Documents required to marry in Rabat.

Hello friends,

I am walid from Mauritius, my girlfriend lived in Rabat, I am waiting on my visa to travel to Morocco.

Before I set off to this adventure I'd like to make sure I have all the documents I need for the trip. You should know we do not have a morrocan embassy in Mauritius, thus I had to send my passport along with my visa application to Madagascar to get the visa done.
Whilst this is on the way, I'd like to get the maximum information how to proceed to marry a morrocan girl.
Please feel free to advise me. What papers do I need and anything which will help me on my trip as it will be the first time I'll be traveling there.

Thank you all.
God bless.
Hello friends,

I am walid from Mauritius, my girlfriend lived in Rabat, I am waiting on my visa to travel to Morocco.

Before I set off to this adventure I'd like to make sure I have all the documents I need for the trip. You should know we do not have a morrocan embassy in Mauritius, thus I had to send my passport along with my visa application to Madagascar to get the visa done.
Whilst this is on the way, I'd like to get the maximum information how to proceed to marry a morrocan girl.
Please feel free to advise me. What papers do I need and anything which will help me on my trip as it will be the first time I'll be traveling there.

Thank you all.
God bless.
- @Walid TawFick
Hey congratulation on the first steps.
You should ask your fiancé to go to the local family court in her city and ask for a up to date list of documents required for your nationality. However the basic would be a:

Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
Police record from your home resident country
Divorce Certificate if previous married.
last 3 month Payslips if employed
Letter from your work showing your working or work contract which also outlined your position and income.
If self employed then a letter with your company documents outlining your position and wages

Rest of the documents you will obtain in Morocco.
Moroccan mdecjial certificate
Moroccan Police Record
Islamic Certificate (should ask your fiancé to book an appointment in advance) Unless you have one issued from your home country.
Certificate of No Impediment (usally obtained by the embassy in Rabat but can check if you can get from your home country However this might not be required but check with your fiancé)
Nationality Certificate / Passport Verification (Usally your embassy in Rabat would verify you passport and give a Certificate of Nationality) If you can get this before you come then might be better. As im not sure based on your country requirements. But your Fiancé again can check the exact documents you need for your nationality as each country is slightly different.

Hope this helps.
Hello friends,

Thank you all.
God bless.
- @Walid TawFick
Hey congratulation on the first steps.
You should ask your fiancé to go to the local family court in her city and ask for a up to date list of documents required for your nationality. However the basic would be a:

Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
Police record from your home resident country
Divorce Certificate if previous married.
last 3 month Payslips if employed
Letter from your work showing your working or work contract which also outlined your position and income.
If self employed then a letter with your company documents outlining your position and wages

Rest of the documents you will obtain in Morocco.
Moroccan mdecjial certificate
Moroccan Police Record
Islamic Certificate (should ask your fiancé to book an appointment in advance) Unless you have one issued from your home country.
Certificate of No Impediment (usally obtained by the embassy in Rabat but can check if you can get from your home country However this might not be required but check with your fiancé)
Nationality Certificate / Passport Verification (Usally your embassy in Rabat would verify you passport and give a Certificate of Nationality) If you can get this before you come then might be better. As im not sure based on your country requirements. But your Fiancé again can check the exact documents you need for your nationality as each country is slightly different.

Hope this helps.
We - @Vakil
Hello,
I'm from India, I'm going to marry in Morocco.
For criminal record, do I have to request my Police Clearance Certificate from local police station or from Passeport Office?

Do I have to apostille and translate all documents?  (Even my work certificate and bank statement)

Thank you so much for the information.
@Hananec hi. Yes obtain your police record from local police form your home country. As long as it's orignal then it's fine.

You will also need a Moroccan police repairs you can obtain this in Morocco very easily.

Translation you will need to do in Arabic and you can do this cheaply in Morocco as an official recognised translator ask your fiancé about this.

All documents can't exceed 3 months.

Work letter and bank start ment also.

Bank statement / wage slips don't need to be translated. Work letter does.
Hay brother vakil, I need your help also would you please, I'm from Pakistan and I have well settled business here I wanna get multiple entry visit visa first and than I have Moroccon GF she wants me to move and settled there but in first I just wanna get how know about Morocco suitable for business and living all that. So should I just apply for now for only visit visa what u suggest brother.
@uranium292 hi Brother. Yes it's better to just apply for visit visa to get to no Morocco and your GF and when you are satisfied then you can look at marriage options if that's what you want along with residency. Starting a busienss in Morocco is very good so long as you know what you want to do. Always do your market Reserch first.

We operate a consulting busienss for expat and overseas companies so feel free to contact us should you need any help. Private message when you want.

Regards

Arif
@uranium292 hi Brother. Yes it's better to just apply for visit visa to get to no Morocco and your GF and when you are satisfied then you can look at marriage options if that's what you want along with residency. Starting a busienss in Morocco is very good so long as you know what you want to do. Always do your market Reserch first.

We operate a consulting busienss for expat and overseas companies so feel free to contact us should you need any help. Private message when you want.

Regards

Arif
- @Vakil
Hello,
I don't know where are you from and if u Can answer me?
Wich country is better to live in, morocco or india?