EP Rejected because salary doesnt meet candidate’s credentials

Hey guys, my EP got rejected and the reason was salary offered did not meet candidate's credentials. Did anyone face this issue before and is there any way that i can solve this problem/issue?

Im due to start in November and my EP got rejected due to this reason. A lil worried :(

Exactly same situation as you. Ep got rejected and new post going to start on 1st November.

Same here. What's the salary that has been offered and what's your experience and which industry you are in?

What did your hr say and whats their next step?

Im in the investments industry and got offered 8k for 6 years of experience. What did your hr say and what was the next step?

Hi guys if you guys look at the other forums these problems are actually common. It's either

- Your salary is too low for your credentials / market
- Your salary is too high for your credetials / market

You can ask HR to send justification why you warrant such pay at the appeal for the rejected EP/SP.

Was it your first job here? If not what is the percent of base salary hike? We have seen anything more than 10% to 15% MoM is taking it in a negative way (though this is not a thumb rule, there could be some exceptions).

Same time MoM also checks what's the market standard for a 6yrs experience person's salary base in your field. If it's much higher then chances are higher to get rejection. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

Was it your first job here? If not what is the percent of base salary hike? We have seen anything more than 10% to 15% MoM is taking it in a negative way (though this is not a thumb rule, there could be some exceptions).

Same time MoM also checks what's the market standard for a 6yrs experience person's salary base in your field. If it's much higher then chances are higher to get rejection. Good luck

Hi Surya,
How about a 25% raise on current base salary ? Can that be considered too huge a jump, too ?
Profile:
10 years of exp. in Cybersecurity and close to 4 years in exp. in Singapore.

Cybersecurity is a hot field right now and for years to come given the digital economy. Get the HR to Justify your candidature, skills, unique exposure and what ‘not' available in the talent pool locally. Also some competitive intel on such jobs in the market, would work.

Shekhz wrote:

Cybersecurity is a hot field right now and for years to come given the digital economy. Get the HR to Justify your candidature, skills, unique exposure and what ‘not' available in the talent pool locally. Also some competitive intel on such jobs in the market, would work.

Thanks for the words of encouragement ! Really mean a lot !
Anxiousness getting the better of me in these times of EP decisions..

Keep you updated with my result, (hopefully) soon !

Hi shekz im not in the cybersecurity field but more on investments. My peers are somewhat earning around this pay too. Not too sure why they rejected my ep

As I said, there is no clear yardstick on salary hike part but in recent time anything above than 10% to 15% MoM asks explanation from employer and many cases it rejects. So, 25% hike is obvious reason for them to ask proper explanation. It depends on your employer's explanation but 25% hike chances are very high will get rejection in today's scenario (but there are some exceptions). Good luck

Note: It's not alone compare with peers salary but also individual pay hike. It's sad but truth that many employees are under paid in present scenario but any hike matching to your peers are getting rejected. Once this pandemic and closed border issue resolves then we can see some positive results.

One thing employer can do is that give 10% hike then after 6months increase 10% or so. In that case they don't need to get approval of MoM rather they will update your pay increase based on your performance etc.