Residence Permit with Spouse

Urgent
Hello
I am a student in Belgium and my studies and my residence permit is going to expire on 31 August 2021. However, my wife is also coming to Belgium on a student visa and she holds a scholarship of 1000 euros every month for the next 24 months. I want to stay with her in Belgium, during her study period. Please guide me

Thank you

It looks like your wife scholarship is lower than the requirement for dependent person.

Have your wife been here or she will be here? Its likely that you will need to go back to your home country to submit an application as your wife has not got officially RP here in Belgium.

If your wife is here and have RP, go to commune and ask for Family reunion. It will take 9 months. Information is redundant on the Internet and I assume that Graduated students have really good searching and analyting skills ;).

You will have to apply for a family reunion process. However, its true that your wife would have to earn/receive around 1,500 neto for the two of you. Family money does not count (if your parents still send you money for example) but every case is different and students might have other options. I would suggest to just book a family reunion info appointment at the commune and explain the situation a little bit. Another solution would be for you to continue studying, there are many one year short programmes (really good ones) and it will extend your residence permit as long as you keep studying (and it can be a great addition to your future) But you have to do it fast so you can extend before the 31 of August.