How to change education detail of S pass holder

Dear all,

I am a S pass holder working in Singapore. I have completed Mechanical Engineering Degree (Full time). When my company applied for my pass they put Mechanical Engineering Degree (Distance Learning). I have informed HR but they said no need to worry about it as S pass already approved. I would like to get your concern on this matter please. What should I do now? Really worried

As I couldn't find any similar post I'm creating this. Please accept my apologies if I missed any suitable threads.

Thanks in advance

For the duration of your current approved pass you don't need to do anything, education credentials are supposed to be included at the time of application should you need to be updating MOM. Also, I don't think HR will go through the whole process again to apply your SPASS (and risk rejection) just to update your credentials. It won't make a difference if your SPASS is already approved. Just make sure to include your credentials as (full time) in your next renewal or fresh application should you move to another company.

@flyingclassic Thank you so much. I will do accordingly then 😊

@Mechgirl I hope you have informed your HR in a written email about correcting credentials (and HR deemed it unnecessary to take any action). This is just in case should some authorities ever scrutinize, you keep this email safe as evidence that you did your part to correct a mistake. If it was just a verbal discussion then nothing you can't do at this point.

@flyingclassic

Yeah I have sent 2 official emails to HR and I have the replies of them as well. I asked them to inform this during the application process and after the S pass approval as well. I will keep those evidences as you mentioned. Thank you again for guiding me as I'm new to the country. It means a lot.