How imp are transcripts considered for EP Reapplication?

hello looking for insights on my current situation that might be a bit unique and weird

1) Indian national been in SG for 9 years - been employed in the same company (reputable MNC) since 2013. Currently in a leadership position
2) got new offer from another MNC for a much higher base salary - $19K per month (35% jump)
3) However when I first joined my current company in 2013 - the HR dept never submitted ALL my educational certs and only used my last sem marks card. REASON being I completed my degree right after joining (as i had some missing papers) and handed it over to HR but they continuously forgot to update MOM (and have admitted it to me on email with a promise to rectify next attempt) \
4) I've never had any issues with EP renewals - been approved every 2 years instantly - last renewal was 3 year EP validity
5) Immigration team from new company require me to re submit ALL my marks cards and degree certs for the new EP process - this would mean a mismatch between what MOM currently have in their records vs my new application - Since old company HR didnt make the right updates
6) whats makes it a bit tricky is that some of my marks cards are "fail" as I didnt clear some papers (bad student) but subsequently cleared them a few years later and got my degree in 2013. Rest assured all my documents are legit and original, just the numbers are not great haha

questions
a) how complicated could this situation be? Given my higher base pay + 9 years in a reputable company would MOM raise a red flag?
b) I have all documents required for an appeal if they reject, but what do you think could be the chances here given the mismatch in old vs new (and lower marks obtained/just about pass etc.)
c) Has MOM ever rejected anything similar as above that might have happened to others on this forum?

Looking for guidance - EP application goes in a few weeks from now.

For Educational  verification MOM  will ask your employer  to arrange  agent.

If education  is from India,  Marksheet,  transcripts and Degree certificate are important.

I am Master graduate From  Nanyang Technology University Singapore  and working  in Singapore  since 12 yrs  for the first  time they ask for My Degree verification.  So i have submitted Transcripts Marksheet, Degree certificate also provided  University of Mumbai  E-verifaction  link for fast processing.

Please arrange all  the education  certificate in order. If you marksheet shows fail  doesn't  matter, as you  would  have cleared  that exam  and got pass mark Marksheet.  important  is having Recognized  and valid certificates from recognized  university  or college.

All The Best

Thanks for the reassuring reply.

1- Were you asked by MOM while changing jobs or renewal?
2- how long did it take for an outcome? Or is it still being processed?

kt1987 wrote:

hello looking for insights on my current situation that might be a bit unique and weird

1) Indian national been in SG for 9 years - been employed in the same company (reputable MNC) since 2013. Currently in a leadership position
2) got new offer from another MNC for a much higher base salary - $19K per month (35% jump)
3) However when I first joined my current company in 2013 - the HR dept never submitted ALL my educational certs and only used my last sem marks card. REASON being I completed my degree right after joining (as i had some missing papers) and handed it over to HR but they continuously forgot to update MOM (and have admitted it to me on email with a promise to rectify next attempt) \
4) I've never had any issues with EP renewals - been approved every 2 years instantly - last renewal was 3 year EP validity
5) Immigration team from new company require me to re submit ALL my marks cards and degree certs for the new EP process - this would mean a mismatch between what MOM currently have in their records vs my new application - Since old company HR didnt make the right updates
6) whats makes it a bit tricky is that some of my marks cards are "fail" as I didnt clear some papers (bad student) but subsequently cleared them a few years later and got my degree in 2013. Rest assured all my documents are legit and original, just the numbers are not great haha

questions
a) how complicated could this situation be? Given my higher base pay + 9 years in a reputable company would MOM raise a red flag?
b) I have all documents required for an appeal if they reject, but what do you think could be the chances here given the mismatch in old vs new (and lower marks obtained/just about pass etc.)
c) Has MOM ever rejected anything similar as above that might have happened to others on this forum?

Looking for guidance - EP application goes in a few weeks from now.

Kt1987
It would be best you get your Educational Certificates validated asap. MOM has standard companies but my experience says Avvanz is fastest and best. Once that is Green cleared, Educational certificates issue is settled with MOM unless your employer has an issue.

Employer can voluntarily include this in certificates or can share when asked by MOM.

I did not face the issue as yours but I was asked for the review certificate. Thankfully I had arranged that already. It doesn't cost much and keeping this ready is any way a one time investment.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Thanks this is very very helpful. My new employer has also got a background checking agency as a part of the standard process, but would you recommend I do it myself anyways just to be clear? I was always under the assumption that these verification checks can only be done by an official agency/company/etc and not by individuals. If that's not the case I'll just do it asap and make sure it's cleared and in the green once and for all.

Also do you mind sharing how much time Avaanz took and were your certs from India as well?

MOM  didn't  asked  me for job  change.

Recently  i got better opportunity  but EP  was rejected  and appeal is pending. MOM  only  requested  for my degree  verification  so company  arranged for agency.  They have requested  employer to submit  company  details etc

I have not  yet resigned  from existing  company. ..

Also it depend on which sector  we are working..I am into Biomedical  Engineering  sector.

Let your company agency  do verification or background check  They will submit  report.

Btw from which  university  u graduated
nowadays  recognized  university  have E verification  portal.

Whether you do or company do, it would not matter. Time taken will remain same.

You can ofcourse ask for independent check through any agency.
Avvanz takes about 3 weeks, sometimes its faster if the university/college is in main city in India.

Where you can play a role to expedite is to inform the HR on right contact (e.g. registrar or chancellor) for this check. 50% time is lost when HR does not put the right authorizing body. Authorizing body is usually referred to as per the certificate stamp or signature that you have. HR here in Singapore will go by the book.
So, if you ask your uni to revert quickly to Background check agency, things move fast. There will be two checks- verbal and in writing. These agencies would await for written confirmation but if they dont get, then they update with Verbal confirmation and give green code.