New Zealand / Moroccan mixed marriage

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate some help regarding mixed marriage in Morocco! I have read and gathered a lot of information thanks to the people on this forum but not many NZ/Moroccan cases, so I still have a lot of confusion regarding the documentation! My partner and I have been together for 7 years, he is a New Zealand national, currently living in the UK, which makes everything just a tad more complicated! To my knowledge, there is no New Zealand embassy in Morocco and the NZ diplomatic representation for Morocco is in Spain, they have not answered us yet so I am trying my luck here!

I believe these are the papers needed before coming to Morocco:

1: Certificate of capacity to contract marriage from the Embassy or Consulate.
2: "No Impediment to Marriage Certificate" (I believe it is the same as document number 1? which one to get)
2: Updated Birth Certificate
3: Criminal Record from NZ
4: Certificate of Nationality from the Embassy or Home country (NZ only offers citizenship certificate, so would the passport do in that case?)
5- Conversion to Islam certificate

Should these papers be requested from Home country or through the embassy in Spain. Morocco states "certificate of capacity to contract marriage from the Embassy" when you can apply for a "no impediment to marriage certificate" through New Zealand gov website, does that work the same? What's better?

Same question for the rest of the papers! What is the fastest way to get these papers, as it would take time to receive them from New Zealand to the current residency place (United Kingdom) and send them back to get them apostilled in NZ again? Also, can the Conversion to Islam be done in the UK, how does that work?

Finally, what is the procedure after getting all these papers and coming to Morocco, I am aware of the rest of the documentation needed (Moroccan police record, medical certificate, payslips…), I am more interested to know about the procedure, where to take these papers (adoul, courts) and how long it would take to get it done? Thank you so much for reading my lengthy message, apologies for the many questions and I appreciate any advice/help!

Hirubia wrote:

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate some help regarding mixed marriage in Morocco! I have read and gathered a lot of information thanks to the people on this forum but not many NZ/Moroccan cases, so I still have a lot of confusion regarding the documentation! My partner and I have been together for 7 years, he is a New Zealand national, currently living in the UK, which makes everything just a tad more complicated! To my knowledge, there is no New Zealand embassy in Morocco and the NZ diplomatic representation for Morocco is in Spain, they have not answered us yet so I am trying my luck here!

I believe these are the papers needed before coming to Morocco:

2: "No Impediment to Marriage Certificate" (I believe it is the same as document number 1? which one to get)
4: Certificate of Nationality from the Embassy or Home country (NZ only offers citizenship certificate, so would the passport do in that case?)

Should these papers be requested from Home country or through the embassy in Spain. Morocco states "certificate of capacity to contract marriage from the Embassy" when you can apply for a "no impediment to marriage certificate" through New Zealand gov website, does that work the same? What's better?

Same question for the rest of the papers! What is the fastest way to get these papers, as it would take time to receive them from New Zealand to the current residency place (United Kingdom) and send them back to get them apostilled in NZ again? Also, can the Conversion to Islam be done in the UK, how does that work?

Finally, what is the procedure after getting all these papers and coming to Morocco, I am aware of the rest of the documentation needed (Moroccan police record, medical certificate, payslips…), I am more interested to know about the procedure, where to take these papers (adoul, courts) and how long it would take to get it done? Thank you so much for reading my lengthy message, apologies for the many questions and I appreciate any advice/help!

Hi Hirubia,

please find my response to each point and question, please note i can only give advise on the British process but from listening to everyone else experience and having been through the process I think it safe to say that most if not all countries have the same or similar process for their citizen for getting married in Morocco.

YES THIS WOULD NEED TO BE DONE AT YOUR CONSULATE/EMBASSY WITHIN MOROCCO.

CORRECT

ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE & THEN IT MUST BE TRANSLATED TO ARABIC (CAN BE CHEAPER TO DO THIS WITHIN MOROCCO.

YES AND MUST BE TRANSLATED TO ARABIC (WITHIN MOROCCO, WILL WORK OUT CHEAPER)

THIS DOCUMENT IS USALLY PROVIDED BY THE EMBASSY IN RABAT WHEN YOU APPLY FOR POINT NUMBER 1.

