Living in Turkey? Expat.com needs you!

@Erol Alper
Hi I'm trying to move to Turkeyfrom the UK  this year with my wife and 3 kids. Could you please help with guide
where in Turkey? Turkey is VERY big
I do not think this forum for commercial proposals (apart from the fact that in most cases a residency can be obtained easily (not for working though and not from certain countries)). Can I ask do you work for free?
Beware of CON Artists...  do not give money to anyone.. lots of cons in here..   

book a flight, hotel and a car.  come to Antalya, or Istanbul..  look around... most likely you will love it..
it very easy to get a residence visa.. lots of offices here next to the immigration office help you file for residency..  single person may cost $250 for two years.... family may cost $1000 for two years. 
agreed with Fandago, he is more direct then I am, but all direct proposals here should be dismissed, it really intended to be for FREE (in which case it is fine)
Where is the reply from Orhanbeken to confirm his advice is for free (in which case there is no secret and perhaps even shared on the forum).
The moderator should follow carefully I think. Some people try to give some input and value, others try to benefit.
I am sad, very sad, I feel that 50% of the posts should be removed, what is unfortunate is that some of the removable items are replied upon (people trust?)

Not good for the forum perspective as a whole.

The forum could be good and helpful if people trust and find it useful.
@Fandango2020 We probably paid too much for our property (lets see), but all was included (including residency permit until End of December 2023, water, gas, direct debit for those on bank, ...)

Of course we paid too much but we got comfort, in my view, irrespective Hungary or Turkey real estate agent should arrange for much (which includes residency permit (and in my view also health insurance and more)

We had many things to do in Hungary when we moved and the real estate agent puts us in contact with a guy who knows (of course we paid too much, but he is on time and he knows professionals (electricians, buildersm garden, ...) Anyhow in Hungary (or Turkey) as an expat you pay too much (no problem (part of life)). In Turkey servicing might even better, but being on time is not a part of that.

Then again we had experience in Luxembourg at the start there of a (big) company looking at a shower, looking for 2 hours, no solution and charge us EUR 200

@Fandango2020 True.

Here I am Pakistani living in Istanbul :)

@Priscilla I would like more details. :)

I am a Tanzanian young ambitious lady living in Bahchsehir , Turkey . Can someone help getting a job in Turkey ? I am hardworking too.

contact me on my whatsapp ***

Thank you

Surprised, but good, I think if you are a married to a Turkish man it should not be a problem,

By the way personal details on expat not allowed so I suspect your message will be deleted shortly.

If not married, on which reason you are staying here, as for a black African (assumption) it is difficult.

Depending on your requirements if you speak both English and Turkish it really should be easy to get a job (even if not excessively paid, but in my view more than average)
Clearly I will not contact you, I am semi-retired, but a reply will kick off things I think.
Did I mention working permit?

@Priscilla 

My name is Linda  my husband  is Turkish  I am 56 years of age married I am Irish and I am going to get Turkey  citizenship  , I am thinking  I would like to live their we have home and family  their . Kuduasi  I would like to get a job as I am56 years old I have worked in retail good with people experience  in customer support and help people etc.As working  with tourists  as   in the transplant clinic s , 

I am not sure but some thing like that would you have any advice in looking  for work and website  my Turkish  is. Basics , but getting better I am doing a cou9 at the moment .

We have our home what could I work at I have English I am Irish

Kind Regards 

Linda Sengul 

@lindasengul1308 I am sure your Turkish will pick up and finding a job should be easy, having said that the salary is probably disappointing, even if speaking Turkish and English, I would say if you speak both fluently, perhaps EUR 600 pm is what to expect, I would say why bother, make your husband, family and most importantly your life good and good for the people you love, why bother with a job. Still if cash is needed, you are perfectlyy suited (Turkish and English are a special thing)

@Priscilla MODERATOR , I do not mind at all, I think I have a contributor for some months (and I htink it is fine. If "Pariste" have some concrete evdidence for me to being negative or ..... Fine, please block me.
I do not like fights at all, so I wish to the moderator to take a look.
I will also copy paste to another level.
If I am to be barred, it is fine.
cdw057 , It is not about fight, I express my opinion like you did. That's all.
I don't have this right ? Just you have ?
If you don't like what I wrote, you can block me too, or you can ignore my comments. Also, other people in this forum did not appreciate so much what you commented. So it's not just me. Anyway, have a nice day !
@Priscilla

Hello, i am living in turkey from last 3 years,and i have enough ideas about it.
I can be of great help.

Thanks.

@najmssaquib Please guide is it best to migrate to Bursa from Pakistan with 3 Kids'. Please guide in detail. Thanks.

@hamudaali537610

Hi. I have lots of questions and it would be great if you could help me with some questions that I have, I fee that I will have a lot of questions. Unsure if I am allowed but this is my personal email@

[link moderated]

Many thanks

Phil

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi i am in istanbul for 2 weeks i am iranian how can i help you?

@Aamir Khan68 Is whisky available openly in pubs r shops in Turky?

@marleysa how is life in Turky?

@farzadmarandi am in Cameroon am looking for a job I am a Carpenter by profession

Hello everyone,

Please note that this thread is not meant for members to ask questions.

It had been open so that members could join the expert team.

Should you have any questions about Turkey, please open your own thread : Turkey forum

All the best,

Bhavna

@Amjad9 glad to help ant questions you might have.

@najmssaquib

hi najam

i had visited turkey last year, applied for trc from istanbul but unfortunately it was denied , i left turkey and get back to pakistan, some said you had to apply from bursa, someone said you must have multiple visa, well now i have completed six months, in pakistan,

whats your opinion , shall i try from bursa, or i need multiple entry visa...

thanks

and what we should do in turkey like job or small business,

thanks

noman

Hello nomansddq,

Let's avoid any off-topic posts here. I advise you to start a new thread on the Turkey forum to ask your questions and also to get feedback from more active members.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl  hello ı am from turkey . HOW CAN I HELP U ?

Hello beyzayurttaer,

Thank you for message.

I am not actually the one looking for information here. You can browse the different threads on the Turkey forum to see how you can assist other members.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Amjad9

Same, any development on this?

Turkey is a relatively safe country, especially compared to its neighbors in the Middle East. While there are always exceptions, most of the time you can walk around without worry. For example, the US had 56% more crimes per capita than Turkey in 2021[link moderated]

@lynnstuart89 On safe, I can only agree, no issue whatsoever (of course people ask too much financially, but that is fine)

Hello Priscilla my name is Faiza I'm living in maltepe on the anatolia side for 2years now . I can volunteer 2days a month if that's useful to you please let me know

Thanks faiza

Hello Faiza,

Welcome and thank you for the offer. We are looking for expats in Turkey who would help our members on the long term or whenever they can... One of the requirements is that the member should have atleast 40 post on the forum so that we see how it goes.

Thank you

Bhavna

Been living in the Kusadasi area for about 13 years if I can help with information etc I would be only too glad.

@Fandango2020

Thank you for your consideration and advice ☺️

Hi. My name is Furkan .  If you need my service, let me know. Thanks.

@Priscilla hi Priscilla, I would be happy to help, kindly provide me with further details on how this works.

Thanks,

didem