they won't allow you to book tickets. No exception in Singapore here.

You can renew your passport now even it has more than 6 months validity. I do all the time, one time I did when my passport had validity more than10 months to expiry because I suppose to travel a country and will have to stay more than 5 months there.

In Singapore you can visit your country embassy or if they appointed any third party vendor to renew your passport. You will get your renewal passport in less than 2 weeks or so.