THE TWO DOCUMENTS PROVIDED BY THE EMBASSY WILL USALLY BE IN FRENCH IF THEY OFFER TO GIVE IT IN ARABIC THEN CHOOSE ARBAIC. HOWEVER ONCE YOU HAVE THE TWO DOCUMENTS YOU WILL THEN TAKE IT TO THE MINSTRY OF FORIGN AFFAIRS IN RABAT TO BE CERTIFIED AND RECOGNISED BY THE JUDGE. THESE DOCUMENT DO NOT NEED TO BE TRANSLATED TO ARABIC.

CAN OBTAIN THIS WITHIN MOROCCO - IF YOU HAVE ONE THEN MUST BE LEGALISED AND TRANSLATED TO ARABIC. (ITS CHEAPER AND QUICKER TO OBTAIN WITHIN MOROCCO BUT WILL REQUIRE A PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO FOR THE CERTIFICATE.

USALLY YOU WOULD MAKE THE APPOINTMENT VIA THE GOV WEBSITE OF YOUR EMBASSY, THEY WILL HAVE A LIST OF OFFICES THAT THEY OFFER THE SERVICE FROM WITHIN MOROCCO. USALLY IN RABAT.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE ALL DOCUMENTS DATES MUST NOT EXCEED 3 MONTHS.

EMBASSY DOCUMENTS CAN BE DONE IN MOROCCO
BIRTH CERTIFICATE IF YOU HAVE IT ALREADY THEN YOU DON'T NEED TO GET CERTIFIED IF ITS ORIGINAL JUST TRANSLATED TO ARABIC

CONVERSION TO ISLAM JUST GET IT DONE IN MOROCCO WILL BE EASIER AND SIMPLE PROCESS AND DONE IN LESS THAN 5 MINS.

POLICE RECORD FROM HOME COUNTRY HOWEVER IF YOU RESIDE IN UK AND HAVE PASSPORT OR RESIDENCY CARD THEN THE RECORD MUST BE GIVEN FROM THE UK THAT YOU CAN APPLY ONLINE FOR THE BASIC DBS CHECK I THINK ITS CALLED. THIS WILL COME IN A FEW DAYS AFTER WHICH YOU CAN GET TRANSLATED IN ARABIC ONCE IN MOROCCO.

LETTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER SATING HOW LONG YOU WOKRED AND CURRENT WAGE
WAGE SLIPS (3 MONTHS)

PROOF OF RESIDENCY

COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT PHTO PAGE AND ENTRY STAMP INTO MOROCCO

MEDICAL CERTIFICATE (THIS IS DONE WITHIN MOROCCO AT ANY DR OFFICE COST IS AROUND 150-200 DH)

POLICE RECORD IN MOROCCO ( CAN BE ORDERED ONLINE WITHIN MOROCCO TAKES AROUND 48 HOURS OR CAN OBTAIN FROM RABAT WITHIN 24 HOURS)

4 PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO I RECOMMEND TAKING 6 JUST IN CASE YOU NEED FOR OTHER DOCUMENTS

PHOTO COPY OF ALL DOCUMENTS (4-5 COPIES) THESE MUST BE LEGALISED AND CAN BE DONE WITHIN MOROCCO ITSELF AT A COST OF 2DH PER DOCUMENT (SAME PLACE YOUR FIANCE WOULD GET HER ID COPY LEGALISED)

ALL DOCUMENTS BESIDE THE EMBASSY DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NOT IN ARABIC MUST BE TRANSLATED. ONCE AGAIN CAN BE DONE IN MOROCCO AROUND 150-350 DH PER PAGE.

Finally, what is the procedure after getting all these papers and coming to Morocco, I am aware of the rest of the documentation needed (Moroccan police record, medical certificate, payslips…), I am more interested to know about the procedure, where to take these papers (adoul, courts) and how long it would take to get it done?

ONCE YOU AND YOUYR FIANCE HAS ALL DOCUMENTS YOU WOULD TAKE IT TO THE FAMILY COURTS. FILL OUT A APPLICATION IN ARABIC AND SUBMIT TO THE COURTS. IF THEY ACCEPT ALL DOCUMENTS THEN YOU WILL BE GIVEN A CLOSED ENVELOPE WHICH CANNOT BE OPEND, YOU WOULD TAKE THIS TO THE FIRST POINT AFTER A FEW QUESTION THEY GIVE YOU A SECOND ENVELOPE YOU THEN TAKE TO THE NEXT LOCATION THE POLICE, WHO WILL THEN GIVE YOU A APPLICATION WHICH YOU FILL OUT AND THEY INTERVIEW YOU. ONCE THATS DONE YOU GO TO THE LAST LOCATION AND YOUR WIFE HAS A INTERVIEW, AFTER WHICH THE ENVELOPE GIVEN YOU TAKE BACK TO THE COURTS AND AWAIR THE JUDGE FINALY DECISION.

ONCE THAT BEEN GRANTED YOU CAN THEN GIVE IT TO THE ADOUL AND GET MARRIED.

I hope this helps and please feel free to send any questions you might have. privately or openly in the discussion.

Hello Vakil,

Thank you so much for your answer and all the information you have given me. I really appreciate it.

I am a bit familiar with the UK procesure however there is no embassy for New Zealand in Morocco so it is a bit more complicated, the NZ embassy in Spain represents Morocco as well! I finally managed to get ahold of them on the phone today as they were not answering my emails. They cannot give papers such as the capacity to contract marriage or birth certificate, or any paper for that matter! Everything has to be requested from New Zealand and apostilled as well.

Now that's ok, but would these papers need to be certified by the Embassy even if apostilled in New Zealand? or is the Apostille enough?

For the birth certificate, Morocco asks for an updated one, is it sure the original one is sufficient?

I am planning to do all the translation in Morocco like you said, as much cheaper!

Thank you for the clarification about the criminal record from the UK as well, I didn't know that, one more to add to the list!

As of the proof of residency, is a copy of the residency card enough? does it need to be legalised or something?

Same for the letter from employer and payslips? Do they need to be legalised and if so by who?

Finally, thank you for explaining the last part, I didn't even know interviews were involved? How long does that last part take before the Adoul, just to prepare to take time off and come to Morocco? Can it all be done in a week? The 3 interviews, or is that being too hopeful?  :D

After getting permission to marry, is there a waiting time to get the final certificate?

Thank you again for your help, so appreciated

Hirubia wrote:

Hello Vakil,

Thank you so much for your answer and all the information you have given me. I really appreciate it.

I am a bit familiar with the UK procesure however there is no embassy for New Zealand in Morocco so it is a bit more complicated, the NZ embassy in Spain represents Morocco as well! I finally managed to get ahold of them on the phone today as they were not answering my emails. They cannot give papers such as the capacity to contract marriage or birth certificate, or any paper for that matter! Everything has to be requested from New Zealand and apostilled as well.

Now that's ok, but would these papers need to be certified by the Embassy even if apostilled in New Zealand? or is the Apostille enough?

For the birth certificate, Morocco asks for an updated one, is it sure the original one is sufficient?

I am planning to do all the translation in Morocco like you said, as much cheaper!

Thank you for the clarification about the criminal record from the UK as well, I didn't know that, one more to add to the list!

As of the proof of residency, is a copy of the residency card enough? does it need to be legalised or something?

Same for the letter from employer and payslips? Do they need to be legalised and if so by who?

Finally, thank you for explaining the last part, I didn't even know interviews were involved? How long does that last part take before the Adoul, just to prepare to take time off and come to Morocco? Can it all be done in a week? The 3 interviews, or is that being too hopeful?  :D

After getting permission to marry, is there a waiting time to get the final certificate?

Thank you again for your help, so appreciated

You'r more than welcome, i can now understand how complicated it is as i was not aware of NZ not having an embassy and the shared embassy does not provide these documents. Thank you for sharing this information.

I no people have obtained the documents from our countries where they have an embassy and if NZ have one in london maybe check with them if your able to obtain the documents needed.

Please find my answers is uppercase under each questions

APOLSTILLE IS ENOUGH

WHEN YOU SAY MOROCCO ASKED FOR UPDATED ONE? WHO DID YOU ASK?
IV AND PEOPLE I KNOW ONLY EVER USED THE ORIGINAL ONE AND HAD IT TRANSLATED.

HOWEVER WILES YOU APPLY FOR THE OTHER DOCUMENTS FROM NZ YOU COULD ALSO OBTAINED A NEW ONE, BUT NOT REALLY SURE HOW IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE AS THERE IS NO CURRENT DATE ON THERE?

YES THEY ASK FOR POLICE RECORD BASIC DBS CHECK IS ACCEPTABLE FROM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE.

RESIDENCY CARD IS ACCEPTABLE, AS FOR LEGALISED COPY MAYBE OBTAIN THIS TO BE SAFE HOWEVER IM NOT SURE AS IV NEVER EXPERIENCE THIS PART MY SELF.

IV NEVER HAD THEM LEGALISED,  THEY ACCEPTED A LETTER FROM THE COMPANY OUTLINED MY INCOME AND SIGNED AND STAMPED BY THE COMPANY WITH CONTACT INFO INCASE ANYONE NEEDS TO VERIFY.

ALL PHOTO COPIES MUST BE LEGALISED AND YOU WILL NEED AROUND 4-5 COPIES OF EACH. YOU CAN DO THIS VERY CHEAPLY IN MOROCCO.

Finally, thank you for explaining the last part, I didn't even know interviews were involved?

NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW THIS PART IT COMES AS A SURPRISE LOL

How long does that last part take before the Adoul, just to prepare to take time off and come to Morocco?

THIS PART DOESN'T REALLY LAST LONG IF YOU LUCKY IT CAN BE DONE IN ONE DAY BUT THE CHANCES ARE THE DEPARTMENTS LIKE TO WASTE TIME AND MAKE YOU RUN AROUND SO I WOULD PLAN FOR 3 DAYS MAYBE 4 DAYS TO BE SAFE. BUT IF YOU GET THE FIRST SLIP FROM THE COURTS EARLY ONCE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR DOCUMENT YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO IT ALL IN ONE DAY OR AT LEAST TWO OF THE LOCATION IN ONE DAY ANYWAYS.

Can it all be done in a week? The 3 interviews, or is that being too hopeful?  :D

YES DEFIANTLY, A WEEK IS MORE THAN ENOUGH. IF NO PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ETC HOWEVER WITH COVID RULES CHANGING ALL THE TIME THIS COULD EFFECT THE TIMEFRAME BUT SHOULD BE NO LATER THAN A WEEK. ONCE YOU GET TO THIS STAGE THAT IS.

ALL THE OTHER DOCUMENTS IN MOROCCO CAN BE DONE FAIR QUICKLY.

YES USALLY A WEEK FOR THE OFFICIAL COPY OF THE CERTIFICATE. HOWEVER ONCE YOU HAVE DONE THE MARRIAGE AND SIGNING OF THE DOCUMENT, REQUEST A COPY OF THE RECIPT AS THAT WILL BE YOUR PROOF OF MARRIAGE UNTIL THE FINAL CERTIFICATE IS DONE. YOU CAN ASK THE ADOOL TO TRY TO GIVE IT MUCH SOONER, DEPENDING ON HOW BUSY HE IS, HE CAN SOMETIMES GET IT WITHIN A FEW DAYS.

Hope this clarifies all and please do not hesitate to ask any further questions should any more come to mind.

Hi Vakil,

Ouf thank you so much for your help, you have been a life saver, I definitely have a better understanding of the whole thing!

For the birth certificate, well you definitely make sense, I don't understand how a birth certificate can be new! So if I use the original one, does it need to be apostilled or legalised of some sort? Or does it only need to be translated!

For the "updated" part, I read it here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=366120
And also on here: https://www.demarches.ma/mariage/

They talk about "extrait d'acte de naissance", which I believe need to be 3 months old in Morocco! That's why in my head, it seemed like I had to ask for a new one, but if the original works, It would be easier!

Thank you for explaining the timeframe of the procedure in Morocco, that really helps a lot, hopefully this lockdown doesn't worsen! And yes, the interviews are definitely a surprise  :D I am not sure what to expect!

I have a better understanding of all the papers needed, thank you so much! My only issue is that certificate of Nationality, not sure how to get that and the embassy in Spain is not sure either haha  :D New Zealand offers a certificate of citizenship, not sure if its that or if a passport would be acceptable and an easier option!

Thank you again

Hirubia wrote:

Hi Vakil,

Ouf thank you so much for your help, you have been a life saver, I definitely have a better understanding of the whole thing!

For the birth certificate, well you definitely make sense, I don't understand how a birth certificate can be new! So if I use the original one, does it need to be apostilled or legalised of some sort? Or does it only need to be translated!

For the "updated" part, I read it here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=366120
And also on here: https://www.demarches.ma/mariage/

They talk about "extrait d'acte de naissance", which I believe need to be 3 months old in Morocco! That's why in my head, it seemed like I had to ask for a new one, but if the original works, It would be easier!

Thank you for explaining the timeframe of the procedure in Morocco, that really helps a lot, hopefully this lockdown doesn't worsen! And yes, the interviews are definitely a surprise  :D I am not sure what to expect!

I have a better understanding of all the papers needed, thank you so much! My only issue is that certificate of Nationality, not sure how to get that and the embassy in Spain is not sure either haha  :D New Zealand offers a certificate of citizenship, not sure if its that or if a passport would be acceptable and an easier option!

Thank you again

Your more than welcome.

Well people confuse the 3 month rules.

Yes most documents can't exceed 3 months this would include the police report and embassy documents, work documents etc  as these reports can change all the time.

For example you might not have a criminal record now but after 3 months you might of done something hence the record will be difference.

Work you have now but later you might now. Etc etc etc.

Sorry in no way am I saying that will happen but just giving an example.

As far thé or the certificate goes thé orignal is usually ok official special paper well the U.K. one is anyways I presume your will be similar. If so then it's perfectly fine the way it is. I never legalised or notarised mine only just translated to Arabic.

As far as any other documents goes yes they must not exceed 3 months or you would have to start the process again.

DBS record can be ordered online from gov website in U.K.

As far as the nationality goes you said NZ give certificate of citizenship this is the same thing.

As the U.K. does not give such documents they legalise our passport stating we have a legal valid passport and citizen of the U.K. that document is given at the embassy when obtaining the Other document for marriage.

If the embassy does not offer that then it would mean you will require the certificate of citizenship

You still would have to provide a copy of the photo page and entry stamp page as part of your documents for the file but they do not need to be legalised as such just legalise the way I mentioned in the last post.

When you make an appointment at the embassy they will advise you in what documents they will give for getting married in morocco.

Maybe if they have a embassy in the U.K. you can do the appointment there since you live there. As going into Spain and then trying to come morocco will be a little difficult especially during covid and the political issues that are ongoing between the two countries.

Hello Vakil,

I apologise for my very late answer, Covid-19 finally got to me which certainly slowed everything down!

I hope you are doing well! Thank you for your help, always appreciated! I understand the procedure so much better!

Papers are definitely taking long to get, lockdowns everywhere not making things easier! Had to apply for ACRO police certificate, as I think they require that over the DBS!

I still haven't managed to sort out the nationality paper, im still not sure if it is the same as citizenship certificate and the embassy is not sure either haha

For the UK residency, not sure if I require a certificate, which the UK really only give for tax purposes or if any proof of residency would be enough, residency card or a bill I guess!

The NZ embassy told me to try and call the Moroccan embassy in Australia, that they might have more informations for me haha

All I can say is that becareful before marrying a Moroccan lady,cos most of them are useless and very wicked.makes sure she will not set your house on fire one day,they are full of crazy people.i know some of them are nice,while alot of them are crazy people,just take note.

chinono3936 wrote:

All I can say is that becareful before marrying a Moroccan lady,cos most of them are useless and very wicked.makes sure she will not set your house on fire one day,they are full of crazy people.i know some of them are nice,while alot of them are crazy people,just take note.

Hi Chinono, Sounds like you had bad experiences, All we can say is apologies but not everyone is the same. Let's refrain from disrespecting all people or one culture or one gender. Everyone has a right to their views and everyone experience is different. This chat is about how to get married in Morocco and not about anything else. Please let's respect everyone and we wish everyone the best of luck with their marriges.

Hirubia wrote:

Hello Vakil,

I apologise for my very late answer, Covid-19 finally got to me which certainly slowed everything down!

I hope you are doing well! Thank you for your help, always appreciated! I understand the procedure so much better!

Papers are definitely taking long to get, lockdowns everywhere not making things easier! Had to apply for ACRO police certificate, as I think they require that over the DBS!

I still haven't managed to sort out the nationality paper, im still not sure if it is the same as citizenship certificate and the embassy is not sure either haha

For the UK residency, not sure if I require a certificate, which the UK really only give for tax purposes or if any proof of residency would be enough, residency card or a bill I guess!

The NZ embassy told me to try and call the Moroccan embassy in Australia, that they might have more informations for me haha

No need to apologise. I just hope you'r safe and well.

"Papers are definitely taking long to get, lockdowns everywhere not making things easier! Had to apply for ACRO police certificate, as I think they require that over the DBS!"

ACRO is fine but not necessary, DBS is acceptable and all advise i'm giving is from first hand experience and helping others over the years including this year. However if you have obtain the ACRO it is also acceptable.

"I still haven't managed to sort out the nationality paper, im still not sure if it is the same as citizenship certificate and the embassy is not sure either"

HaHaHa sorry about this. But hopefully my comment will clarify - Nationality paper is the same are Citizenship Certificate so if you have this document its perfectly fine and acceptable.

"Certificate of no impediment

Some countries will ask you for a document that proves you're not already married in New Zealand. In New Zealand, this document is called a ‘Certificate of no impediment to marriage' — other countries might call it something different."

You can download the application from your government website :

https://www.govt.nz/browse/family-and-w … -overseas/

"For the UK residency, not sure if I require a certificate, which the UK really only give for tax purposes or if any proof of residency would be enough, residency card or a bill I guess!"

Well, i can only presume that you must have a UK residency card or Permit. Or residency Visa which shows your information on? If so this should be acceptable as evidence. If you have a residency card then that is also acceptable. Best thing would be is to scan these documents and email to your fiancé and ask her to check at the local family courts they will give her the correct answer if them documents are acceptable or not. and if they are not they will explain what is acceptable if she ask them.

"The NZ embassy told me to try and call the Moroccan embassy in Australia"

Actually you could ring the British embassy in Rabat a the Australian embassy is part of the same building and also has the option on the switch board. Im presuming you could just try to ring them and see if the process is the same as it might all be done via the British embassy since they share the same embassy in Rabat. If you do ring please do keep me updated as to how it went and what they advised you.

Im sorry that i was unable to give further clarity on your case but your case is a new experience for me also but i hope some of my answers has given you a better insight or helped you understand what is needed much more than before. Please continue to keep me updated and please continue to ask any more questions should you have any.

please feel free to private message me should you prefer to talk in private.

In every  country there is good and bad   .  Don't  listen  to the negativ people  Wish u all the best

Well said Vakil. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a losers." Most men use the wrong head to think and focus on the external beautiful. Whenever this is the sole focus then refer to the aforementioned outcome from the greatest prophet ever lived. Alhamdulilah, I followed his advice and as a result I am a winner. Alhamdulilah!!!

Yes is about to get married,and also is about you knowing the type of person you want to marry and how they behaves,so I said how they behaves.

Thanks Hiruba and Vakil for important Information.
I am Residing in Australia and Planning to get Married in Morocco, I am NZ citizen born In India

Birth Certificate - I have orignal one - Do I have to Notarized in Australia
Certificate of Indemedent.. with Appostile.  I have applied for and waiting.

What are other challenges you facing Hiruba,?

Do you know what documents require Appostile or Notarized?

@Hirubia

Hi there,

Im Muhammad. Live in New Zealand. Im also hoping to get married with a Moroccon girl. i just have one question regarding the first document “No Impediment to Marriage certificate”. Since there is no New Zealand embassy in Morocco, From where i should get this document ? Which embassy should i contact to get this document ? Could you please tell me the process to apply for this document ? It would be a big help.

Thanks

@ihsanmo24 Since there is no Embassy or Consulate of New Zealand in Morocco, you will need to obtain the certificate of no impediment to marriage prior to your departure from New Zealand.

For more details and to apply for the certificate, please visit this website: https://www.govt.nz/browse/family-and-w … -overseas/

You can find the application form titled "Application for certificate of no impediment to marriage or civil union BDM 189 (PDF 311KB)" near the bottom of the page. Download it, print, complete and submit.

The certificate will require authentication and apostille in New Zealand, which is explained in the application form.

It typically takes 3-5 weeks for the certificate to be issued, so it is advisable to apply well in advance.

Please note that the certificate must not be older than 3 months at the time of use in Morocco.

Once you are in Morocco, the certificate must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and translated into Arabic by an officially approved court translator.

@MarriageInMorocco

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have one more question. After i apply for this particular document by filling the application, should i send the document to moroccon embassy in Australia to put the special stamp on the paper ? Is there any process like that before i come to morocco ?

Thank you

@ihsanmo24 No. Australian Embassy provides notarial services only for Australian documents.

The certificate of no impediment will require authentication and apostille in New Zealand before you come to Morocco.

When you are in Morocco it will need legalizing by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rabat.

Then the document will require Arabic translation in Morocco.